+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

FORT Fogey

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Obviously she keeps picking men that are not husband material, or she has to reevaluate herself because getting engaged over and over and than breaking them is making her look badly to me.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Congrats to J.R.! He'll no doubt be an amazing inspiration and father to his child (and future children, if they have more).

J.R. Martinez Is Going to Be a Dad - Babies, Dancing With the Stars, J.R. Martinez : People.com
    J.R. Martinez Is Going to Be a Dad
    By Monica Rizzo
    Saturday December 17, 2011 12:00 PM EST

He nabbed a mirror ball trophy on Dancing With the Stars last month, but the biggest and best prize is yet to come. J.R. Martinez tells PEOPLE exclusively that he and girlfriend Diana Gonzalez-Jones are expecting their first child next spring.

"We found out just last week it's a girl and we are over the moon," Martinez, 28, says. "Diana has a little baby bump now and it's the cutest thing ever. With the holidays coming up, this is the biggest and best gift we could get."

The Iraq war vet and Gonzalez-Jones met when he landed a role on All My Children in 2008. At the time, she was working as an assistant to the soap's executive producer. The two became close friends, but it wasn't until last year that the pair decided to take their friendship to the next level.

"We were so good as friends that romantically, we just clicked right away. There was no adjustment period," Gonzalez-Jones told PEOPLE earlier this year.

Impending fatherhood "is sinking in" Martinez says, admitting that he can't believe all of the good things that have happened in the past year.

"2011 has been full of a lot of surprises and opportunities and ultimately, a lot of blessings," says Martinez. "Diana and I were just asking ourselves, 'How is 2012 going to top 2011?' Well, we have our answer!"
    On the subject of broken engagements (and I realize the source, so take it for what it's worth):

CHAZ'S MARRIAGE IS OFF! - The National Enquirer

CHAZ'S MARRIAGE IS OFF!
    -A
    +APublished on: December 16, 2011
    Photography by: Russ Einhorn / Splash News
    CHAZ BONO's wedding plans are off, and he's on the prowl for a new partner!

Although he popped the question to girlfriend Jennifer Elia two years ago, and presented her with a ring on his reality TV show "Being Chaz," the couple's romance is kaput, sources say.

"Chaz is totally over the relationship," divulged an insider. "His parting shot to Jen made her realize there was no turning back. He told her, 'I can do better than you.' He wanted someone who could ride the wave of success with him but found Jen too much of a downer.

"Chaz is already on the lookout for someone new and made it clear to Jen. He told her, 'I've tried, but you just aren't right for me. I've got to move on.'"

Chaz — born Chastity Bono, the daughter of Cher and the late Sonny Bono — was with Jennifer, 36, for six years. But sources say their relationship began to suffer after Chaz underwent gender reassignment surgery in 2009.

To make matters worse, Jennifer is unemployed while Chaz, 42, has become a media darling thanks to his recent stint on "Dancing with the Stars."

"Jen constantly gripes about not being able to find a job and her lack of money," the insider confided. "She nags at Chaz about his weight and for the last few months her insomnia has been so bad that they don't even sleep together."

But the couple's biggest problem was Jen's booze relapse, said the source. "When she drinks, Jen becomes a completely different person," explained the source. "Chaz just can't handle her then."
    Last edited by karalott; 12-17-2011 at 07:54 PM.

Looks like we'll probably be seeing Tristan next season, given all the positive publicity he's gotten. Had no idea he and Kym were dating.

DWTS' Tristan MacManus Named One of TV Guide's Breakout Stars of 2011 - Dancing With The Stars

DWTS' Tristan MacManus Named One of TV Guide's Breakout Stars of 2011
    about 2 hours ago by Gina Carbone

Everyone loves Irish "Lucky Charm" Tristan MacManus. The Dancing With the Stars pro was our fake boyfriend for fall’s Season 13 and even though he seems to have moved on from us to fellow pro Kym Johnson, we still gave him our Best Newcomer award for his debut season.

TV Guide has also named Tristan one of the Breakout Stars of 2011. Here's what they wrote about the Irish lad:

"It's only fitting that Dancing added a lucky charm in Season 13. As the two other new pros fell by the wayside in the first two weeks, Tristan took Nancy Grace all the way to the quarterfinals, charming the pants off us with his wit, Irish brogue and boyishly handsome looks, all the while doing what seemed to be impossible: bringing out Grace's sexy and funny sides. And hey, it's not every day that a pro, much less a new one, gets to be the focus of a DanceCenter ad."

Watch that DanceCenter spoof here. They say the “turd” time’s the charm, but we hope Tristan makes it all the way to the finals on his second season of DWTS.

Karalott, FWIW, People.com has confirmed that Chaz Bono's engagement is off as well. I don't know how to post links or I would, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Karalott, FWIW, People.com has confirmed that Chaz Bono's engagement is off as well. I don't know how to post links or I would, sorry.
    I ended up seeing that after I posted my link. I had seen several other sites reporting it, but not sure if it was legit at the time or one site posted it and the rest just copied. I know another poster (Tilden) commented that his girlfriend hadn't looked thrilled at the engagement when he proposed.

And anyone wondering what Karina would have looked like as a bride to Brad Penny, before she knew this engagement was over, she went on Say Yes to the Dress. The episode is airing this Friday on TLC. Here's a sneak preview:

Say Yes to the Dress Atlanta - Season 2 Brides : Videos : TLC

The Clicker - McCarthy disses quality of 'Dancing' stars

While I agree with her, pot meet kettle. It's not like she's an A-lister either.

The Clicker - It's a 'Dancing With the Stars' reunion!

Quote Originally Posted by TIA__MA View Post
    The Clicker - McCarthy disses quality of 'Dancing' stars

While I agree with her, pot meet kettle. It's not like she's an A-lister either.

The Clicker - It's a 'Dancing With the Stars' reunion!
    While she's probably more recognizable than Elisabetta (and accomplished more), I couldn't name anything specific Jenny has done, other than worked on MTV, is an autism activist, and dated Jim Carrey. I think if Elisabetta is the closest to casting Clooney the show would get, casting Jenny is the closest they'd get to casting Jim. I don't consider her A-list, either. And, if they could get true A-listers, something tells me she wouldn't be on the list.

Agreed. It's totally about perception. If Jenny were in a group comparable to the season that just ended, she might be considered one of the top "stars." If she were in a group comprised of genuine A-listers, people would be wondering what she was doing there. Jenny in a group of A-listers = Elisabetta in a group of D-listers (or whatever letter of the alphabet you want to use). Granted this past season was my first watching, I've been vaguely aware of who has been on in the past and it seems like they are for the most part (but not entirely) either people getting a start on a career in the entertainment industry or those whose careers are in a decline. If one was a genuine A-lister, they probably wouldn't be on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by TIA__MA View Post
    Agreed. It's totally about perception. If Jenny were in a group comparable to the season that just ended, she might be considered one of the top "stars." If she were in a group comprised of genuine A-listers, people would be wondering what she was doing there. Jenny in a group of A-listers = Elisabetta in a group of D-listers (or whatever letter of the alphabet you want to use). Granted this past season was my first watching, I've been vaguely aware of who has been on in the past and it seems like they are for the most part (but not entirely) either people getting a start on a career in the entertainment industry or those whose careers are in a decline. If one was a genuine A-lister, they probably wouldn't be on this show.
    Jenny probably would have seemed A-list in this year's group, as David was probably the only true A-lister. I do think David, Hope, and Nancy were the biggest stars in their respective fields. I've said before that some of these people, back when they were famous and had a TV show, were movie darlings, or part of a girl/boy band, likely would have turned the show down in a heart beat (I couldn't see Mel B or Joey Fatone doing this in their hey day). I think the show has managed to get some people who are more or less legit stars and A-listers by this show's standards. I just hope they look to season 12 and realized they don't need freaking politicians or stunt casting for high ratings. Or drama and bad editing.

If anyone missed Karina on Say Yes to the Dress (she's pretty, but that was awkward):

Karina Smirnoff "Says Yes To The Dress" - Video Dailymotion

And two others who turned DWTS down (but didn't complain about the lack of A-listers and saying they wouldn't do it as a result):

Cruz turns down 'Dancing With The Stars' - Giants Blog - ESPN New York

Victor Cruz may do his famous "Silk City Salsa" if he scores a touchdown in Sunday's NFC wild-card playoff game against Atlanta, but he won't be "Dancing With The Stars."

Cruz's agent received an official letter two days ago, asking the Giants wide receiver to participate in the hit television show. Cruz turned down the invitation.

"I just wanna be focused on football and what's to come," Cruz said Friday. "I'm just not at the point in my career where I feel like I need to do that."

Cruz, 25, didn't rule out participating in the future.

"Maybe in a couple years down the line, if it ever comes back up," he said.

Cruz was asked how he thought he'd do.

"I think I'd be all right," he said. "Anytime you gotta practice 20 hours a week for it, you should be able to do pretty good."
    Dolly Parton Turns Down ‘Dancing With the Stars’ Offers

With her dazzling attire and stage-brightening smile, Dolly Parton would seemingly be an ideal celebrity to hit the ‘Dancing With the Stars’ set — she’s even got the costuming down already. Still, the ‘Jolene’ hitmaker does not think she’d be a good fit and has refused several offers to appear on the show.

“Oh no! They have tried to get me on that ever since it started, even before this movie, and I said, ‘Are you insane?!’” Parton told The Boot, laughing when questioned about whether or not she’d give the popular ballroom dancing show a try. “Nooo!” she added. “I would be amazing all right, but not in the right way!”

I think they've had more "A-listers" with their musical guests than with the dancing contestants.

ABC admits 'DWTS' season 13 had 'weaker' cast - Entertainment - Reality TV - TODAY.com

+ Reply to Thread