+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 232 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888138 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 2316
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

  1. #371
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,597

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by illusions;3443885;

    Does anyone know how many stars like Debbie Gibson have actively solicited a spot on DWTS? Seems kind of tacky to me.
    Kim Kardashian, Brooke Hogan, Melissa Joan Hart (who turned down a spot on season 1 but now wants to do it), Florence Henderson, and Cloris are the ones I know of. There's a guy but I can't for the life of me remember who who's been trying to get on since season 1. Cloris said they finally cast her when she went in cursing up a storm. Nice Some people, like Al Sharpton, Dina Lohan, Heidi Montag, and Jessica Simpson have put out there they want to do the show. Whether they're pursuing it I have no idea. But if ABC really has an issue with Debbie's skating show, then Heidi would be a no go since she's doing I'm A Celebrity on NBC this summer.
    Last edited by fluff; 05-11-2009 at 01:45 PM.

  2. #372
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,229

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    I don't know where to post this question so I'll put it here--

    Why is tonight's show (May 11) TWO hours long?


    That's what the ads are saying this morning.

    Thanks for any info.

  3. #373
    RIP Billy Mays:'( Trista's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,089

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    I think because each couple does two dances, and I believe that they also have a dance choreographed by one of the Pick-a-Pro dancers. I don't know if the Pick-a-Pro dances are today or tomorrow, but I'd venture to guess today.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

  4. #374
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,597

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    They probably don't have anything to fill up the two hours so that's why they extended it another 1/2 hour. Pick a pro is usually Tuesday but with only two dancers left, are they picking the winner this week? If so, that would make sense. Might get confusing, though, with all the numbers and who's voting for what. Last week there were some pro numbers so they might do that again.

  5. #375
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,229

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    When everyone did two dances last week it seemed they barely could fill their hour and a half.
    So maybe they have something else planned in addition to the competition dances?

    Just seems like a looong show to me.

    But--thank goodness that keeps that awful Bob Saget thing from coming on in between DWTS and Castle.

  6. #376
    FORT Fogey anders332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,374

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3444029;
    When everyone did two dances last week it seemed they barely could fill their hour and a half.
    So maybe they have something else planned in addition to the competition dances?

    Just seems like a looong show to me.

    But--thank goodness that keeps that awful Bob Saget thing from coming on in between DWTS and Castle.
    Last week was 2 hrs and they had 5 couples. Tonight with 4 couples and 2 hours there must be some serious filler.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

    Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

  7. #377
    . illusions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    680

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3443960;
    Kim Kardashian, Brooke Hogan, Melissa Joan Hart (who turned down a spot on season 1 but now wants to do it), Florence Henderson, and Cloris are the ones I know of. There's a guy but I can't for the life of me remember who who's been trying to get on since season 1. Cloris said they finally cast her when she went in cursing up a storm. Nice Some people, like Al Sharpton, Dina Lohan, Heidi Montag, and Jessica Simpson have put out there they want to do the show. Whether they're pursuing it I have no idea. But if ABC really has an issue with Debbie's skating show, then Heidi would be a no go since she's doing I'm A Celebrity on NBC this summer.
    It's one thing to be asked and if you don't do well you can always blame it on the fact that they twisted your arm to be on the show. I can possibly see Florence and Cloris asking since they probably felt their age could make them a shoo-in, but the younger celebs are crazy for putting their names out there if they totally blow it. Then again, maybe they don't care about what anyone else thinks.
    I'm only here for the entertainment.

  8. #378
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    15,209

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    TVGuide.com posted a poll of readers' "Power Rankings" of the final four, with interesting results.

    Shawn is the overwhelming pick to win it all.

    Photos - Photo Gallery: Dancing with the Stars Top 4 Power Rankings
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

  9. #379
    FORT Fogey ironcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,454

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3444187;
    TVGuide.com posted a poll of readers' "Power Rankings" of the final four, with interesting results.

    Shawn is the overwhelming pick to win it all.

    Photos - Photo Gallery: Dancing with the Stars Top 4 Power Rankings
    I'm not the least surprised, and have been thinking for a while that, while Gilles and Melissa fans battle it out here over who is best, Shawn is walking away with this by a mile in the voting, and has been from the start. At least that would be a better and more credible outcome than Ty winning, IMO.

  10. #380
    Frankly, my dear BritLit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Not on the Fence
    Posts
    1,742

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3444187;
    TVGuide.com posted a poll of readers' "Power Rankings" of the final four, with interesting results.

    Shawn is the overwhelming pick to win it all.

    Photos - Photo Gallery: Dancing with the Stars Top 4 Power Rankings
    That poll has Shawn with almost 3/4's of the votes. I cannot find a single poll that shows anything other than Shawn with a ginormous lead, and Gilles in solid second place. The only question remaining is whether Ty's "cowboy" army and country radio campaign for votes can knock Melissa out of third place. I don't think the judges at this point dare score Ty too low for fear of looking as if they're deliberately trying to knock him off, sooo . . .
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.