+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Re: DWTS Media Thread

I knew things were too good.

Way to ruin a season before it starts, ABC.

I long for the day when Bachelor is canceled. What an awful, awful show.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

So much for a good season. It bothers me more that the show isn't disputing it. I guess they figure they need controversy this season I guess we know who will be the most overscored and overpraised contestant this season. Hopefully she's a bust and is voted out early (assuming she really is a contestant). If the bachelor edited her so badly, why do they care if her reputation is in shambles? I guess they care more about their bad press, so-called missed opportunities, and reputations than they'll let on. Do people really like this girl? Seems like everywhere I've read, people hate her.

The Bachelor is a joke. Other reality shows have a better track at people hooking up and staying together. I pity her partner. Hopefully she's not a contestant. I can't wait for the day for that miserable show to go off the air.
    DancingDad likes this.

Did a little quick news search. Seems that there may be a cheating scandal brewing with Sheri Shepard. See link here:Sherri Shepherd Denies Cheating On 'Dancing With The Stars' | Fox News.

I don't know if there is any truth to the rumor or not, but if there is a scandal they may be looking for a quick replacement. We all know where they go for those. So much for a reality star free season. I don't watch the bachelor because I don't respect any of the famew.....s that would stoop so low as to go on a show with that premise. The contestants that have come here from that show have done nothing to change my opinion. I hope that poor Val is not subjected to this fate. He doesn't deserve it (no one does).

I skipped this Bachelor season, but if you watched any TV or shopped in any supermarket or Walmart you know who Courtney is & waaaay too much about her. You couldn't avoid it. I DO NOT WANT HER ON DWTS.
    I don't want any Reality TV people on DWTS. I don't watch their shows. I don't get most of their channels. Most of them I don't know except for what you can't avoid seeing, which is usually bad. But this is ABC, unfortunately good old Courtney has been promoted all over their network.
    It's one thing to put someone who was/is well loved by the viewers, but most aren't. I hate stunt casting just for controversial villian types on DWTS. Keep that type on the shows they came off of. If I wanted to watch that type, I'd have watched this season of the Bachelor.

This is the first season in a while that I was looking forward to the cast. Now, not so much. I may give myself 2 nights a week of free time again.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    Did a little quick news search. Seems that there may be a cheating scandal brewing with Sheri Shepard. See link here:Sherri Shepherd Denies Cheating On 'Dancing With The Stars' | Fox News.

I don't know if there is any truth to the rumor or not, but if there is a scandal they may be looking for a quick replacement. We all know where they go for those. So much for a reality star free season. I don't watch the bachelor because I don't respect any of the famew.....s that would stoop so low as to go on a show with that premise. The contestants that have come here from that show have done nothing to change my opinion. I hope that poor Val is not subjected to this fate. He doesn't deserve it (no one does).
    Ooohhh! That would be scandalous, swapping in the much maligned Courtney for Sherri Shepherd! Seriously.

I had read the Courtney article yesterday and thought NO WAY! She was "the woman America loved to hate" per Chris Harrison. Melissa was a little different because she got her widdle heart broken on TV, people felt sorry for her/pitied her. Courtney was portrayed as a manipulative, scheming mean girl. She'd last one week. People who don't watch the Bachelor couldn't care less who she is, Bachelor fans (except a few) wouldn't be voting for her.

Kara, is Dimitry tall enough? Or another guy in the troupe? If they really were to cast her, which I doubt, they could find someone.

Personally, I think that Courtney is being used by the ABC publicity machine. People will be watching the premiere episode to find out whether she is on or not.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Well Jake was on there, but then he was sooooo in love

I think she will be in the audience but god knows why.They said DWTS needs drama, no it does not.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    Courtney posted on her FB page about DWTS ... saying we will have to wait until March 19th to see.

Hmm.

OMG! You all know how much I love Maks and this show but - I WILL NOT WATCH IF THAT BEYOTCH IS ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really think it would be a BIG mistake for them to bring her on. She is an ugly and vile person and most of the Bachelor viewers hated her. Big mistake - big big mistake!!!!
    AZChristian likes this.

Good grief, not Melissa Rycroft 2.0! Just when I thought we would finally have a reality-free DWTS. I do not like Sherri Shepherd, but at least she has the creditials of a successful comedian and actress. If this turns out to be fact, I will be watching with remote in hand and sympathy for whichever pro would be her partner.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Good grief, not Melissa Rycroft 2.0! Just when I thought we would finally have a reality-free DWTS. I do not like Sherri Shepherd, but at least she has the creditials of a successful comedian and actress. If this turns out to be fact, I will be watching with remote in hand and sympathy for whichever pro would be her partner.
    I dont see it, the rumor mill is working overtime. I didnt mind Melissa, I hated Jake( hated him) So whey does DWTS do this .And why would MAKS be dancing with Sherry!??? ugh
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Ooohhh! That would be scandalous, swapping in the much maligned Courtney for Sherri Shepherd! Seriously.

I had read the Courtney article yesterday and thought NO WAY! She was "the woman America loved to hate" per Chris Harrison. Melissa was a little different because she got her widdle heart broken on TV, people felt sorry for her/pitied her. Courtney was portrayed as a manipulative, scheming mean girl. She'd last one week. People who don't watch the Bachelor couldn't care less who she is, Bachelor fans (except a few) wouldn't be voting for her.

Kara, is Dimitry tall enough? Or another guy in the troupe? If they really were to cast her, which I doubt, they could find someone.

Personally, I think that Courtney is being used by the ABC publicity machine. People will be watching the premiere episode to find out whether she is on or not.
    Well, here's the latest: Courtney will not be joining the show. So stay tuned!

What bothers me is 'you have to tune in on the 19th' comments coming from her and ABC. Why not just deny it upfront and say 'hey, guess what, we announced out cast weeks ago'. What's funny about Dmitry is that he claimed he was supposed to take part this season, but his partner wound up dropping out. In the past, celebs come and go before anything's official, and usually they get a pro lined up for them. So if they wanted Dmitry back bad enough, why not just partner him with someone else? There was speculation that TPTB planned on having Courtney or one of the other bachelor girls on the show, and that they backed out due to the publicity of the show (if Courtney is as bad as I've read, I guess even bad publicity was too much for her). Also, I think there's a difference between "love to hate" and just plain hate. It seems the sentiment about Courtney falls into the latter. Dmitry is one of the tallest, if not the tallest, male pros, so I think he could partner Courtney. The troupe is all on the shorter side, so I don't think any of them would work. There seems to be very little buzz about this season; this so-called "cheating" controversy about Sherri and Val in the days leading up to the premiere is the best they can do. Maybe they'll just let the Courtney rumor run and pretend she's being added, then have Tom drop some other bombshell that isn't quite as controversial or noteworthy.

+ Reply to Thread