+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: DWTS Media Thread

I've never had such little interest in a finale or was so happy for a season to be over. Not even season 11, which had my then least favorite final 3 (or 2 out of 3-I liked Kyle ) I can only hope season 14 is so much better. I especially hope changes get made with the judges. But who am I kidding-it's got the show publicity, so they'll probably make it even worse.

Daily News Releases

WHO WILL TAKE HOME THE COVETED MIRROR BALL TROPHY... THE WAR HERO
    AND ACTOR, THE TALK SHOW HOST, OR THE REALITY TV STAR?, ON THE FINAL
    TWO EPISODES OF THIS SEASON'S "DANCING WITH THE STARS"

Multiple Grammy-Winning Country Music Superstars Lady Antebellum
    Take the Stage for Television Debut of "Dancing Away with My Heart"

"Episode 13010 & 13010A" - After ten weeks of the most riveting performances, dramatic eliminations and shocking moments of the show's 13 seasons, Robert Kardashian and two-time champion Cheryl Burke, Ricki Lake and three time champion Derek Hough, and J.R. Martinez and Karina Smirnoff will hit the dance floor for a chance to outshine the rest and be crowned "Dancing with the Stars" champions. Next week, Season 13's three finalists will try to impress the judges and viewers to emerge the victors in two final nights of competition, MONDAY, NOVEMBER 21 (8:00-9:01 p.m., ET), concluding on the Season Finale TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 22 (9:00-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

In the final one-hour performance show on MONDAY, NOVEMBER 21 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET), all three couples will compete against one another with two dances. The first number is a style the couples have not yet done. Then, all three contenders will perform the always popular and fan favorite Freestyle dances.

The anticipation builds and the competition continues for the two-hour Season Finale on TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 22 (9:00-11:00 p.m., ET), as the three finalists perform their favorite dance of the season. The two couples with the highest combined fan votes and judges' scores will then go on to perform the Instant Samba to determine who will reign as champions of "Dancing with the Stars" and take home the coveted mirror ball trophy. Also on Tuesday, each of this season's 12 couples returns to the dance floor for a special performance.

On Tuesday's spectacular Season Finale, Lady Antebellum comes to the ballroom for the television debut of "Dancing Away with My Heart" off their new album, "Own the Night," accompanied by Troupe members Sasha, Teddy, Kiki, Sharna, Dasha and Oksana on the dance floor. They'll then perform their megahit "Need You Now," accompanied by "DWTS" pros Kym, Dmitry, Peta and Val.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    But who am I kidding-it's got the show publicity, so they'll probably make it even worse.
    {{shudder}}

On Tuesday's spectacular Season Finale, Lady Antebellum comes to the ballroom for the television debut of "Dancing Away with My Heart" off their new album, "Own the Night," accompanied by Troupe members Sasha, Teddy, Kiki, Sharna, Dasha and Oksana on the dance floor. They'll then perform their megahit "Need You Now," accompanied by "DWTS" pros Kym, Dmitry, Peta and Val.
    Yay Teddy & Val!

Season 14 premiere date is Monday, March 19th; first result show is the following Tuesday, March 27th. Looks like everyone gets to do two dances before someone is eliminated. I like it better when they do it that way.

ABC Medianet

FORT Fogey

I apologize if we're not allowed to post a link like this, but it's Yahoo's list of the 12 worst dance costumes of this season:

DWTS Wackiest Costumes - Yahoo! TV

I think all but 2 of those costumes were from theme weeks. I loved Carson's cheerleader outfit. I wish he could have lasted longer, horrible dancer or not. He probably would have given the freestyle to end all freestyles, and then the show would have to take back their 'the freestyle is often the deciding dance' when they couldn't let him win.

As much as I love Hope, those fringe pants were a no-no. But I've never liked fringe pants on anyone whose worn them.

I think all but 2 of those costumes were from theme weeks. I loved Carson's cheerleader outfit. I wish he could have lasted longer, horrible dancer or not. He probably would have given the freestyle to end all freestyles, and then the show would have to take back their 'the freestyle is often the deciding dance' when they couldn't let him win.

As much as I love Hope, those fringe pants were a no-no. But I've never liked fringe pants on anyone whose worn them.

OMG Kara - I LOVE your new avatar!!
    TIA__MA likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    OMG Kara - I LOVE your new avatar!!
    Thanks! And I refuse to believe there won't be a next time...but if by chance there isn't, look for the Chmerkovskiy obsessed fan outside the studio with her shrine

I wish we could have had more dances with those 2 this season.
    GabbyG, Bet2Win and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I apologize if we're not allowed to post a link like this, but it's Yahoo's list of the 12 worst dance costumes of this season:

DWTS Wackiest Costumes - Yahoo! TV
    Scary thing is I tried on a prom dress in 1987 that looked a lot like Ricki's dress from '80s week...

Thanks! And I refuse to believe there won't be a next time...but if by chance there isn't, look for the Chmerkovskiy obsessed fan outside the studio with her shrine

I wish we could have had more dances with those 2 this season.

me too!

FORT Fogey

This doesn't have to do with this season, but tonight E! premiered a half hour bio special on Kelly Osbourne. In it, she talks about how important Louis and DWTS were in terms of helping her become a happier, healthier person. There's a short clip of Louis trying to choke back tears while talking about how proud he is of Kelly. It's really very sweet.
    karalott and jucamer like this.

+ Reply to Thread