+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: DWTS Media Thread

That's really early for a cast announcement. Especially since the show doesn't debut until September! I wonder if they're afraid of the cast leaking out way ahead of time.

I wouldn't be at all surprised (or disappointed) for Carson to return. Meh to Tia and Dmitry, if that has anything to do with them possibly being on AS. Hopefully they give Dmitry a partner with personality so he doesn't fade into the woodwork for me if he's back.

ABC is saying that Season 15 will be the "biggest" show ever. They had 14 couples once - surely there won't be more than that!

I love Dmitry but wish he wasn't so awkward when it comes to talking. Someone who saw the show in Vegas said he was similar - said nothing - faded into the background, while Lacey was a firecracker and Tristan was very interactive and always cheering everyone on. But I sure do like looking at Dmitry - and they did bring him back for Season 12, despite his missing the two previous seasons, so maybe they'll put him back on the show (or maybe he'll stay in Vegas if they bring that back like Robin Leach said they would in Sept.)

Speaking of Vegas, the Tropicana says that Louis van Amstel will be appearing in DWTS-LV from the 19th to the 29th of July.

Tom Bergeron has once again received an Emmy nomination for his hosting talents on this show - let's hope he wins this time. The show also received a nomination as best reality show.

No one has heard anything about possible AS celebs???

EW just posted an article saying "Melissa Rycroft (Season 8), Joey Fatone (Season 4) and Pamela Anderson (Season 10) are likely to don sequins when the show resumes this fall". There will be a twist: "ABC will let fans pick a returning star. The network will announce the names of three former Dancing contestants (we’re hearing Carson Kressley is one of them) and let viewers vote on which celebrity gets the final spot on the show".

The latest rumors are that Derek will retire from the show after the all-star season. The article appeared in USA Today.
    Will Derek Hough retire from 'Dancing With the Stars'?

Well...that sucks.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Well...that sucks.
    Agreed - I think Derek brings a lot to the show.

I heard on the news this morning that ABC was announcing the cast at 10:30 this morning. I haven't seen anything yet. Has anyone else?

ETA: Sorry - I just went to the ABC website and it is 10:30 PST, so 1:30 EST - about 45 minutes away.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    The latest rumors are that Derek will retire from the show after the all-star season. The article appeared in USA Today.
    Will Derek Hough retire from 'Dancing With the Stars'?
    Well I will really miss him .His choreography is so good. But , if he has better things on the horizon. I wish him well
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread