+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

FORT Fanatic

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4109793;
    From Season 1, we've had people on this show who've had either some dance training or been performers. Hence, the name DWTS.
    And, it's usually been pretty entertaining, as a result.

If we just had a bunch of people like Kenny Mayne, Master P, Kate, Bristol, etc., I doubt that the audience would be there to watch.

..go back and look at the others they gave up by the second week and went through the motions......we didn't find that with Bristol....

I think the audience would be very involved in people with no dance training who really worked at it each week........to me the exciting part is seeing someone with no experience and through the work of their professional actually remember the steps, come out with confidence they didn't have before and nail it down the road......

To me to see someone who has danced even on a professional cheering team, or since childhood has been on stage in some capacity and come out like a pro the first night..has already jumped the rest of the group...and should be judged in a different manner.....and a different category....

Sports have the pros, semi-pros, and rookies.......and sometimes those rookies surprise the public as does the semi-pros competing with them.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Kenny Mayne was gone by the second week, and the judges were a lot harsher to P and Kate than they have been to Bristol. I don't think she should get a pass from criticism just because some people think she's trying and think the others aren't. P admitted he didn't care, and had he lasted past week 4, I wouldn't have been surprised if he ended up quitting. They had someone on standby just in case he bailed before the premiere, so it shows how much confidence the show had in him in the first place Whether Bristol qualifies as a star or not, and whether people think she's improved, is what this show is about, is trying harder than anyone, etc, is all a matter of opinion. I'd say no on all of the above, except #3, but she shouldn't be in the finals, imo. Other people come in with no dance experience, or aren't the Nicole/Mya's of the show, yet actually get better and can do better. I'm just ready for the season, and drama, to be over.

I'm looking forward to everyone's comments on Monday's show to see how Kyle did, and of course Tuesday to see Brandy (glad she's not going to do the freestyle), Kurt, and Audrina, as well as my favorite pros Kym, Chelsie, and Louis. Hopefully next season is Corky free, and that we get another non Hough/Ballas winner, but I'm not confident about that.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-19-2010 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;4109804;
    ..go back and look at the others they gave up by the second week and went through the motions......we didn't find that with Bristol....

I think the audience would be very involved in people with no dance training who really worked at it each week........to me the exciting part is seeing someone with no experience and through the work of their professional actually remember the steps, come out with confidence they didn't have before and nail it down the road......

To me to see someone who has danced even on a professional cheering team, or since childhood has been on stage in some capacity and come out like a pro the first night..has already jumped the rest of the group...and should be judged in a different manner.....and a different category....

Sports have the pros, semi-pros, and rookies.......and sometimes those rookies surprise the public as does the semi-pros competing with them.
    To me it's much more exciting to see a 50 yr old person or a 30 something person totally nail how to ballroom dance than a youngster whose body is still physically fit. When I was 20 I could do the splits...not easy but lots of us could if we were at all fit. Now at 50, no way! I can't even touch my toes even tho i am slender. So my votes all go to Jennifer now that darling Brandy is gone. Bristol SHOULD be able to nail these dances at her age (and she can't...they had to use seriously wierd music, costumes and dance routines to disguise her lack of ability). Not so for the older contestants.

I just heard on a local LA TV station (ch 9) that an envelope with white powder was delivered to the DWTS office at CBS Studios. The powder was determined to NOT BE HAZARDOUS. More news at 10 on what was in the envelope.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;4109818;
    I just heard on a local LA TV station (ch 9) that an envelope with white powder was delivered to the DWTS office at CBS Studios. The powder was determined to NOT BE HAZARDOUS. More news at 10 on what was in the envelope.
    Addressed to Bristol............... nasty message being sent.

All over a dancing show on tv - this is getting disgusting
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;4109821;
    Addressed to Bristol............... nasty message being sent.

All over a dancing show on tv - this is getting disgusting
    They didn't report on the addressee, but the idea of it, much less the action of it is completely disgusting.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;4109824;
    They didn't report on the addressee, but the idea of it, much less the action of it is completely disgusting.
    TMZ reported the who and that FBI/LAPD involved............down and dirty stuff - disgusting
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;4109827;
    TMZ reported the who and that FBI/LAPD involved............down and dirty stuff - disgusting
    Yep, I just saw this myself and came here to see if anyone knew more about it. I don't know why I'm surprised at this point, since some individuals have come utterly unhinged over this whole situation, but yet I am. Disgusting is right, CG.

From TMZ:
    Law enforcement sources tell us a powder substance was discovered by a member of the "Dancing" staff ... and sources connected to the show tell us a section of the studio containing "Dancing" offices was evacuated.

Multiple sources connected to the situation tell us the powder was contained in a piece of fan mail addressed to Bristol Palin.
    Emergency at 'Dancing With the Stars' Over Powder Substance | TMZ.com

Hopefully they find out who did it, and quickly.

Read the comments on the TMZ site. Most think she sent it to herself as a stunt to help her win. The whole thing is just getting shameless.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine2;4109832;
    Read the comments on the TMZ site. Most think she sent it to herself as a stunt to help her win. The whole thing is just getting shameless.
    I have to admit that while I didn't think she sent it, I did wonder if it were just as possible that some misguided soul sent it to try and create sympathy for her as it was that someone sent it as an actual threat. And just to be clear, I'm not classifying everyone who supports Bristol as a bunch of misguided souls. I just think that if someone were to try to create sympathy for her in such an unfortunate way, then that one culprit would be a misguided soul.

Though, of course, it doesn't matter who sent it. It was an extremely stupid thing to do and if they catch the person, he/she is going to be in a great deal of trouble.

+ Reply to Thread