+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Bruno and Carrie-Ann must have been on the Emmy committee that year.
    oh ha ha.

I loved that routine, loved it! each to their own course
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Bruno and Carrie-Ann must have been on the Emmy committee that year.

(I couldn't stand that routine)
    I thought he got the Emmy nod for the jive (which was just as bad, imo). He looked like something out of a Tim Burton movie gone wrong. I remember for their VW, when they played back the backstage footage on result show night, Mark was jumping up and down backstage like a happy little troll, as Chelsea seemed uncomfortable with the risk taking (but according to Mark, they weren't taking a risk, even though I never remember the worm being part of a VW). Which again goes to show CA and Bruno can't be consistant. The previous week, they didn't like his jive because it wasn't a jive. Then he does what wasn't a technical VW according to ballroom expert Len, but CA and Bruno loved it. Must be theu were told by TPTB to cool the hate. If Derek had been on season 12, I don't think it would have been as kind to Mark
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    He was called out for that Harry Potter dance by Len, but he still scored them pretty high anyways.
    True that.

He was (Thanks!), and I stand corrected on the point of Mark NEVER being called out for out-of-the ballroom choreography foolishness.

But Len still scored him pretty high for that.

Talking out of both sides of his mouth, again.
    karalott and jucamer like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Living View Post
    Maks must be delusional. That the producers of DWTS will discuss with the pros their intentions and plans and get input! They decide and if they ask you to sign on, you get to say yes or no. That's it. Like the CEO's of our places of business informs us of the direction they want to take the company and we have input. You want your job stay, if not, get another job. That's it. unless you are the CEO which Maks is not.
    Oh he's not delusional - Maks was right - this IS his show. Most of the cast is replacable - If Derek or Mark left - I think the show would be fine. If Maks left, the show would be history!! He lives what he believes! I would NEVER watch again if he left!
    anemone and PA Snow Bunny like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Living View Post
    Maks must be delusional. That the producers of DWTS will discuss with the pros their intentions and plans and get input! They decide and if they ask you to sign on, you get to say yes or no. That's it. Like the CEO's of our places of business informs us of the direction they want to take the company and we have input. You want your job stay, if not, get another job. That's it. unless you are the CEO which Maks is not.
    That's they way I look at it.It's a job- just like we all have.You abide by their rules
    ilja likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Oh he's not delusional - Maks was right - this IS his show. Most of the cast is replacable - If Derek or Mark left - I think the show would be fine. If Maks left, the show would be history!! He lives what he believes! I would NEVER watch again if he left!
    The show would survive if they got rid of the all the pros, Brooke, the judges, the splashy gimmicks, stuck to traditional ballroom where Bollywood doesn't qualify as a samba (even if I found it enjoyable), and the 'best band in the business. If Tom left, it might be history Even Tom doesn't seem himself anymore, not as quick with the witty one liners or making awkward moments not so awkward. More like just acknowledging the tension in the room and pointing the audience that's made to boo, and moving along. I wouldn't enjoy the show nearly as much if I had to watch Derek, Mark, Cheryl, and the camera mugging troupe member Henry. Especially if they get good partners that take them to the end next season. I'm over the whole 'how many times can a particular pro win in a row or in a series'. It's all a popularity competition, with the pros, celebs, judges, and so on. I watched a clip of CA on GMA the other day, and while she had good things to say about all the celebs, she seems to be going for a William win. I also noticed she brought up that all the judges are trained in different areas of dance, so they all bring something different from each other to the competition. CA doesn't bring a heck of a lot, but it made me wonder if anything about her lack of judging creditals were getting to her. She seems to take a lot of heat on twitter, and I don't think it's just sour grapes. Me? Sometimes I'm glad my favorite pros aren't seen as the popular golden ones that get catered to by the judges and win season after season, despite who their celeb is. Wonder if Katherine's back will better so she and Mark can try and out jump each other and pretend to be in shock if they win next week (hoping not, but I'm realistic). I don't think Maks brought up a bad point in his blog. He just thinks it's a nice idea to be informed and not have things throw at them at the last minute. I'm actually surprised the producers don't take more input from the pros or let them know way in advance what to expect so they can prepare their celebs. Like last week, it was in the press release there was a relay dance that was supposed to take place. But it didn't, but imagine practicing all week for that, on top of your other 2 dances, and taking time out you could have devoted to them, and then being told at the last minute 'never mind, not happening'. It's not fair to the celebs or pros. Just like the dance duel; why be picky about what seasons to feature it? CA said it was because of the fans that they added it, but it's been 5 seasons since they did it before.

Anyway, onto next week, and then this season is done. I wish I could look forward to the fall, but I'm not pinning my hopes on AS being that good. We'll see. But, for next week, on the agenda (unless they change their mind): the freestyle (I hear Cheryl is choreographing a latin number for William. Don't blow it, Cheryl), and then a judges choice and a repeat dance they did before. Something like that anyway:

ABC Medianet

In the final one-hour performance show on MONDAY, MAY 21 (8:00-9:01 p.m., ET), each of the couples will compete in two dances. All three couples will have the chance to show their improvement over the course of the season, performing a dance chosen by the judges that they have previously performed, but will be able to incorporate new music and new choreography. Each couple will also perform the unpredictable and always entertaining no rules Freestyle dance to music they have chosen themselves.
    And in the final element of the competition on Tuesday, the three finalists perform a new routine in our "24 Hour Challenge" - in which they will have had 24 hours to pair their dance style of choice to music given to them after Monday night's show. This routine will be scored out of 30 and will round out the judges' scores across both nights.

And in the final element of the competition on Tuesday, the three finalists perform a new routine in our "24 Hour Challenge" - in which they will have had 24 hours to pair their dance style of choice to music given to them after Monday night's show. This routine will be scored out of 30 and will round out the judges' scores across both nights.
    They did it again. They threw a "quickie" challenge into the finals! Why do they want the couples' last dance to be a half-assed one? Why can't the finalists get to catch a breath, and work on all their final dances for the whole week? It just kills me when any dance that's part of the finals looks thrown together or less than polished. This is when they should look their absolute best.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

They did it again. They threw a "quickie" challenge into the finals! Why do they want the couples' last dance to be a half-assed one? Why can't the finalists get to catch a breath, and work on all their final dances for the whole week? It just kills me when any dance that's part of the finals looks thrown together or less than polished. This is when they should look their absolute best.
    Basically the insta-dance except instead of 20 minutes they get 24 hours. Because it's the 'best, most competitive, closest season ever', and whoever writes those memos always makes it sound like it's such a huge deal that'll leave the viewers on the edge of their seats and wondering how they'll pull it off, when in reality it makes the viewers groan, makes for weaker dancing overall, and makes the judges more cranky and the couples more frustrated because they had so much to learn, so little time, and the judges and show play up all the so-called pressure. I think that's why I gave up caring about the best dancer and those who take it too seriously Maybe we should take bets how many times Tom will say 'the freestyle has often been the deciding dance between victory and defeat'. I think it's one of the most overrated rounds and that people already have their mind made up. Unless it really is a tight race like it was between Shawn and Gilles, but somehow I don't think the voting is that close with this group. Mark and Cheryl have had many, many seasons in the finals, but I haven't been impressed with any of their recent freestyles. Peta is a newbie so if hers bombs I'll give her a pass, she hasn't had as much experience.

For tomorrow, I don't know what Katherine's judges choice dance is, but William has the cha-cha and Donald the AT. William is first (it took all season but two weeks in a row he's going first), Katherine second, and Donald third. Karina tweeted she saw Katherine and Mark's freestyle and thought it was "hot". Me, I'm thinking it'll be another overdancing spectacle, but we'll see, maybe Mark will prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    For tomorrow, I don't know what Katherine's judges choice dance is, but William has the cha-cha and Donald the AT. William is first (it took all season but two weeks in a row he's going first), Katherine second, and Donald third. Karina tweeted she saw Katherine and Mark's freestyle and thought it was "hot". Me, I'm thinking it'll be another overdancing spectacle, but we'll see, maybe Mark will prove me wrong.
    A Mark freestyle: on part MJ, one part street mime, one part electric boogaloo/American Bandstand. If his partner can't keep up, he'll just do it himself while she stands around waving her arms dramatically.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post

According to this article Katherine will be performing the Paso Doble. Dancing with the Stars Season 14 Finale: Judges' Choice

I hope Mark does a traditional Paso and doesn't revert to the stupid martial arts theme he did on rock week. That was an epic fail.

+ Reply to Thread