+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Re: DWTS Media Thread

One of the UK's best-selling musical artists, Susan Boyle, graces the stage with a rendition of "Unchained Melody," a worldwide television network exclusive performance, accompanied by pro dancers Val Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd.
    I see they are trying to get her again this season....will she back out, or actually show up?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Dance order for next week (80s night):

Tango: Hope/Maks, David/Kym
    Rumba: Rob/Cheryl (lucky him, he can just walk and pose more and gets 9s for it)
    Foxtrot: Ricki/Derek
    Jive: Carson/Anna (Len will probably nail him on this one)
    Samba: J.R./Karina, Chaz/Lacey (not even looking forward to this)

I don't know about Nancy yet. I thought the days of contestants scoring in the teens and getting 5s and 6s were over, but looking at this, it might be hard for the judges to give out such high praise and scores for a certain couple. Rob lucked out getting the rumba. I can already hear the praise and screams from CA I guess she and Cheryl aren't BFFs off the show, since Cheryl didn't know she was engaged.

I can't wait to see Carson and Anna do the jive. That should just be a hoot.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Dance order for next week (80s night):

Tango: Hope/Maks, David/Kym
    Rumba: Rob/Cheryl (lucky him, he can just walk and pose more and gets 9s for it)
    Foxtrot: Ricki/Derek
    Jive: Carson/Anna (Len will probably nail him on this one)
    Samba: J.R./Karina, Chaz/Lacey (not even looking forward to this)
    JR and Chaz the last two again? Hope first again? I really wish they would pull numbers out of a hat and dance in that order. Must be demoralizing to know the producers don't really care if you leave.

Tango. Maks and Hope. This is the perfect dance for them. Maks needs to be latin cowboy to motivate Hope. Hopefully the music will be an appropriate latin song.

Foxtrot: Derek and Ricki. Sounds boring already, but I'm sure Derek will find way to make it interesting.

Rumba: Should be easy dance for Rob if he show some emotions.

Jive: Probably the worst style of dance for untamed Carson.

Samba: Chaz. We have to wait all night to see this? Producers must believe Chaz is gold for ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    JR and Chaz the last two again? Hope first again? I really wish they would pull numbers out of a hat and dance in that order. Must be demoralizing to know the producers don't really care if you leave.

Tango. Maks and Hope. This is the perfect dance for them. Maks needs to be latin cowboy to motivate Hope. Hopefully the music will be an appropriate latin song.

Foxtrot: Derek and Ricki. Sounds boring already, but I'm sure Derek will find way to make it interesting.

Rumba: Should be easy dance for Rob if he show some emotions.

Jive: Probably the worst style of dance for untamed Carson.

Samba: Chaz. We have to wait all night to see this? Producers must believe Chaz is gold for ratings.
    That's not the order they're going in (although I wouldn't be surprised if Chaz, Ricki, and J.R. go towards the end and Hope goes near the front). Looks like everyone but Carson and Ricki has the same dance style as another couple; I'm guessing they'll spread them out and those two might go in the middle (Ricki has to go towards the beginning one of these episodes). Nancy also said she's doing the rumba. Looking forward to seeing Tristan in that I don't think she'll get the character, but, like Rob, will probably be able to walk through the dance easy enough. I'm no expert, but I think the rumba is harder for the girl than the guy (maybe it's the other way around, in terms of it being a character dance). After having 5 rumbas a couple of weeks ago, I'm not looking forward to this.

Chaz and Carson, I'm expecting both dances to be a disaster, but Carson will probably be a lot of fun. Chaz should take note and forget actually trying to dance it. I think Hope will do amazing with the tango, if her nerves don't effect her. David did well with his VW week 1, so I think he should do pretty good with the tango. I'm sure Ricki will get rave reviews for her foxtrot, but I'm bored by it as well already.

FORT Fogey

Unfortunately, I expect Carson to get slammed for his jive too. Incidentally, he's tweeted Nancy that he'd like to rumba with Tristan too.

Wait 'til Maks hears he's not Carson's only boy crush....
    jucamer likes this.

Well, I guess you were right that Hope is dancing first If Pure DWTS is right.

Here's the rundown:

1st: Hope/Maks (Tango to Livin' On A Prayer)
    2nd: Carson/Anna (Jive to Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go)
    4th: J.R./Karina (Samba to Conga)
    5th: Rob/Cheryl (Rumba to Hello)
    6th: Chaz/Lacey (Samba to Get Down On It)

Unknown is Ricki (Foxtrot to Easy Love), David (Tango to Tainted Love), and Nancy (Rumba to True). Although since Ricki has one of only lone dance style, I wouldn't be surprised if she gets the pimp spot. I suppose they'll make her go towards the front next week and give her the week of low scores and actual criticism.

My predictions: the judges will completely gush over Ricki's foxtrot and make her cry and hand out 9s and 10s even though she didn't dance well enough for the scores (another partner with the exact same choreography she'd probably be getting 7s and 8s); Rob will be overscored and overpraised as the best dancing Kardashian ever just for standing there while Cheryl dances around him-possibly a 9 from Cougar CA tonight; Chaz will totally bomb but the judges will look on the bright side, CA will cry, and he'll get overscored; Carson will probably bomb, but entertain the heck out of us, but the judges will blast him for it; J.R. will get docked on minor technaclities and non existant lifts; and I worry this is Hope's waterloo tonight. Also to help fill up the 2 hours:

Daily News Releases

THIS WEEK'S "DANCING WITH THE STARS" CELEBRATES THE '80S
    WITH KNOCKOUT PERFORMANCES ON ABC

Groundbreaking Iconic Pop Group The Bangles Perform on Monday's "Dancing with the Stars"

Multi-Platinum Grammy® Award Winner Kelly Clarkson and
    Five-Time CMA, Three-time AMA Nominee The Band Perry Perform

And the Show's First "AT& T's Spotlight Performance"
    on Tuesday's "Dancing with the Stars the Results Show"

‘Pee-wee Herman’ Star Paul Reubens Tells OK! David Arquette has “Shocked Himself” on ‘DWTS’ & Wants to Compete Next Season

October 16th, 2011 11:29 am / Author: Gena Oppenheim

Pee-wee Herman star Paul Reubens, a regular audience member at Dancing with the Stars this season, exclusively spoke to OK! on Saturday about supporting his pal David Arquette on the show and wanting to be a contestant himself in the future!

“I think he’s shocked himself,” Paul told OK! at the Spike TV Scream Awards of David’s performance so far and added, “I just try to cheer as much as I can on Facebook, Twitter, and get him more votes. We have a very, very strong connection.”

Asides from David, the 59-year-old has been getting chummy with some of the ABC show’s other contestants like Rob Kardashian.

“I’m getting to know everyone, I’m friendly now with the Kardashians. I love everyone there!”

With such a strong tie to the cast now, Paul admitted to OK! that he is open to be a contestant next time around.

“I’m hoping to dance myself next year,” the Pee-wee’s Big Adventure actor explained and joked, “just putting it out there!”
    Pee Wee would be awesome. He would out-Carson Carson!
    karalott likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Pee Wee would be awesome. He would out-Carson Carson!
    They'd have to have him dance to Tequila I used to think about Paul being on the show, but I didn't think he'd go for it. I hope the producers do! Spring seasons tend to be more enjoyable, but just in case it isn't, Pee-Wee would certainly be a lot of fun to have around.

I just read on-line that Karina postponed her wedding? She sure didn't show anything last night - she looked great.

Dancing with the Stars: Karina Smirnoff Focused on J.R. Martinez Before Wedding : People.com

+ Reply to Thread