+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Re: DWTS Media Thread

It's very sad when, instead of engaging with people who criticize you or disagree with you, you just declare them all "Haters". What a lack of self-reflection. It's all about mediocrity now.

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post, but here goes:

the rules on ABC.com state for the final two it is the judges decision.

"When the final two couples remain, the ultimate dance-off will determine who wins the trophy."
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TiaMaria62;4109185;
    These two statements could not be more wrong.

The producers and judges have no one but themselves to blame. The greedy short-sighted producers for seeing dollar signs (ratings) by casting someone completely against the premise of the show in the first place, and the idiot judges for consistantly week after week coddling her with gentle criticisms, and giving her scores continually 3 to 4 points above what she should be receiving.

Has she shown improvement. Yes. But not nearly enough to bring her close to the talent level of the remaining contestants. And worse than that, not enough to even bring her close to the talent level of the last 5 contestants that departed before her. They were all leaps and bounds better than her.

Is is wrong to hope that she just breaks her ankle this week and puts everyone out of their misery?
    I personally think the winner would like to beat her fairly and squarely. That is what I think is going to happen. Furthermore, I think that Bristol will perhaps go out at #3 and will not really in her heart be overwhelmingly brokenhearted as she has come further than she herself ever thought she could, and if Kyle does go into the final 2, he just might stand a chance of beating Jennifer. We have seen that story happen a time or two where the less naturally talented but more charismatic contestant takes the win.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Regular

A local Phoenix radio station reported this am- via a Chicago TV news report- that DWTS producers WILL be changing up the voting structure for next year. The judge's scores will count for 'significantly more' than the viewer votes.

This is my rememberance of 2nd hand info to start with, but, as I recall, this was reported to be a result of the 'Palin travesty' that producers are 'very upset over' and acknowledging that blocks of voters are adversely affecting the quality of the show.

Will look for more info and a link to post....if true, I may stay on board watching for another season.
    K-just went to the alleged source of the Phoenix radio station's info. What I read says the producers are NOT changing anything. Awww, I thought the news was too good to be true. And, on second thought, giving the judge's scores more weight would perhaps solve one problem but create another....as we haven't been enamored with their evaluations of the dancer's this year anyway.
    Last edited by Huskie; 11-19-2010 at 09:16 AM. Reason: more info

They don’t need to change anything – the way the finale goes, the voters choice actually holds less weight than in the weeks prior. The couples will dance on finale night and those scores will count, but the viewer won’t be voting – so in essence it’s as if the judges have 2/3s control over the outcome.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Click on any of these links and read the comments. Everyone wants to pick and talk about everyword put out by the Palins. The comments on everyone of these links are horrible. This circle never ends. Glad when the show will be over.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4109285;
    Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post, but here goes:

the rules on ABC.com state for the final two it is the judges decision.

"When the final two couples remain, the ultimate dance-off will determine who wins the trophy."
    That's where it'll get interesting. Last season, the first finale night, they really jacked up the leaderboard, with Erin and Nicole tied at the top, and Evan trailing them by either 2-3 points. The next night, with the ranking, Erin and Maks took 3rd. So, I do believe that the judges are strongly encouraged, after the votes are submitted to production, as to how to score. I'm sure that they also might have in mind who they want to win.

If it did come down to Jennifer against whomever, I'm pretty sure that Jenn wins. If it's Bristol and Kyle, then Kyle should win.

Again, I think it'll depend on the story they want to tell this year. Bristol and Kyle tend to grab bigger headlines than Jennifer right now.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine2;4109336;
    Click on any of these links and read the comments. Everyone wants to pick and talk about everyword put out by the Palins. The comments on everyone of these links are horrible. This circle never ends. Glad when the show will be over.
    As far as we know, none of the commenters has a family member aspiring to a national office.

When someone does, they - and their entire family and circle of supporters have to watch every single word out of their mouths, written words and all actions. One wrong word/move can sink someone's aspirations. Sad, actually, but a fact in today's world. The Palin brood is learning that the hard way apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskie;4109307;
    A local Phoenix radio station reported this am- via a Chicago TV news report- that DWTS producers WILL be changing up the voting structure for next year. The judge's scores will count for 'significantly more' than the viewer votes.

This is my rememberance of 2nd hand info to start with, but, as I recall, this was reported to be a result of the 'Palin travesty' that producers are 'very upset over' and acknowledging that blocks of voters are adversely affecting the quality of the show.

Will look for more info and a link to post....if true, I may stay on board watching for another season.
    K-just went to the alleged source of the Phoenix radio station's info. What I read says the producers are NOT changing anything. Awww, I thought the news was too good to be true. And, on second thought, giving the judge's scores more weight would perhaps solve one problem but create another....as we haven't been enamored with their evaluations of the dancer's this year anyway.
    If this is true, they will lose me as a viewer. I think the judges paddle should count the way it is now except for the finale. Let the cookie crumble the way it does. Otherwise you have last year all over again where the "ringer" wins because the judges crammed them down our throats. People want it both ways. When it's Bristol they don't want our say to count and the judges to count for everything, but when it's Evan vs. Nicole they want our voices to count and are mad the judges manipulated the system. Can't have it both ways.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4109315;
    They dont need to change anything the way the finale goes, the voters choice actually holds less weight than in the weeks prior. The couples will dance on finale night and those scores will count, but the viewer wont be voting so in essence its as if the judges have 2/3s control over the outcome.
    Then when a more "popular" person who is UNDERSCORED will go home. Evan anybody?
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

+ Reply to Thread