+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Donald, Peta, and Karina? That's one hot trio. Donald is one lucky guy. Do we know if both dances are in a trio or just one? I would imagine if it's just one dance that these three would dance together for a jive as opposed to the tango.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

I'd love to see Kym with William/Cheryl.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't know about Kym, but Emma is supposedly in a trio as well. It'll really stink for Oksana and Kiki, who've been in the troupe since it started, if newbies who joined last season adn this season are promoted to pros before they are. And, the two that annoy me the least in the troupe, KiKi and Sharna, aren't joining one of the trios. Since I feel like Henry mugs his way through troupe performances and can't locate the cameras fast enough, I wonder if he's with Katherine/Mark.

Updates from Wikipedia on the dances and the 3rd partners:

Couple Balroom Dance Latin Dance Chosen Professional / Troupe Member for Latin dance
    Melissa & Maks Waltz Samba Val Chmerkovskiy
    Donald & Peta Tango Jive Karina Smirnoff
    William & Cheryl Foxtrot Paso Doble Sharna Burgess
    Roshon & Chelsie Foxtrot Paso Doble Kym Johnson
    Katherine & Mark Quickstep Cha-Cha-Cha Tristan MacManus
    Maria & Derek Waltz Samba Tony Dovolani

The matchups all look pretty good to me except that I would have probably swapped Karina and Kym. I think they would match up size-wise better with their partners.

ETA - sorry about the spacing. I tried to space things out like a table so it was readable, but the site edited out the spaces for me.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post

Couple Balroom Dance Latin Dance Chosen Professional / Troupe Member for Latin dance

The matchups all look pretty good to me except that I would have probably swapped Karina and Kym. I think they would match up size-wise better with their partners.

ETA - sorry about the spacing. I tried to space things out like a table so it was readable, but the site edited out the spaces for me.
    Kym is not part of any trio nor is Tristan. From the new DWTS troupe _ Henry Byalikov, Sasha Farber and Emma Slater (not Sharna Burgess) are confirmed to complete the cast. So we'll have 4 males (Tony, Val, Sasha and Henry) and 2 female pros _ Karina and Emma. I believe Tony will perform with William and Cheryl the Paso Doble.

Sharna tweeted last night that she is choreographing a number for or with: Tristan, Val, and Emma Slater. She said it would be on "soon" so it's not clear if it's for next week or not.

Katherine's blog for Parade now indicates that she will be doing a Viennese Waltz instead of a Quickstep for her ballroom dance. Wikipedia (usually pretty reliable) also shows the change. The rest of the information is unchanged.

It turns out that Tristan will be in one of the trios, doing the cha cha with Katherine and Mark. (The trios are only for the Latin dances.) Here's a link to Mark basically confirming it in USA Today:

Mark Ballas' 'DWTS' blog: Double Duty

Anna has tweeted that she will not be in a trio.

I don't know how they fit, but Sasha, Emma, and Henry all seem to be saying the will be in trios as well, along with Tony, Karina and Val. Isn't that too many, now that we have the above scoop from Mark?
    Last edited by Elsa66; 05-04-2012 at 08:40 PM.

I don't get the point of adding a third person to the dance...why can't they just let these people dance without all the gimmicks and themes?!
    karalott, Alexxxx and jucamer like this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

OMG a Chmerkovskiy sandwich.
    Alexxxx likes this.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

+ Reply to Thread