+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    But it's like viewers & the media get amnesia before every season. There have never been big, current, A-list Hollywood stars on the show. The reason they can't or won't do it is that they're too busy being A-list stars to take 4 months off to commit to the show.
    Did they have bigger start at the beginning? I don't remember myself
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Not really. You can look over the list of stars by season in our Pro/Contestant List thread and decide if any of them are A-list.

A lot of them were A-list in the past but not at the time they did the show. Which is fine with me, a star is a star.
    BTW, karalott, Florimel and 1 others like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Not really. You can look over the list of stars by season in our Pro/Contestant List thread and decide if any of them are A-list.

A lot of them were A-list in the past but not at the time they did the show. Which is fine with me, a star is a star.
    Thats a great list! I was looking on Wiki season by season. No, there are no big stars there. Nothing has changed .Maybe people think stars when they see the title .THis show its fine by me .I tune in for the dancing, and I can chat to my GF's about it, we like that there is seldom any drama on this particular show, its not needed

Thanks for the link
    -Andy Rooney-

Great quote from a TV Guide article linked here: Dancing With the Stars: Surprisingly Tough Class - seattlepi.com

After the show, the buzz among staffers was about how this was a completely different bunch from last season: No divas, no drama, no reality stars, no nonsense. "These are pros," said one staffer. "They know what it means to work for a living, and they're here because they really want to learn how to dance, not because some manager told them they needed to do it for their career."
    Please keep it up ABC. This is what we want in a cast for this show.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    Great quote from a TV Guide article linked here: Dancing With the Stars: Surprisingly Tough Class - seattlepi.com

Please keep it up ABC. This is what we want in a cast for this show.
    That is good to read, and its nice it took the pros by surprise!!
    -Andy Rooney-

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

So next week is sob story/greatest moment in my life up until this point/some other story week. I was hoping they got rid of this theme. The show seems afraid to mess with its stale format, except by creating a new stage. Anyway, I heard the celebs are allowed to choose their own dance style, but I'm not sure if that's the case; like last season, there's a heck of a lot of rumbas, and then everyone else gets an entirely different dance from each other. Since I dislike the rumba and story weel, it'll be a long night. Even though I get to FF all the filler I don't care about. Anyway, here's the dance line up so far:

Rumba: Maria, Donald, Jaleel, Sherri
    Samba: Jack (I don't know if this will be good, dance wise, but probably a lot of fun)
    Salsa: William (definitely FF through the 3 stooges and audience segment; kind of odd William said he knew the salsa better than the cha cha, and after several seasons, we get the salsa back )
    Waltz: Katherine

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    So next week is sob story/greatest moment in my life up until this point/some other story week. I was hoping they got rid of this theme. The show seems afraid to mess with its stale format, except by creating a new stage. Anyway, I heard the celebs are allowed to choose their own dance style, but I'm not sure if that's the case; like last season, there's a heck of a lot of rumbas, and then everyone else gets an entirely different dance from each other. Since I dislike the rumba and story weel, it'll be a long night. Even though I get to FF all the filler I don't care about. Anyway, here's the dance line up so far:

Rumba: Maria, Donald, Jaleel, Sherri
    Samba: Jack (I don't know if this will be good, dance wise, but probably a lot of fun)
    Salsa: William (definitely FF through the 3 stooges and audience segment; kind of odd William said he knew the salsa better than the cha cha, and after several seasons, we get the salsa back )
    Waltz: Katherine
    Found this info on Wikipedia:

Gavin & Karina - Rumba
    Donald & Peta - Rumba
    Roshon & Chelsie - Samba
    Melissa & Maks - ?
    Katherine & Mark - Waltz
    Gladys & Tristan - Foxtrot
    William & Cheryl - Salsa
    Maria & Derek - Rumba
    Sherri & Val - Rumba
    Jack & Anna - Samba
    Jaleel & Kym - Rumba

Looks like we got a whole lotta Rumba going on. I may be doing a whole lotta fast forwarding through this episode.
    Last edited by DancingDad; 03-28-2012 at 09:30 PM.
    karalott likes this.

This is my first season watching. I don't get the personal-story angle--do they do a dance in the form of a little play or something? Sounds pretty goofy if so.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by lizardcat View Post
    This is my first season watching. I don't get the personal-story angle--do they do a dance in the form of a little play or something? Sounds pretty goofy if so.
    Well, not exactly, but I guess they're supposed to interpret some personal story line in there. Last season, for an example, Ricki Lake told about her re-marriage and previous house fire; J.R. Martinez, about war veterans; Kristin Cavallari about forgoing college and moving to Hollywood. In previous seasons, celebs told a story based on the song/dance they got, even if it wasn't anything related to them personally. There will probably be props and messing about galore. J.R. was probably the only one who you could really feel and tell what he was trying to do, but given the story line and the fact he was a war veteran, it was kind of hard to ignore the obvious. Everyone else was just another dance.

I'm with you DancingDad; a whole lot of FF for me, too. I just dislike the rumba, and hate that so many of them are doing it on a night like that.

I think some of the celebs will benefit from the rumba, since all they can do if they can't dance is stand there and do minimal movements while their partners dance around them. Jack is the one I worry about the most, dance wise. Hopefully Melissa gets a good pick this week.

Looks like we got a whole lotta Rumba going on. I may be doing a whole lotta fast forwarding through this episode.
    I think they should have done this before the jive.

Melissa & Maks - ?
    I dont care . LOL sorry Dancing Dad I couldn't resist

Depends on the choreographer, some of them are pretty good ( some)
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread