+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Here's the line up for tomorrow (not sure of the order yet):

Melissa/Tony (J.R. & Karina's samba to "Conga")
    Kirstie/Maks (Carson & Anna's cha cha to "Moves Like Jagger")
    Shawn & Mark (Helio & Julianne's quickstep to "Hey! Pachuco!")
    Kelly & Val (Laila & Maks paso #2 to "Espana Cani")
    Sabrina/Louis (Mel & Maks paso #1 to "Free Your Mind")
    Bristol/Mark (Joanna/Derek's futuristic paso to "Living on the Video")
    Drew & Anna (Joey & Ashly's cha cha to "Crazy Right Now")
    Gilles & Peta (Erin & Maks tango to "Sweet Dreams Are Made of This")
    Helio & Chelsie (Apolo & Julianne's quickstep #2 to "Mr. Pinstripe Suit")
    Emmitt & Cheryl (Mario & Karina's paso to "Cancion del Mariachi")
    Apolo & Karina (Gilles & Cheryl's foxtrot to "Fever")

I think some stars are going to have an advantage with their dances, others not so much. I hope their isn't a double standardwhen it comes to judging this week, where some clebs get away with less dancing, more prop use, and other don't. Some are going to have fun, fast, high energy dances that are going to be memorable, but others are likely going to be forgotten by the end of the night. Already I'm worried about Kelly/Val; since that song has been used repeatedly as a paso song, I figured they'd be getting their first paso song. Some of these don't seem so much iconic as 'these are the only songs we could get rights to again'. One of many reasons I wish they'd do away with theme weeks. And it figures one of my least favorite contestants this season is re-dancing to one of my all time favorite dances I bet the 10s will be coming out for that. I wonder if we'll hear any 'better than the original' from the 3 stooges.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Here's the line up for tomorrow (not sure of the order yet):

Melissa/Tony (J.R. & Karina's samba to "Conga")
    Kirstie/Maks (Carson & Anna's cha cha to "Moves Like Jagger")
    Shawn & Mark (Helio & Julianne's quickstep to "Hey! Pachuco!")
    Kelly & Val (Laila & Maks paso #2 to "Espana Cani")
    Sabrina/Louis (Mel & Maks paso #1 to "Free Your Mind")
    Bristol/Mark (Joanna/Derek's futuristic paso to "Living on the Video")
    Drew & Anna (Joey & Ashly's cha cha to "Crazy Right Now")
    Gilles & Peta (Erin & Maks tango to "Sweet Dreams Are Made of This")
    Helio & Chelsie (Apolo & Julianne's quickstep #2 to "Mr. Pinstripe Suit")
    Emmitt & Cheryl (Mario & Karina's paso to "Cancion del Mariachi")
    Apolo & Karina (Gilles & Cheryl's foxtrot to "Fever")

I think some stars are going to have an advantage with their dances, others not so much. I hope their isn't a double standardwhen it comes to judging this week, where some clebs get away with less dancing, more prop use, and other don't. Some are going to have fun, fast, high energy dances that are going to be memorable, but others are likely going to be forgotten by the end of the night. Already I'm worried about Kelly/Val; since that song has been used repeatedly as a paso song, I figured they'd be getting their first paso song. Some of these don't seem so much iconic as 'these are the only songs we could get rights to again'. One of many reasons I wish they'd do away with theme weeks. And it figures one of my least favorite contestants this season is re-dancing to one of my all time favorite dances I bet the 10s will be coming out for that. I wonder if we'll hear any 'better than the original' from the 3 stooges.
    I think I'm willing to wager a substantial amount I know which one that is, Karalott.
    karalott likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I think I'm willing to wager a substantial amount I know which one that is, Karalott.
    Yeah, I didn't want to name any particular person, but...yeah, some dances will never come close to the original, especially when the original involved wearing leather. If any of the judges even dare to go there, I'll be throwing things at the TV (or computer, since I'll be following along online at work).

And according to that particular pros celeb, he'll be doing the Jagger moves during their dance this week. No word on what she'll be doing, but I certainly know what I would be as he shakes his stuff

Kind of a crap shoot who will get the boot this week. I think with the double elimination, there will be a predictable boot, then a surprise boot (my guess is Drew, Bristol, or Kelly as the predictable eliminee-hopefully Bristol). Surprise my guess would be Melissa.

FORT Fogey

Yeah, I didn't want to name any particular person, but...yeah, some dances will never come close to the original, especially when the original involved wearing leather. If any of the judges even dare to go there, I'll be throwing things at the TV (or computer, since I'll be following along online at work).

And according to that particular pros celeb, he'll be doing the Jagger moves during their dance this week. No word on what she'll be doing, but I certainly know what I would be as he shakes his stuff

Kind of a crap shoot who will get the boot this week. I think with the double elimination, there will be a predictable boot, then a surprise boot (my guess is Drew, Bristol, or Kelly as the predictable eliminee-hopefully Bristol). Surprise my guess would be Melissa.
    My guess is that it just somehow ends up being one lady and one man. The way that Brook words it (paraphrasing) that anyone can go - even the couple with the top scores - leaves it open for any couple in the field to be eliminated even if it is "shocking". Therefore, having prepped the audience about its "voting responsibility" with that warning throughout the talks with the couples, I think we will just happen to see one celeb of each gender be eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    My guess is that it just somehow ends up being one lady and one man. The way that Brook words it (paraphrasing) that anyone can go - even the couple with the top scores - leaves it open for any couple in the field to be eliminated even if it is "shocking". Therefore, having prepped the audience about its "voting responsibility" with that warning throughout the talks with the couples, I think we will just happen to see one celeb of each gender be eliminated.
    I'm sure this season they'll make any elimination shocking, for whatever reason, no matter who it is. I think they even tried to spin Pam's to be somewhat shocking. And, of course, everyone but Sabrina has finished in the finals, so they'll definitely spin that-especially as they've been doing having 2 winners in the bottom 2 the last 2 weeks. I won't be surprised if it's a guy and girl leaving, either. I just hope we don't have to wait until the end for both eliminations. Usually in double eliminations weeks they space them out.

The order for tonight:

1st: Drew/Anna
    2nd: Gilles/Peta
    3rd: Melissa/Tony
    4th: Apolo/Karina
    5th: Kelly/Val
    6th: Kirstie/Maks
    7th: Sabrina/Louis
    8th: Emmitt/Cheryl
    9th: Helio/Chelsie
    10th:
    11th:

Unknown Shawn/Derek and Bristol/Mark. Maybe the celebs do have complete creative control, because supposedly she and Mark duke it out during rehearsals tonight.

I'm sticking with Drew being a boot this week, possibly Kelly as the girl. I hate to think it, but I'll worry about Kirstie, too. I think Melissa could possibly be vulnerable as well.

Didn't see this coming at all

Dancing with the Stars: Pros Anna Trebunskaya and Jonathan Roberts to Divorce : People.com

Dancing with the Stars professional dancers Anna Trebunskaya and Jonathan Roberts have decided to end their nine-year marriage, they tell PEOPLE exclusively.

"We have enjoyed more than a decade of a very loving, loyal and happy relationship, but after much soul searching, we have decided to end our marriage. We are committed to staying friends and dance partners. We have immense respect for each other as people and performers,” the pair said in a joint statement Wednesday.

Earlier this month Trebunskaya, 31, and her partner, singer Drew Lachey, were eliminated from season 15 of the All-Stars edition of the ABC reality ballroom dancing show.

Roberts, 38, competed on seven seasons of Dancing, most famously paired with Marie Osmond and Paul McCartney’s ex-wife Heather Mills.

FORT Fan

I just read an article about how common it is for pros and dancers to get together because they spend so much time together, one-on-one. A "source" was quoted as saying Shawn and Mark had a nasty breakup after she won the mirrorball trophy and that's why they couldn't be paired together this season. Really???

very sad news

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz View Post
    I just read an article about how common it is for pros and dancers to get together because they spend so much time together, one-on-one. A "source" was quoted as saying Shawn and Mark had a nasty breakup after she won the mirrorball trophy and that's why they couldn't be paired together this season. Really???
    I don't know about that - last week he was screaming "that's my girl" while Derek and Shawn were dancing
    maude~flanders likes this.

It saddens me that so many people give up so easily in a marriage. I know I don't know details but it is more common to divorce these days instead of working on a marriage.
    karalott and nanarama like this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread