+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Re: DWTS Media Thread

JUST LET THE GIRL DANCE!!!!
    Bristol can't really dance, though. She mostly walks and shimmies and sometimes stands completely still during multiple beats of music – and that’s when she’s not being strongly led or dragged by Mark. That's the obvious issue for most of us not sending suspicious packages -- Not that we want her to fail. And people should be able to state what’s obvious without having that automatically interpreted as meaning anything other than the obvious.

And stating more of the obvious, the letter is disturbing news. Hopefully they'll be able to trace where it came from and build a case to prosecute. At this point I can’t believe how naïve I was about Bristol being on DWTS. My first thought was that I hoped she earned enough money to attend college and pay for day care. I just didn’t foresee any of this taking the multiple ugly turns that it has. In a weird way, though, it now seems completely inevitable: the uncomfortable familiar.

And it really is such a shame because I think this nation is rapidly reaching the point of twiddling our thumbs while Rome burns, so to speak. At the time we most need to be pulling together, we are looking for reasons to be on opposing sides. And that I can absolutely foresee will not end well. And I had no idea how close we really are to the precipice until Bristol Palin showed up on DWTS. So, on the upside, you can learn some pretty profound things from watching Reality TV which is something I never thought I would say. And, in the spirit of unity and hope, here’s hoping that Bristol shows up on Monday and actually really does dance – or at least more so than in previous efforts.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Too bad - considering that there are 3 in the finals - that 2 are getting to rehearse in peace and quiet and Bristol has to deal with all of this crap - which has to take away from their rehearsal time - and be very stressful for her and Mark. I hope - thru all of this - that they come out gang-busters on Monday night.........
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Read the comments on the TMZ site. Most think she sent it to herself as a stunt to help her win. The whole thing is just getting shameless.
    Comments like those on TMZ is the reason our country is referred to in the rest of the world is "The Ugly Americans". DWTS has been on the air for a while and the best dancer doesn't always win. This Bristol Palin stuff is over the top, such a big thing over absolutely nothing. I don't take this show all that serious, we all know the producers decide who wins and who loses, it's pretty clear by the judges comment and votes. Bristol is one of the worst dancers on the show (for sure) but to get bent out of shape like people are doing is crazy.

FORT Fan

The whole Bristol media thing is ridiculous. TPTB are loving it-controversy equals ratings-probably why she was cast in the first place. I predict she's going out in 3rd place and everyone can settle down and watch a Jennifer- Kyle faceoff. TBTB didn't do Brandy any favors by airing the story of her accident. I think most people (myself included) had forgotten about it, but the show brought it to the forefront. That in itself could have influenced voters even though she was not at fault.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso;4110322;
    The whole Bristol media thing is ridiculous. TPTB are loving it-controversy equals ratings-probably why she was cast in the first place. I predict she's going out in 3rd place and everyone can settle down and watch a Jennifer- Kyle faceoff. TBTB didn't do Brandy any favors by airing the story of her accident. I think most people (myself included) had forgotten about it, but the show brought it to the forefront. That in itself could have influenced voters even though she was not at fault.
    Reg. Brandy....I couldn't agree more. I looked up the details of the accident and it was just flooky accident that could happen to anyone. The family of the deceased drive went after her in court battle after court battle...she must have lost millions.

They shouldn't have even brought it up. But, I give Brandy a ton of credit for being truthful about her career and that accident. That's more than what can be said for lots of "stars" who go on the show for a career boost and pretend as if that's not the case.

'Dancing With the Stars': Jeff Probst fascinated by 'the Palin factor'

By Jay Bobbin
    November 19, 2010 4:59 PM ET

Jeff Probst has his own competition-show finale to be concerned with, but that doesn't mean he isn't keeping an eye on "Dancing With the Stars."

His mother has made sure of it.

The multiple-Emmy-winning host and producer of CBS' "Survivor" is eager to see the ABC dance contest's season finale Monday and Tuesday (Nov. 22 and 23) ... in part because he watched finalists Jennifer Grey, Kyle Massey and Bristol Palin in action firsthand recently.

"I took my mom [to a 'Dancing' taping] just a couple of weeks ago," Probst tells Zap2it. "We went to dinner with [co-host Tom Bergeron] afterward, and he couldn't have been more gracious. He regaled Mom with every story she would want to hear, being that she is a huge 'Dancing With the Stars' fan.

"I find this season incredibly fascinating," Probst adds, "for the obvious reason of the Palin factor. I'm not one of these people who buys into the fact that the audience is behind her because she's an underdog and has become a better dancer. I absolutely believe this is related to politics."

Probst points out that "Survivor" executive producer Mark Burnett fills the same role on "Sarah Palin's Alaska," the just-launched TLC series. "I e-mailed him," Probst says, "and I told him, 'Between that and "Dancing With the Stars," you guys are going to get her elected!'

"It's a crazy world we live in right now, where a reality show can be so popular that it can actually influence -- or be influenced by -- politics. It doesn't upset me or make me want to shoot my TV (as a Wisconsin viewer did this week), but it's absolutely fascinating."

Now airing regularly on Wednesdays, "Survivor" has its 21st-season finale Sunday, Dec. 19. Since the other episodes are taped months ahead of the last telecast, that would give Probst the time to be a "Dancing With the Stars" contestant himself ... but, he advises, don't hold your breath.

"Nope," he says definitively. "Every time I go to that show, somebody says, 'Oh, you're checking it out.' Let me assure you, I would be one of the worst dancers that show has ever seen. I wouldn't want to dedicate that much time to it. I like watching it, but I wouldn't be good for it. Even my mom might say, 'OK, honey. Maybe there are some.
    'Dancing With the Stars': Jeff Probst fascinated by 'the Palin factor' - From Inside the Box - Zap2it
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Hmm. Mark Burnett (a Reality Show Producer - Survivor and Project Runway) is producing the Palin family reality show. This show was filmed last summer, wasn't it? And Bristol is on that show. Isn't early or middle summer the time DWTS casts their contestants? One reality producer to another in that small world and Bristol was discovered to have the time to do DWTS. Or at least that is as close as I can come to a conspiracy theory as to how she was cast on the show. It just seems a little too coincidental that she moved from one show taping to the next over the summer. And it explains how a receptionist - even with a famous mother - gets cast.

Of course, unlike Bristol the Pistol, I'm probably shooting blanks, here.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules;4109397;
    I respectfully disagree. Bristol outdanced Brandy in the semifinal. Everybody I watch will agreed with me.

I believe the judges scores prove that Bristol did not outdance Brandy.
    Last edited by fluff; 11-22-2010 at 10:26 AM. Reason: fixed quote tags
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Excerpts from The New York Times op-ed, "Could She Reach the Top in 2012? You Betcha:" http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/21/op...e&ref=homepage

The next night Palin and her husband Todd were enshrined as proud parents in touchy-feely interviews on “Dancing With the Stars,” the network sensation (21 million viewers) where their daughter Bristol has miraculously escaped elimination all season despite being neither a star nor a dancer.
    The Perils of Palin maintains its soap-operatic drive not just because of the tabloid antics of Bristol, Levi, et al., but because you are kept guessing about where the pop culture ends and the politics begins.
    When Palin mocks her G.O.P. establishment critics as tortured, paranoid, sleazy and a “good-old-boys club,” she pays no penalty for doing so. The more condescending the attacks on her, the more she thrives. This same dynamic is also working for her daughter Bristol, who week after week has received low scores and patronizing dismissals from the professional judges on “Dancing with the Stars” only to be rescued by populist masses voting at home.
    Short of that, there’s little reason to believe now that she [Sarah] cannot dance to the top of the Republican ticket when and if she wants to.
    Interesting choice of words in that concluding sentence. As this columnist suggests, the line between celebrity fandom and political supporters seems blurred enough to not even exist, which remains my contention with Bristol's ascent to the finals. At the end of season 11, if Bristol is crowned MBT princess, perhaps it's the Teabag Party's statement that nothing can overcome them. Perhaps it's nothing more than middle America liking her. Could we ever really know the difference and say that she got their on her own merit? No.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 11-22-2010 at 01:38 PM.

Bristol Palin, Mark Ballas on Scary Threats: "Who Cares?"

Controversial Dancing with the Stars finalist Bristol Palin isn't sweating her venomous detractors.

"I just let whatever they say roll off my back," Palin, 20, told UsMagazine.com after Monday's final performance show. (The winner is crowned Tuesday night.) "I don't let them distract me from this competition."

Among the anti-Bristol "haters": one Wisconsin man blasted his TV with a shotgun last Tuesday after she made it through to finals; over the weekend, an envelope containing a mysterious white powder, allegedly addressed to Palin, arrived at DWTS studios. (The powder was later identified as harmless talcum powder)

"Whatever," her pro partner Mark Ballas told Us. "A little bit of baby powder. Who cares?"

The couple scored the lowest on Monday's show (Jennifer Grey nabbed a perfect 60), but told Us they're pleased with their Broadway routine.

"I think we did well tonight and that showed," Palin told Us.

Why should Palin nab the mirrorball trophy on Tuesday? "Because we've worked our butts off!" she said. "I feel really confident in our dances. I am very happy."

News - Bristol Palin, Mark Ballas on Scary Threats: "Who Cares?" - Movies, TV & Music - UsMagazine.com

Um, Bristol – EVERYONE worked their butts off.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread