+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 232 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353676126 ... LastLast
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Re: DWTS Media Thread

The article pretty much tells the story of the Realty TV shows including DWTS.There is a story to tell and the ending is pretty evident based on the story line and the players, doubt very much votes count in the end.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3407167;
    Did you forget about Taylor Hicks, who for me was the biggest wtf? But I agree, although I'm sure it would be a good thing for Ruben's efforts to lose weight, I really don't want to see him on DWTS.
    As far as I'm concerned, the real ending of AI5 had Chris Daughtry winning but he knew he was going to be a huge star with or without the show so he decided to bow out and give Kat and Taylor a chance to win and have fame and fortune. And speaking of Kat McPhee, she had expressed interest in being on the show. I was trying to think who I'd want to see, but not sure those on my wish list lasted long enough or still have enough of a fan base to come on (if they had one before-but this is DWTS so that doesn't always matter). I wouldn't mind seeing Melinda Doolittle from season 6.

The article pretty much tells the story of the Realty TV shows including DWTS.There is a story to tell and the ending is pretty evident based on the story line and the players, doubt very much votes count in the end.
    I think the judges votes count more in the end. The couples have their encore dance that they do and it's only scored by the judges. Unless the judges divide their votes from the night before and still make it 50/50. But it was obvious before season 6 Kristi was going to win and the real suspense was how everyone else would fare. Last season led to surprises in Brooke being a frontrunner despite not having a recognizable name, Warren doing as well as he did, Susan and Cloris lasting as long as they did, and Toni Braxton falling flat. But by the second dance Brooke was the one to beat. I said last season, I miss the seasons of Emmitt vs. Mario, Apolo vs. Joey, Helio vs. Mel B where you really didn't know what would happen or were surprised that personality won over ability.

FORT Fogey

I still think judges gave it to Helio/Julianne over Mel/Maks because they had sunnier personalities. Mel was ahead by a fair margin on DI and had higher judge's scores to boot. I think Maks knew what went down too and that's why he was so royally ticked. I would be too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3407884;
    I still think judges gave it to Helio/Julianne over Mel/Maks because they had sunnier personalities. Mel was ahead by a fair margin on DI and had higher judge's scores to boot. I think Maks knew what went down too and that's why he was so royally ticked. I would be too.
    maks did become much more vocal about his complaints with the show after that. surly, almost, at times. he wasn't on the show last season...i was glad he was back but maybe he's contractually bound. he seemed to have thinly veiled contempt for denise. i love maks but if he KNEW he got screwed out of the win, it would certainly explain some of his comments over the last couple of years.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by BeckyQOC;3407975;
    maks did become much more vocal about his complaints with the show after that. surly, almost, at times. he wasn't on the show last season...i was glad he was back but maybe he's contractually bound. he seemed to have thinly veiled contempt for denise. i love maks but if he KNEW he got screwed out of the win, it would certainly explain some of his comments over the last couple of years.
    Maks I think had one season left in his contract (this season) so there were rumors this was his last season, but he says he'll be back in the fall. There's rumors Misty May Treanor may be back in the fall, and Maks will definitely come back for her. Maks was not a happy guy when he lost to Helio/Julianne, and I know he had spoken out against the show and the route it was taking last season. Some people thought the real reason he took season 6 off is because he was bitter about losing. If he had come back who knows, they might have given him Kristi.

FORT Fogey

He should come back next season because I think he'll get a contender. Ditto Karina.

FORT Fogey

I just saw something that appalled me. During the behind the scenes interview with Lil'Kim and Derek after the VW dance, Tony and Melissa came in to hog their limelight. Tony came behind Derek and brought Melissa with him (his hand was on her waist till he was in position. He looked at the camera to have a clear view before removing his hand from Melissa to stay in that position. There was a handler (can see her neck badge), who kept trying to block the interference, but Tony and Mel kept moving. Even going to the back, between Derek and Lil'Kim. You can see Melissa look at the cameral and then move till she has an unobstructed view then she stays there. You see when there is an object moving in the background, you tend to look there rather than on the still object before you. They tried to steal from Derek and Lil'Kim. shame on them

Last week, Tony interrupted Derek and Lil'Kim's interview and hogged some of their time and limelight in so doing. They have done it again. I really am going to watch what they do next week. Two times is too much. On the other hand that is good because they realize Lil'Kim is competition for them. ss

sounds like they are mocking derek, who routinely pimps anyone's camera time and will contort his body into any position to get in front of the camera. he's shameless.

Quote Originally Posted by BeckyQOC;3408573;
    sounds like they are mocking derek, who routinely pimps anyone's camera time and will contort his body into any position to get in front of the camera. he's shameless.
    Could be. It sounds to me like good-natured, playful kidding amongst cast members, and entertainment for the viewers. Not that I'm a Derek fan, but it's been mentioned many times that the cast members bond and develop close friendships with each other.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BeckyQOC;3408573;
    Must be mistaken. Have not seen that once. This was a Lil'Kim and Derek interview. Tony and Melissa should not act in an underhand way. Play with Derek all you want if they REALLY are that close. But, do not take away from Lil'Kim. That is cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3408658;
    Could be. It sounds to me like good-natured, playful kidding amongst cast members, and entertainment for the viewers. Not that I'm a Derek fan, but it's been mentioned many times that the cast members bond and develop close friendships with each other.
    It did not seem good natured in any way. It has happened twice and I am on to them,. On the other hand, Derek does not flog others spot when they are having 2 on 1 interviews which is routine after the show. I have not seen any other cast members do this, and the handler was quite concerned. Kept moving to block Tony and Melissa. If it was okay why was the handler concerned. Kept looking at Tony and Melissa to move as they moved to block them. I do not know if you guys are responding for responding sake, or you really have seen the video. You will feel differently if you do. The cast members bond but they do not cheat.

+ Reply to Thread