+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Julianne's beau is also developing a behind-the-scenes about the dance world (or some sort of competitio show-I can't remember exactly). I'm surprised the 3 of them wouldn't have collaborated on the same project, although I know Julianne has been offended when people say she's only going places because of him. So maybe that's why they're doing this differently.

Fascinating. The underbelly being exposed in public always makes for good drama.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

DWTS is being downsized next season.

Elsewhere, Dancing With the Stars’ traditional Tuesday results edition will be folded into the Monday night performance show.
    ABC Fall Schedule 2013 – - TVLine
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

They did this on SYTYCD last season. It sounds confusing - like when do they announce the results, before or after they dance for votes - but, I bet after the first two non result rounds, they'll announce at the beginning of the show so the couple leaving won't have to dance for votes that evening.

I don't know how they are going to do it, but ABC must be tightening the belt on them to take away an hour from another night.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    They did this on SYTYCD last season. It sounds confusing - like when do they announce the results, before or after they dance for votes - but, I bet after the first two non result rounds, they'll announce at the beginning of the show so the couple leaving won't have to dance for votes that evening.

I don't know how they are going to do it, but ABC must be tightening the belt on them to take away an hour from another night.
    That's who did it!!! I was thinking DWTS did this before. I didn't like it on SYTYCD.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

They're retreating from the ongoing battle with The Voice, which was going to be in direct competition with both the Monday and Tuesday shows if they hadn't changed it. It's a survival move.

I wonder how voting will be affected -- all the casual overnight voters will fall by the wayside, leaving only the hardcore fans of each star who will be prepared with their smartphones/devices and PCs during the live show. But it might mean all those "vote for the worst" trolls will give up as well...

I can only imagine how rushed the show is going to seem next year...it's already a circus now.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    They're retreating from the ongoing battle with The Voice, which was going to be in direct competition with both the Monday and Tuesday shows if they hadn't changed it. It's a survival move.

I wonder how voting will be affected -- all the casual overnight voters will fall by the wayside, leaving only the hardcore fans of each star who will be prepared with their smartphones/devices and PCs during the live show. But it might mean all those "vote for the worst" trolls will give up as well...

I can only imagine how rushed the show is going to seem next year...it's already a circus now.
    Is it next year? I thought they said there will be show in the fall.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

It doesn't seem appealing to me. Why don't they make the show better by getting new judges, instead of trying other stuff that is not good for the viewer?
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    That's who did it!!! I was thinking DWTS did this before. I didn't like it on SYTYCD.
    Me neither. I quit watching. I'm going to try again if I can catch when it's on but I usually don't like the first tryouts anyway.
    Will you accept my dancing rose bro as an idol?

Isn't one night how they did it the first season with the person voted out told the following week? It seems vaguely familiar.

+ Reply to Thread