+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Some media regarding Maks vs Len-and even though I was already on Maks's side, I still think the judges don't get it. I wish he had hashed it out with CA again. Not as many people like her, and I would have loved to hear what Maks said in response if she said 'I've been in this business a long time'. The producers have to be loving this. It's the only watercooler worthy thing that's happened all season with a chemistry free and boring cast. Even controversial castings didn't deliver.

Maksim Chmerkovskiy: 'Dancing With the Stars' judge Len Goodman speaks out | Inside TV | EW.com

Len Goodman on 'Dancing With the Stars' feud with Maks: 'You can't be a judge at your own trial' -- VIDEO
    by Annie Barrett

Dancing With the Stars head judge Len Goodman has taken to Access Hollywood to address longtime professional dancer Maksim Chmerkovskiy’s claim on Monday night that the celebrities on DWTS are judged on their “so-called potential” instead of the performance of the night.

“How often, in the heat of the moment, we say things where we think why did I say that? I think Maks is going through one of those period right now,” Goodman said.

“What they have to understand is: They’re on trial. We’re the judges,” Goodman clarified. “You can’t be the judge at your own trial.”

On Monday night, after Len called Hope Solo’s rumba her worst dance of the season, he said Maks was to blame for half of that and reminded the pro that he’s been in this business for 50 years. “Maybe it’s time to get out,” Maks shot back.
    I think this brings up contradiction on the judges part, and why Maks's rant had more merit than his beef with CA over Brandy. For some, they criticized the performance of the night, week after week, whereas with others, they withhold scores because they have the potential to be better So I think Maks was right in calling them out and saying they don't deliver fairly to anyone. Saying it's their best/worst dance of the series (sometimes in week 3), doesn't help them get any better.

'Dancing With the Stars'' Maksim Chmerkovskiy Gets Fan Support After Telling Off Judge - Hollywood Reporter

In terms of Maks saying it's "his show", I don't think he meant it literally. I believe he meant he was here when it started, along with most of the pros who've been around since the early seasons, they've become as much of the show as the celebs and judges, and people expect certain things from them. At least that's my take on it.

Backstage at DWTS: Maks Defends Harsh Words to Len, Saying, "I Have Had Enough!" - E! Online

‘I have had enough!' You have an opinion. I also have an opinion...The judges will say, 'Hey, this is show business, this is supposed to be fun.' Well, I had fun tonight."
    I liked this comment from Maks. Goes along with what the judges have said in the past about it being a TV show, so no one should be offended by what they say. They can't judge, and I'm glad they get taken down a few pegs (if not by the pros/celebs, then by the booing audience-annoying as they are the minute they hear something negative, I like CA not being able to take it).

And from the same above article what some other couples had to say:

So did Maks cross the line, or was he within his rights? We learned backstage his co-stars are split:

"He did go a little too far with it, but it is what it is."—J.R. Martinez

"We danced right after Maks so I just wanted to make sure that the judges made sure that we didn't concur with Maks' opinion...He needs a hug."—Karina Smirnoff

"He spoke his opinion and he should be allowed to do it."—Lacey Schwimmer

"I'm usually harder on myself than the judges."—David Arquette

"Sometimes you do take things personally…I did that one time with Shannon Elizabeth. I went off. And I thought, ‘Oh my goodness, I can't ever do that again!' I felt like the judges have been incredibly generous this season so I was surprised."—Derek Hough

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Some media regarding Maks vs Len-and even though I was already on Maks's side, I still think the judges don't get it. I wish he had hashed it out with CA again. Not as many people like her, and I would have loved to hear what Maks said in response if she said 'I've been in this business a long time'. The producers have to be loving this. It's the only watercooler worthy thing that's happened all season with a chemistry free and boring cast. Even controversial castings didn't deliver.

Maksim Chmerkovskiy: 'Dancing With the Stars' judge Len Goodman speaks out | Inside TV | EW.com

I think this brings up contradiction on the judges part, and why Maks's rant had more merit than his beef with CA over Brandy. For some, they criticized the performance of the night, week after week, whereas with others, they withhold scores because they have the potential to be better So I think Maks was right in calling them out and saying they don't deliver fairly to anyone. Saying it's their best/worst dance of the series (sometimes in week 3), doesn't help them get any better.

'Dancing With the Stars'' Maksim Chmerkovskiy Gets Fan Support After Telling Off Judge - Hollywood Reporter

In terms of Maks saying it's "his show", I don't think he meant it literally. I believe he meant he was here when it started, along with most of the pros who've been around since the early seasons, they've become as much of the show as the celebs and judges, and people expect certain things from them. At least that's my take on it.

Backstage at DWTS: Maks Defends Harsh Words to Len, Saying, "I Have Had Enough!" - E! Online

I liked this comment from Maks. Goes along with what the judges have said in the past about it being a TV show, so no one should be offended by what they say. They can't judge, and I'm glad they get taken down a few pegs (if not by the pros/celebs, then by the booing audience-annoying as they are the minute they hear something negative, I like CA not being able to take it).

And from the same above article what some other couples had to say:

The quotes from Len look like they are from his interview on Access Hollywood interview. He said in that interview that he and Maks are good friends, they golf together. What was funny was Access Hollywood took a poll on who the viewers felt was in the right ... 78% voted for Maks, and 28% voted for the judges. Len said he would have voted for Maks too. The interview is on Youtube, I don't know if Youtube links are allowed to be posted here.

It will be interesting tonight!

Re: 10/25 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

From People.com: Dancing With the Stars
    Maksim Chmerkovskiy vs. Len Goodman: Who Is Dancing's Alpha Male?

"Len: The respected judge, who often gets boos in the ballroom, speaks his mind and doesn't pull punches – but it's clear he's only trying to help Dancing's stars, as Derek Hough pointed out Tuesday.

"I feel like the judges have been incredibly generous," Hough said after Maks's outburst. "But we're all very emotional."

Yeah, Derek - to YOU!

Re: 10/25 Results Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Interesting follow up on Good Morning America: http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertai...apologize-for/

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    The quotes from Len look like they are from his interview on Access Hollywood interview. He said in that interview that he and Maks are good friends, they golf together. What was funny was Access Hollywood took a poll on who the viewers felt was in the right ... 78% voted for Maks, and 28% voted for the judges. Len said he would have voted for Maks too. The interview is on Youtube, I don't know if Youtube links are allowed to be posted here.

It will be interesting tonight!
    After Maks's comments about Derek, it might be even more interesting next week. They are doing the team dances (good thing Chaz got voted off when he did). Team Paso Doble is Hope/Maks, Ricki/Derek, and Rob/Cheryl. Team Tango is David/Kym, J.R./Karina, and Nancy/Tristan. Hard to say where the judges will vote -usually the Derek/Cheryl combo typically wins, although Derek's lost one team dance and last season they voted the teams even. Team paso is more of a crowd pleasing dance, and it has two of the judges favorites (or 1 judges fave and a CA boytoy). Team tango dances in unison, but it can still be a crowd pleasing dance, and has J.R., David, and Tristan. Each side has a weak link. Should be interesting. Interested to see the Halloween theme next week.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    [snipped]...Interested to see the Halloween theme next week.
    Me too - I loved the last Halloween show. Your comment brought to mind Joey and Edyta's tango to the Addams' Family theme song. I just went and watched it on YouTube. It was every bit as good and fun as I remembered. It was a long clip - from the rehearsal package through the judging. The scores were 10-9-9 - it was interesting to see how toned-down Bruno's comments were back then. I liked him back then - not so much now with his over-the-top theatrics for practically every dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    Me too - I loved the last Halloween show. Your comment brought to mind Joey and Edyta's tango to the Addams' Family theme song. I just went and watched it on YouTube. It was every bit as good and fun as I remembered. It was a long clip - from the rehearsal package through the judging. The scores were 10-9-9 - it was interesting to see how toned-down Bruno's comments were back then. I liked him back then - not so much now with his over-the-top theatrics for practically every dance.
    I love watching clips from then, because even the Halloween show had more dancing and less props/gimmicks than what we'll probably see next week. My favorite were both Monique and Louis's dances-the cha cha to Ghostbusters, and the tango to Somebody's Watching Me. And Emmitt gave one of my all time favorite rumbas (and I don't have many) to Spooky. I liked the Halloween show last year on the British version as well, although that had quite a few props thrown in (but it kind of fit, I guess). Wonder what songs they'll be using and what the individual dances will be. I hope we still get the AT this season I could take a whole night of that over 1 rumba. I'm trying to think what has what left to dance. Nancy hasn't done the samba or jive; I don't think Hope has done the quickstep.

Another, more lighter feud, that's brewing:

'Dancing With the Stars' vs. 'X Factor': Who rules the toilet? - From Inside the Box - Zap2it

We weren't kidding with that headline.

"Dancing With the Stars" and "X Factor" both tape their shows at CBS Television City in Hollywood, and it seems that the competition shows are getting a little... well, competitive.

TMZ posted the above photo from the door of the bathroom on the stages. Apparently, a "Dancing With the Stars" staffer wasn't too pleased when "The X-Factor" plastered their logo on the door.

An "X Factor" spokeswoman tells the NY Post, "Please tell Rob he's welcome to use our restrooms anytime!"

These people need to spend some time on PassiveAggressiveNotes.com.

+ Reply to Thread