+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 232 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;3375688;
    I would guess that the dance assignments are based on what the pros were already working on with their previous partners.
    I know Nancy was doing the waltz and salsa, and Jewel said she was doing the Salsa week 2. So Jewel was going to do the waltz week 1 as well. I did hear Melissa got to LA early today. I don't know if that's true but if so they really aren't going to have time to practice. But I think for now Melissa will have more of a fan base to get her through than Holly might (Holly supposedly started practicing last Monday).

just saw this on tvguide.com

Has Bachelor's Melissa Scored a Date with Dancing with the Stars?

You lose some, you win some ... sort of mirrored-ball trophy?

Melissa Rycroft, who famously got jilted on national television by Bachelor Jason Mesnick, is rumored to be on her way to the dance floor, subbing for injured Nancy O'Dell on Dancing with the Stars.

A source close to the ABC reality competition tells People that the 25-year-old former Dallas Cowboys cheerleader, despite having only days to rehearse, will make her debut and perform live on Monday's DWTS premiere.

The supposed Rycroft-O'Dell swap comes on the heels of talk that Girl Next Door Holly Madison will step in for sidelined Jewel. ABC has no comment on either replacement.

O'Dell was to dance with Tony Dovolani, while Jewell's partner was DWTS newbie Dmitry Chaplin.

Should Rycroft in fact set foot on the parquet, it'd fly in the face of a statement she issued last week after getting dissed by Mesnick, and in turn declining an offer to be the new Bachelorette. "I'm back in Dallas, pursuing the teaching thing," she said. "I have ... decided to move on from my reality television days, and get some sense of normalcy back to my life."

Sequins and samba doesn't exactly add up to normalcy, but by all means, girl, strike while the pop-culture iron is hot!

Quote Originally Posted by BeckyQOC;3375740;
    just saw this on tvguide.com
    Well, the boards are a free resource to writers, and some of the best stuff gets stolen. I've never liked that, especially if they're paid writers.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

actually, my comment about poaching from the thread was from the part i posted in the bachelor spoilers forum... i don't think i've seen that over here...
    Last edited by Marleybone; 03-09-2009 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by peachapple;3374326;
    Source: Bachelorís Melissa Rycroft to Join Dancing With the Stars - PEOPLE TV Watch

Melissa to take over Nancy's slot on DWTS! Woot! Go Mel!

Who?????
    I don't understand why they would replace a well known name with a loser from one season of a reality show--this is as bad as having had Omerosa on "Celebrity Apprentice". And we are always hearing how real stars are beating down the doors to be on "DWTS"
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3376546;
    Who?????
    I don't understand why they would replace a well known name with a loser from one season of a reality show--this is as bad as having had Omerosa on "Celebrity Apprentice". And we are always hearing how real stars are beating down the doors to be on "DWTS"
    Frankly there are quite a few people on this season that I've never heard of...Steve O? No idea...I commend Melissa and Holly for having the guts to take this on with only a few days to practice.

Yeah - I had never heard of Steve-O either. My teenage-son had, but that will not get him to watch this show and I think its a stretch to think his audience is going to become regular viewers of DWTS. Maybe that's not the point, but I would think that's what they're trying to accomplish with such diverse casting.

DWTS is in the ratings game. The show was never really about A list celebrities to begin with. I think by putting in both Melissa and Holly, they are just trying to garner a wide, diverse audience with something to appeal to everyone. Obviously, not every contestant is going to appeal to every viewer. That is the reason why we have so many different types.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Who?????
    I don't understand why they would replace a well known name with a loser from one season of a reality show
    FWIW, she did another show on the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders. I didn't watch that one, but I understand she was a fan favorite on that show just as she became on the Bachelor. I think people will enjoy seeing her on this show as well.

hom
    FORT Regular

Who?????
    What "star" would sign up with 2 days to go?

+ Reply to Thread