+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Order for tonight so far:

1st: Maria/Derek (foxtrot to Martha Reeves)
    2nd:
    3rd: Roshon/Chelsie
    4th: Katherine/Mark (samba)
    5th: Donald/Peta (foxtrot)
    6th: Melissa/Maks (VW to The Miracles)
    7th:
    8th: William/Cheryl (rumba)

Everyone will have the cha cha marathon dance, where the judges take each couple out until one is left standing (it's probably going to be William or Katherine, outside chance Roshon or Donald, so the other should just draw straws for placements). I don't like the marathon dance, but I like it better than the WTA. At least everyone gets a score.

Unknown is Gladys and Jaleel

No word from any of the couples on a double elimination, so I'm going to guess that you're right Elsa, and someone was misinformed and everyone ran with it (common in this industry for someone to say something and it be turned into something bigger )

Roshon is doing the Rumba to something sung by Smokey Robinson.

Kym tweeted that she couldn't wait for us to see her and Jaleel's Cha Cha.

Melissa's song is "Ooh Baby Baby"

And I sure hope there's no "double elimination" but I guess there will have to be one eventually or we'll have four in the finals (which is fine with me.)
    karalott likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elsa66 View Post
    Roshon is doing the Rumba to something sung by Smokey Robinson.

Kym tweeted that she couldn't wait for us to see her and Jaleel's Cha Cha.

Melissa's song is "Ooh Baby Baby"

And I sure hope there's no "double elimination" but I guess there will have to be one eventually or we'll have four in the finals (which is fine with me.)
    I wouldn't care if they had 4 in the finals, either. If they wanted to change something up I'd go with that option. It's not like they don't have enough time to feature 4 couples. I wouldn't mind a double elimination, I just think it's shady if they have one when originally they didn't mention anything of it as they have in the past. It used to be they put everything out that was happening over the course of the season, including a dance off. And I wouldn't want a double elimination in the weeks where the judges have the final say in a dance off.

Funny that Jaleel had the cha cha last week as the dance off dance, and now it's his dance this week. Anyone know what Gladys has?

- in response to Len's praise for Gladys - "In past weeks, Len's blamed any uncharacteristic behavior on his "happy pills." It seems he's moved on to the hard stuff now".
    karalott and TIA__MA like this.

'Dancing With the Stars' plans All-Star season

Looks like they may find a way to give Sabrina Bryan or some other "robbed, best dancer" their trophy after all:
    Dancing With the Stars' plans All-Star season
    Comments By Ann Oldenburg, USA TODAY Updated 4h 6m ago

Courtney Mazza and Mario Lopez attend the Vanity Fair and Chrysler celebration of The Eva Longoria Foundation on Feb. 23 at Beso Hollywood. CAPTIONBy John Shearer, Getty Images Mario Lopez, guest host on Live! With Kelly today, was chatting away this morning when he casually said he's been asked to be on the next season of Dancing With the Stars.

More: 'Dancing' sends Gladys home

Lopez, who came in second to Emmitt Smith on Dancing in 2006, was lamenting Tuesday night's exit of Gladys Knight.

"I thought she was doing amazing," he said, when he added, "You know what, Kelly? They're doing a Dancing With the Stars: All-Stars this next season. They called me to do it."

ABC hasn't announced the plan yet, although DWTS co-host Brooke Burke-Charvet recently told Rachael Ray she'd love the idea and would want to dance again.

So is the Extra TV host going to compete? "I just don't know how I'd be able to pull it off," he said.

Let the casting begin! Who would you like to see return to the ballroom? Bristol Palin? Jennifer Grey? Metta World Peace?
    So I'd be curious-what if they wanted to bring back, say Lil Kim and Jennifer Grey, who were both partnered with Derek. Does the celeb just get a new pro or would they partner them with their previous pro? Which kind of sucks if you happen to be a celeb whose pro isn't on the show anymore, or that they'd pass up better choices and get mediocre ones just because. I hope Mario is tooting his own horn or is misinformed, because I think an AS edition is a disaster. And please, no Bristol or Kate or Kardashians or any other trainwreck that was cast solely based on controversy.

If they do an All-Stars, they need to 1) avoid any previous winners; 2) avoid the train wrecks who went home first for obvious reasons (like that rado DJ Mike whatshisname); and also keep the polarizing figures to a minimum. The whole cast should be filled with competitors, and the judges should put away their 8-10 paddles for at least the first few weeks.

Thus could be a really good thing, but if the judges don't reboot themselves and keep playing favorites and grading on curves, it could also be really bad...
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 04-25-2012 at 04:16 PM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

I think an all-star season could be fun if it consisted of first or second runners up. I'd love to see Maks with MelB, Gilles (but would he have to be with Cheryl?????,) Evan L with Anna, Joey Fatone with Kym, Tony with Melissa R or Stacy K. and so on. The level of dance would be quite high.
    KatesMom and jucamer like this.

Team dances are this week. The teams are Maria/Roshon/Jaleel/Katherine vs William/Melissa/Donald. Seems a little lopsided, but whatever. No word on the style, although I won't be surprised if one has more of a show stopping style and the other, not so much.

Regarding AS, I'm not entirely against the concept, but I know the producers will find a way to screw it up I think we'll see tongue baths, overscoring, and favoritism reaching record heights. And, I don't think TPTB will stray from casting any lead footed clunkers or controversial contestants. Plus, I don't want to see the begging and then the whining from contestants who want to participate but then aren't picked. Strictly does a Christmas special, in the past anyway, where they took previous contestants and just did a one night show. They picked a winner and everything. I wouldn't mind TPTB doing that, but not an entire season.

I don't want to see any of them again.I don't like it when shows do this Big Brother, Survivor, now DWTS I don't need to see the same people dance again( jmho)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread