+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

FORT Fogey

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I'm not surprised, as it'll be difficult for Nancy, and likely difficult for Hope and Rob. If I were Karina, I'd say screw the 3 stooges and do whatever I want. Others get away with it, why not her?
    Because she is not among those "others" who can get away with it. She and Ralph got screwed by the insta-dance last season. I doubt she wants to go through that again, no matter how popular and talented J.R. may be.

FORT Fogey

US magazine isn't exactly a pillar of journalistic integrity. I'd take anything they print with an entire month's production of the local Morton's factory.

As for Julianne being a huge star, no, she isn't. Certainly not by Hollywood's standards. But she probably is a bit more recognizable to the general public than Derek, just because of the recent publicity for the remake of Footloose. Also, she's been on a few red carpets and gets E! News coverage because of her relationship with Ryan Seacrest.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    If Derek is dating Lauren Conrad for publicity, than he better aim higher. I had to look up who she was. As for he and Maks and Julianne and all the stuff being said I feel that most of the pros probably are not happy with the Houghs. They are asked for by most of the stars that come on, they are over praised by the judges, the show has them in every sequence possible, and I am sick of them and I do not even know them.

I am probably the only one, but I see nothing special looks wise about Derek. He is too boylike for me. I think Tristan, Maks, and even Val are so much more hot than Derek. I also can feel the anguish that Karina, Anna, Tony, and Maks obviously feel for never having won and working so hard.
    I thought I was the only one too! I never understood how people kept saying 'Derek is sooooo hot!!!' IMO,No He's not. If you want Hot, look at Maks <3 Tristan is cute...

I feel for the other pros too I hate see repeated winners it's getting tiresome, I really wish last year Maks won with Kirstie, I reallly never understood all the hype around Hines. Get rid of Ballas and Hough and then you got yourself a fair competition. Unless, the judges will find a way to overpraise another pro, yet again. Well actually get rid of CA and Bruno, then it would be fair.
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    As for Julianne being a huge star, no, she isn't. Certainly not by Hollywood's standards. But she probably is a bit more recognizable to the general public than Derek, just because of the recent publicity for the remake of Footloose.
    Well, she's no Lori Singer, but if you say so.
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisoo View Post
    I thought I was the only one too! I never understood how people kept saying 'Derek is sooooo hot!!!' IMO,No He's not. If you want Hot, look at Maks <3 Tristan is cute...

I feel for the other pros too I hate see repeated winners it's getting tiresome, I really wish last year Maks won with Kirstie, I reallly never understood all the hype around Hines. Get rid of Ballas and Hough and then you got yourself a fair competition. Unless, the judges will find a way to overpraise another pro, yet again. Well actually get rid of CA and Bruno, then it would be fair.
    I dont think anyone on that show is hot.Certainly not Maks. I watch for their dance techinque and their choreography.I think Derek works very hard on both.Very hard, and it shows

Something about Derek reminds me of a grown Justin Bieber.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Maksim Chmerkovskiy's photo "Yup! We're definitely on a wa..." on WhoSay

At least Derek and Maks can make fun of their feud (from Mak's twitter).

Something about Derek reminds me of a grown Justin Bieber.
    That's it!

FORT Fogey

Sweet. I'm having fun following all the drama, but really, I don't think I care much beyond the entertainment value. They are both doing a good job of keeping their names in th news and that's all they can ask for. Although I don't see big fame in the cards for either Derek or Max. Derek is too quiet and understated. Max is too loud and brash. They are missing that "it" factor that lingers somewhere in the middle.

I was never attracted to any of the daners on this show with the possible exception of Tony. But, Tristan does it for me in a big way!

Max is good for entrtainmet; Derek is good for great choreography.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

The judges comments have often been up for dispute, but I feel like we're seeing it more this season than in the past. I completely agree with everything that article said. If it's not a "true" dancing competition, why bother to have judges and scores anyway? I think they've given up trying to be impartial and fair and offer constructive critiques. I'm not sure when the show crossed the line about telling people it was their worst dance or comparing them to animals or finding minor flaws with the best dancer in the group was considered constructive.

Something else I'd like to see changed in the future: mixing up the order of when the contestants dance. Rob/Cheryl are reportedly going first tonight. Has Ricki gone towards the front at all this season? It's not just Ricki, J.R. has typically been saved towards the back as well. I get bored with seeing the most overhyped contestants that the show thinks everyone will stay tuned to see going last week after week. Or that it's obvious they're going when they are so the judges can save the 10s for them.
    NFL1 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread