+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    In the article it say through the show's 10 year history. Has the show been on for 10 years? Time flies!!!
    They have their numbers mixed up. There are 2 seasons per year on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Anyway, it appears Mark is taking the trophy for most OTT outdancing his partner, showboating, mugging, breaking the rules but not being able to handle the criticism.

I do think the pros can play a big role in how well a celebrity does. The one thing that may keep Petra around longer is Dmitry's fans who are happy he's back (and want to ensure he's back in the future). I doubt Chelsea would be getting so much fanatical support if she wasn't paired with Mark.
    Here's my favorite quote from the article:
    So would it be wrong for viewers to cast their votes based solely on the pros? Mark Ballas thinks so. “It’s a team,” he said this week. “They vote for a team, how we get along together. It’s not about each individual.” Then again, it’s easy for him to say: He’s won two times. Ask the others who haven’t waltzed away with a win, and the answers are very different.

Mark - kettle's calling - you're black

Perhaps he should play back video of his dances, because it appears to be primarily about HIM and how he can showcase his abilities and how he disqualifies what his star says because he knows best. Derek used to do it and now Mark does it. When you find yourself watching the pro and not the star and/or seeing partners dance together, then you know that the pro is about the pro. I do so miss Cheryl and Gilles dancing. SIGH.

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moflan View Post
    Here's my favorite quote from the article:
    So would it be wrong for viewers to cast their votes based solely on the pros? Mark Ballas thinks so. “It’s a team,” he said this week. “They vote for a team, how we get along together. It’s not about each individual.” Then again, it’s easy for him to say: He’s won two times. Ask the others who haven’t waltzed away with a win, and the answers are very different.

Mark - kettle's calling - you're black

Perhaps he should play back video of his dances, because it appears to be primarily about HIM and how he can showcase his abilities and how he disqualifies what his star says because he knows best. Derek used to do it and now Mark does it. When you find yourself watching the pro and not the star and/or seeing partners dance together, then you know that the pro is about the pro. I do so miss Cheryl and Gilles dancing. SIGH.
    Amen and amen. In their last dance I was straining to even see Chelsea during much of it as she was in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    Amen and amen. In their last dance I was straining to even see Chelsea during much of it as she was in the background.
    It's like Mark is out there auditioning for something... maybe he wants a movie too ... like Derek
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

DWTS premiered in June 2005.
    They do 2 seasons per year.
    Seems like it's been on an eternity, though?!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    It's like Mark is out there auditioning for something... maybe he wants a movie too ... like Derek
    It makes me wonder. Jonathan, Louis, Fabian, and Dmitry have been specifically asked to choreograph for SYTYCD. Other pros, including Julianne and Derek, have had numerous opportunities in music, movies, book deals, cameo spots, endorsement deals, magazine interviews. If the boards were any indication, Mark and Derek's premiere of their band was a laughingstock, which is probably why we've never heard of them as a group together again. But Derek isn't suffering. At best, Mark's been trying to pursue a solo career and had a guest stint on Melissa & Joey. He did do Burn the Floor, but it wasn't as high profile as when Maks/Karina did it. Derek is way more of a judges favorite and I'd even say audience favorite than Mark. He's won 3 times in a relatively short time, including back to back. Mark's last win was season 8, and almost back to back, but that's been it. Kelly Osbourne was his original partner for season 9, but said she wanted someone more mature. That had to hurt, especially seeing how well Kelly did and how much of a fan favorite she was. Mark said once doing music was more of a passion and goal to than being a dancer on DWTS. Yet while others who've moved on the show have been doing well, including his BFFs, he's still stuck here. Maybe all this rebel schtick is to get him kicked off the show

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    DWTS premiered in June 2005.
    They do 2 seasons per year.
    Seems like it's been on an eternity, though?!!
    right - like the bachelor/ette premiered in 2002 yet there have been 21 'seasons' with the next season of The Bachelorette in production as we speak which will begin airing May 23 right after DWTS.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer View Post
    My upcoming Results Show Recap touches upon the topic of Hough Envy.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Chelsea Kane is 'Dancing With the Stars' best, says 'SYTYCD's' Mary Murphy

Mary Murphy, in the midst of Las Vegas auditions for "So You Think You Can Dance," picks Chelsea Kane as her favorite dancer on this season of "Dancing With the Stars."

"I still think they have quite a journey to go through," Murphy tells Zap2it. "I definitely think Chelsea [should win]. I don't know that she will win because she is not well known. I definitely think she is producing the best dancing on the show."

Besides Kane, Murphy is also impressed by Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward.

"I have been blown away by Hines Ward," Murphy says. "I am a huge football fan. I just can't believe him! I think he is doing tremendous. I don't care if you are an athlete. Ballroom dancing is a totally different ballgame. I know people anticipate Kirstie Alley, may be the favorite. I am just talking about the dancing."
    Chelsea Kane is 'Dancing With the Stars' best, says 'SYTYCD's' Mary Murphy
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't really watch SYTYCD, but from what I've seen of Mark's choreography, I think it'd be a better fit for that show. Who knew the SYTYCD alums would do less type of choreography styled for that show than Mark? So I'm not surprised Mary Murphy would like her. I do think Chelsea's a good dancer. She probably has more experience than anyone by the looks of it, and age probably helps her.

And Mark is kidding himself if he thinks his popularity doesn't factor into some of his partners doing well. Of course what an ego bruiser if he didn't make the finals That said, I think the popularity of Kristi and Shawn, and Bristol's radical voting bloc, would have gotten the same results without him.

My upcoming Results Show Recap touches upon the topic of Hough Envy.
    Another possible feeling of Hough Envy. Last I heard Derek was still dating British singer Cheryl Cole. She judges the X Factor in England and is rumored to be taking a judges spot on the US X Factor. So it makes me wonder if there's a possibility she could get Derek involved with that show somehow. Which would be one more accomplishment for Derek and a possible reason he wouldn't return to DWTS. If Derek returns for season 13, it may be his last, or close to it. He may come back for a 4th win, figure no one will top that, and call it a day.
    Last edited by karalott; 04-16-2011 at 02:08 PM.

+ Reply to Thread