+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 232 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373123 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 2316
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

  1. #221
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    I wish there was a dance off on Tuesday so Holly had a chance to save herself. It prob wouldn't have happened but you could tell that slip bothered her and she wanted to do the dance again as she loved it so much. Glad to read she got her chance and did well. Good for her. She's so sweet.

  2. #222
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,600

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3402026;
    I wish there was a dance off on Tuesday so Holly had a chance to save herself. It prob wouldn't have happened but you could tell that slip bothered her and she wanted to do the dance again as she loved it so much. Glad to read she got her chance and did well. Good for her. She's so sweet.
    I was thinking about the dance off and the discussions everyone's been having about it. I think it's come too little too late but it figures the one week they could really use it so a star could improve they don't have it. It kind of seemed to defeat the whole purpose not having it this week. It might not have helped Holly at all, but I still admire her for going out with her head held high.

  3. #223
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3402028;
    I was thinking about the dance off and the discussions everyone's been having about it. I think it's come too little too late but it figures the one week they could really use it so a star could improve they don't have it. It kind of seemed to defeat the whole purpose not having it this week. It might not have helped Holly at all, but I still admire her for going out with her head held high.
    It just seemed if they were going to make it part of show it should still take place even with 2 couples leaving if only for them to feel they had their last shot like the others did before them. The fact that it really meant something to Holly made it sad to watch.

  4. #224
    FORT Fogey Blues Songstres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Age
    57
    Posts
    3,204

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    I agree. This was the one time when the dance-off might have actually made a difference.

  5. #225
    FORT Fogey ironcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,454

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    Just shows once again how the producers are not concerned with fairness or consistency on this show.

  6. #226
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    9,848

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3402203;
    Just shows once again how the producers are not concerned with fairness or consistency on this show.
    However, this is one of those times when we have to acknowledge that maybe the producers actually paid attention to what the viewers were saying concerning what we like and don't like. I never saw on in any media article or on any site where one person liked the dance-off. People were highly critical of it, and I think the producers took note and decided to chuck the idea.

  7. #227
    FORT Fogey ironcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,454

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3402207;
    However, this is one of those times when we have to acknowledge that maybe the producers actually paid attention to what the viewers were saying concerning what we like and don't like. I never saw on in any media article or on any site where one person liked the dance-off. People were highly critical of it, and I think the producers took note and decided to chuck the idea.
    I hope you're right, I just assumed that with a double elimination, they didn't really have time for the dance-off of three couples (not to mention the agony of having to watch it). We will know for sure next week, unless it's already been announced that there are no more dance-offs.

  8. #228
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,600

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    I also hope you're right, but Tom said because of the double elimination they weren't doing the dance off this week. I don't see what the harm would have been in letting 3 couples do it. I didn't enjoy Boyz II Men that much. The judges still could have ensured the Woz got sent packing by giving him an even lower score than the night before and possibly Holly could have improved her little slip and gotten better scores. Steve-O/Lacey couldn't do much else to save their routine. It really would have only benefitted Holly, and she needed it.

  9. #229
    FORT Fogey ironcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,454

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3402259;
    I also hope you're right, but Tom said because of the double elimination they weren't doing the dance off this week. I don't see what the harm would have been in letting 3 couples do it. I didn't enjoy Boyz II Men that much. The judges still could have ensured the Woz got sent packing by giving him an even lower score than the night before and possibly Holly could have improved her little slip and gotten better scores. Steve-O/Lacey couldn't do much else to save their routine. It really would have only benefitted Holly, and she needed it.
    I certainly would have been willing to sit through the agony of watching the Steves be dragged around the floor again if it meant Holly (and Dmitry!) could have stayed another week. Although I sort of got the impression that they were not the judges' faves, whereas the judges seem to see some entertainment value in Steve-O which escapes me, so I wonder if they would have received considerably higher scores for a clean performance, like the one on R&K. Oh well, it's all speculation under the bridge.

  10. #230
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,229

    Re: DWTS Media Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3401992;
    Sorry, I really was only looking at the dance since that is my background. I didn't know Karina is getting married or why Woz might be a part of it. Perhaps someone else who saw the segment will recall it. It was purely by chance that I saw it while setting up a new TV this morning.


    Peacheater--hi. You're cetainly entitled to your opinion and your own reasons for watching any show--so this is not a criticism of you or your tastes.

    But the personalities and relationships are a good part of why many people keep coming back to watch the show.




    aAd just so you know--Karina is marrying Maks--see how interesting those relationship can be?

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.