+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Don't know if this is the proper thread, but I believe these are the dances for Week 3

RUMBA- J.R. Hope, Chynna, David, Ricki, Chaz

TANGO -Carson

SAMBA - Kristin

FOXTROT -Rob

VW - Nancy

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Okay, this is what I do not understand. You have a week called "story telling week" where they are to tell about the most signifigant time of their lives and then you assign them a dance style that may not be condusive to the story AT ALL. So, if for example, Rikki or David want to tell the story of the birth of their children, how to you fit that to the sexy rumba?
    karalott and mandmmom2 like this.

FORT Regular

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Okay, this is what I do not understand. You have a week called "story telling week" where they are to tell about the most signifigant time of their lives and then you assign them a dance style that may not be condusive to the story AT ALL. So, if for example, Rikki or David want to tell the story of the birth of their children, how to you fit that to the sexy rumba?
    I agree nana. I don't like the whole theme weeks to begin with, as I think it's pointless for a dance show. But doing story week, and now 'best year of my life', when they don't even get to choose the dance? What if J.R. wants to do something on his recovery from his injuries in Iraq? How do you rumba to that? Since Ricki mentioned her childbirth in the bathtub this week, I wouldn't be surprised if her dance centers around having kids (possibly Chynna, too). Since the rumba is one of my least favorite dances (if not my least favorite), I'm not looking forward to five of them to begin with, let alone 5 of them based on stories. I wonder if Kristin will samba to her break up and rebound of her break up with Jay Cutler.

Quote Originally Posted by dwtsaddict View Post
    Blech

FORT Fogey

I wish they'd just stick to two dances a week. I guess they think that's dull, but it's not less dull than five rumbas, which, considering it's a dance almost no one does well, should get replaced in the rotation anyway.

I don't like the whole "tell a significant story" idea either, especially when they're told what dance they have to use to tell it. It's too gimmicky. If they want a "theme," I prefer something like last year's all classical music night--and I still think they should do an American Standards night and have Connick come back with his band for it.
    karalott and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by indy1945 View Post
    Don't know if this is the proper thread, but I believe these are the dances for Week 3

RUMBA- J.R. Hope, Chynna, David, Ricki, Chaz

TANGO -Carson

SAMBA - Kristin

FOXTROT -Rob

VW - Nancy
    Hope and Maks will be dancing the Cha-Cha.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Movie scores will be the next theme week:

ABC Medianet

Friday, September 30, 2011
    ABC Television Network
    PRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT -
    NEXT WEEK ON DANCING WITH THE STARS (10/3&4)

THE REMAINING TEN COUPLES WILL ILLUSTRATE THEIR MOST MEMORABLE YEAR
    WITH THEIR SONG OF CHOICE, ON THIS WEEK'S "DANCING WITH THE STARS," ON ABC

R&B Soul Sensation Mary J. Blige Performs

"Macy's Stars of Dance" Performance is a Tribute to "The Twist," Featuring
    Grammy® Award Winner Estelle, on the "Dancing with the Stars the Results Show"

"Episode 1303" -- In this week's "Dancing with the Stars," themed "The Most Memorable Year of My Life," each couple will perform a Ballroom or Latin style of dance to their song of choice, live, MONDAY, OCTOBER 3 (8:00-10:01 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

On Tuesday, Multi-platinum R&B recording artist Mary J. Blige will take the stage for an unforgettable performance singing two songs, "Real Love" and "25/8." Tuesday night's "Macy's Stars of Dance" performance pays tribute the beloved and iconic dance of an entire generation, "The Twist," in celebration of its 50th year mark, featuring Grammy(r) Award winner, Estelle. Also, pro dancers Val Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd reunite with the Troupe for a special performance themed to "Gone with the Wind," as a preview to next week's Movie Scores theme, on "Dancing with the Stars the Results Show," TUESDAY, OCTOBER 4 (9:00-10:01 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

FORT Fogey

I like the theme even less the way it's outlined in the press release. Most memorable year? So now they have to choose their most memorable year and suit the experiences of an entire year to a dance style they didn't pick. That sounds darn near impossible. If they had to have a "theme" (and they don't, not really) why not just have them choose a memorable event--whether it's the most memorable or not--that suits the type of dance they've been given.

Movie theme night is at least a little less demanding. There's a lot of movie music out there, so they can probably find something that suits the dance style they're assigned, and at least it doesn't have to tell a story, other than, perhaps, the one of the movie. Hope Carson makes it to movie week, because I'd love to see which film he and Anna choose.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dwtsaddict View Post
    I, for one, love a little gossip. Although I don't know why Hollywood types and others of the rich and famous ilk even bother with marriage. Seems like an inevitable administrative nightmare for no purpose whatsoever.

Maybe Rob is referring to past season contestants???

If he is referring to this season specifically, the only married people on the show that seem reasonable options (as said in the video) are Chynna and Tony. This would surprise me a bit because Tony seems like a true family-man (I don't know much about Chyna). On the other hand, they are a great match and seem to have wonderful chemistry, and I wouldn't be surprised. At this point in the game, I hope they win. I would love to see a middle-aged woman take this thing.

My other favs at this time: Carson, David, Nancy G, and Rob.

+ Reply to Thread