+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 232 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839404181131 ... LastLast
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

FORT Fogey

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BeckyQOC;3421850;
    And even though The Bachelor's Melissa Rycroft has consistently scored high with partner Tony Dovolani, Garth isn't impressed.

"Not a fan. Just not," Garth said. "I don't think she's that great. She's probably really a lovely person, but I'm not a fan of her dancing

Jennie is perhaps speaking from experience. Since she left at 4th place, I am sure she realizes that there were many people who liked her as a person but weren't impressed with her dancing, either, regardless of her scores or her effort.

ew.com has a great (and hilarious) photo gallery called: 'Dancing With the Stars': Crazy Costume Watch!

i'm not sure if i can post the link here or not so i'm not going to. the info above should get you to where you want to go. it's really cute and funny!

Is Mike Tyson Headed For Reality TV?
    Iron Mike says his girlfriend has been pushing him to try 'Dancing With the Stars.'

By Eric Ditzian

Mike Tyson: undisputed heavyweight champion of the world, disgraced jailbird, star of his own acclaimed Sundance documentary ... reality-TV contestant? If Tyson's girlfriend gets her way, Iron Mike will one day make his way to ABC's dance floor.

"She got me watching 'Dancing With the Stars' and said, 'You should be on "Dancing With the Stars," ' " Tyson told MTV News. The boxer, who is the subject of the new documentary "Tyson" (in theaters Friday), was not exactly receptive to the idea. "I'm living with this woman, and I'm saying, 'Are you sick?' "

Athletes from the football field to the ice rink have thrived on "DWTS." Legendary Dallas Cowboys running back Emmitt Smith, speed-skater Apolo Anton Ohno and figure-skater Kristi Yamaguchi have all won the competition. And even Evander Holyfield whose ear Tyson infamously munched on during a 1997 bout appeared briefly on the first season before getting kicked off for a shaky jive performance.

Tyson's girlfriend has also pitched him on a reality show about his life. "She said, 'Hon, listen. I know some people, and I think it would be a good idea if you're a producer and you control everything that happened and you have your own reality show,' " Tyson recalled. "I said, 'Are you crazy?' "

While he may not be interested in taking part in any sort of reality show, he said he has become a reluctant fan of countless programs, including "For the Love of Ray J," "Candy Girls," "Tough Love," "Rock of Love Bus With Bret Michaels" and all the "Real Housewives" series.

"I don't like this stuff, man!" Tyson said. "I despise this stuff, but I know the stories. I know what's happening. I know who's who. Well I say, 'Yeah, she's a dirty dog this girl right here!' "

Since winning the heavyweight crown at the age of 20, Tyson has continually battled his own demons, from drug and sex addictions to depression. (Read what he had to say about Chris Brown's alleged altercation with Rihanna.) And for all his joking about reality-show viewing, he does express a certain wariness when it comes to letting anything or anyone affect his own mental health.

"This stuff can pollute your mind," he said. "I don't care what level of intellect you have. This stuff can rot in your mind."

And he told MTV that he often asks his girlfriend, "You allow these people to invade your mind? You don't know these people! How do you hate this person? You don't know this person!"
    Is Mike Tyson Headed For Reality TV? - News Story | Music, Celebrity, Artist News | MTV News

Uh oh. Bruno (in particular) and the other judges may want to reconsider making cruel comments, or at the very least, wear ear protectors.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Please no! The rumors are starting early this year for next season.

If Mike Tyson really were to go on SWTS I think it would completely ruin the show for me There would be boycotting involved.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3423193;
    If Mike Tyson really were to go on SWTS I think it would completely ruin the show for me There would be boycotting involved.
    It's funny how many people get in the news by raising the idea that they have considered going on DWTS. Doesn't mean the producers would have them.
    Yes, they've had drug addicts and felons on but he would be the first rapist, cannibal, bi-polar, tattoo faced, lisping psychopath.
    In the Red Room:
    Samantha: So, Mike, what is your strategy?
    Iron Mike: My style is fewoscious, my offenth is impetweous. I want to wrip yo heawt out. i want to eat youw childwen......

Daily News Releases

Here's ABC's press release for next Tuesday's results show. I'm excited to see Edyta and Alec back to dance!

EIGHTH COUPLE ELIMINATED ON
    "DANCING WITH THE STARS THE RESULTS SHOW,"
    TUESDAY, APRIL 28 ON ABC

Multiplatinum Artist Robin Thicke Perfoms

Professional Dancer Competition Continues

"Episode 808A" - After tallying the judges' and viewer votes, the eighth couple to be eliminated from the competition is revealed on "Dancing with the Stars the Results Show," TUESDAY, APRIL 28 (9:00-10:02 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

Grammy Award-winning multi-platinum singer-songwriter Robin Thicke performs his debut single, "When I Get You Alone" (from his first studio album, 2003's "A Beautiful World"). Joining him on the dance floor are "Dancing with the Stars" professional dancers Cheryl Burke, Dmitry Chaplin, Tony Dovolani, Kym Johnson, Alec Mazo and Edyta Sliwinska in a group Samba. He will also perform his current hit "Sidestep" from his recently released third studio album, "Something Else." Accompanying him on the stage are professional dancers Pasha Kovalev and Anya Garnis.

The first "Dancing with the Stars" professional dancer competition continues. After two of the six professional dancers are eliminated based on last week's viewer votes, the four remaining dancers will dance the Jive and the Quickstep. By the end of this season, one lucky dancer, determined by viewers' votes, will be selected as a member of next season's "Dancing with the Stars" cast to be paired with a celebrity. Full details and bios are available at Home - ABC.com.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3423314;
    Daily News Releases

Here's ABC's press release for next Tuesday's results show. I'm excited to see Edyta and Alec back to dance!
    and i'm bummed there is no mention of DANCECENTER!!

Quote Originally Posted by BeckyQOC;3423317;
    and i'm bummed there is no mention of DANCECENTER!!
    Me too That's one of the best things about the results show. I'm hoping it's still coming. I think they should do it every week.

+ Reply to Thread