+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Re: DWTS Media Thread

FranSeaLou and norealityhere like this.

FORT Fogey

Two changes I'd like to see - more recognizable stars (not reality, not politicians...), and no Judges scores! If a real competition like So You Think You Can Dance (real in that they actually want a dancing career) don't have scores - why should this one for a title only?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1 View Post
    Two changes I'd like to see - more recognizable stars (not reality, not politicians...), and no Judges scores! If a real competition like So You Think You Can Dance (real in that they actually want a dancing career) don't have scores - why should this one for a title only?
    Since Conrad Green and Tom both (along with others associated with the show) have said it's not a serious dance contest, then why the big deal over respecting and a** kissing the judges when it really doesn't matter whether you do the style right or not. It's a popularity contest with them as much as the viewers, except maybe Len, who I think is the only one not biased. I think CA looks for the pros who think outside the box and fit more of her perception, but she doesn't know ballroom. Who knows what Bruno goes for, but I don't think I want to know. So who really cares what they have to say or score when the very people behind the scenes tell the viewers not to get all bent out of shape or not to take it so seriously because it's not a real competition? And I'll totally echo your statement on no politicians or reality stars, unless the reality stars got a reality show for actually being famous and have more on their resume than a sex tape that they likely leaked in the first place.

And the dance styles for this week: everyone is doing the AT. Probably my favorite dance style, although I think the judges make it overrated. But they give us 5 rumbas in one night, or an overdose of cha chas last season, but have reduced the AT to once this season. I think the producers shouldn't have worried so much about investing in a new stage with the way this season has gone. Also, everyone has the relay cha cha; not nearly as bad as the WTA cha cha, but they did this in season 9. The judges rank everyone after they dance and I think the score was 10, 8, 6, and 4 added to their overall total. We already know J.R. and Ricki are getting 1st and 2nd. I don't really think Rob is a better dancer than Hope, but CA adores all things Kardashian, and it'll probably depend who the producers want in the finals as to who gets 3rd. Hope and J.R. also have the paso, Rob the samba (that should be something-I'm sure CA will cry and scream over it), and Ricki also has the samba. I'm betting on this being it for Hope, but I really wouldn't care if Rob or Ricki went home instead. No one else does much for me, but it's pretty obvious who's winning, so I wish they'd just kill the (un)suspense and have the finale this week.

From Day 1, it's looked to me like JR is going to win.
    He deserves it.
    I think, perhaps, Max saw that, as well, and could be the reason for his behavior a few weeks ago. Glad he's finally calmed down.
    Hope actually looked a bit happy this week. Good for her. she did a nice job.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Has anyone read anywhere which male and female pros will be dancing in Design-A-Dance next week ?

Quote Originally Posted by JMFan View Post
    Has anyone read anywhere which male and female pros will be dancing in Design-A-Dance next week ?
    Since Derek's won every season he's one, I'm guessing him and either Cheryl or Lacey (aside from Chelsie and Julianne, they are the only female pros to ever win). If they do like previous years and have multiple winners, no idea who it could be. I'm guessing for the other male pro Maks or Tristan.

Dancing's Cheryl Burke: Rob Kardashian Is Not Distracted By Kim's Divorce - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

"I think everyone wants to know: Why does Rob mention USC so much?
    Burke: [Laughs] Oh, I don't know! I don't think he purposely mentions it that much, but they ask him questions about it and he answers them and says it. Then they cut it like that and it's hilarious!"

Do a shot.

'Dancing With the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Has a Four-Letter Word for Carrie Ann Inaba - Hollywood Reporter

"F--- Carrie Ann, next question," Maks told reporters.

It should be acknowledged that he was laughing quite a bit when he said this, but he seems to have had enough of the scoring this season.

"I think Carrie Ann has an issue," he said. "I don't know what it is but I would love to know so we can address it. As of now, I have no clue what the hell she was talking about."
    Yeah, if Maks apologized for smiling, I'm definitely saying he didn't mean it. Go Maks!

CA has to be an idiot if she thinks people don't catch on her inconsistant scoring and bias. At least Maks finally called it out after enduring it for many seasons and seeing it thrown at his BFF in the same fashion. The judges can dish it out, but can't seem to take it. CA is fake and adds nothing but her own ego and fangirl antics and doesn't have a clue what she's talking about. She makes it the most obvious when she's looking for something to criticize or where it pains her to give a compliment or playing favorites. None of the judges are that great anymore, but she's the worst. I'd love nothing more than to see her and Brooke gone next season.

And I'm sure the producers are loving this, which is why I doubt CA is going anywhere, and why they'll encourage spats like this in the future (but if Maks is gone, I doubt any other pro will take the bait). This will get dragged out all week just like Len vs Maks did a few weeks ago. How convenient right before the finale of a season that has seen ratings slide. And CA will say she's fair and honest and doesn't play favorites.
    Minney likes this.

I don't think the producers are loving it when it gets to this level of animosity. Unless Maks is leaving for good after this season, he's digging himself into a hole. He's still going to have to face her and her biases and uninformed critiques in future seasons. And the show will not want every week to be about this. Eventually one of them would have to go. If the show was smart, they would replace C-A, but they haven't always shown themselves to be that smart.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread