+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4108951;
    I disagree with this part of the article posted above.
    Had the judges actually critiqued her honestly and marked her fairly they might have cause to feel that the voting had made fools of them. They did that all by themselves when week after week they praised her undeservedly and scored her too generously.
    Absolutely right. If she wins part of it is on the judges as well. If they had scored her appropriately from the start chances are good it wouldn't have gone this far. They should have gotten a total score of 9 for the gorilla dance and I believe they got double that. That set the stage for the rest of the season.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

News - DWTS' Bristol Palin: "Haters" Are Trying "to Destroy" Me - Movies, TV & Music - UsMagazine.com

DWTS' Bristol Palin: "Haters" Are Trying "to Destroy" Me

Credit: AP Photo/ABC, Adam Larkey
    Thursday – November 18, 2010 – 8:53am

Comments (81) »
    It's been a controversial two days for Bristol Palin.

Even though she's consistently received the lowest judges' scores on Dancing With the Stars, she managed to make it to the finals next week. Ardent DWTS fans claim Republicans have spearheaded a campaign to keep Sarah Palin's daughter on the show. (One Wisconsin man was so disgusted, he shot his television when Bristol, 20, advanced.)

PHOTOS: Bristol's wildest moments on the dance floor

Then, Bristol and her younger sister Willow spewed a homophobic slur online to attack a schoolmate who was making fun of their family.

On her Facebook page, Bristol addressed both issues.

VIDEO: Watch Bristol dance in a gorilla costume

Of their derogatory statements, she said: "Willow and I shouldn't have reacted to negative comments about our family. We apologize."

She then took time out to thank her DWTS supporters: "On a nicer note, thank you for supporting the great competition in Dancing with the Stars!"

PHOTOS: Brisol and Levi - the way they were

Hours later, she added, "Thank you supporters who continue to support. The haters are already pulling out all the stops this week to destroy."
    'Dancing with the Stars'' voting system is secure against multiple votes fraud: ABC producer

'Dancing with the Stars'' voting system is secure against multiple votes fraud: ABC producer
    By Soraya Roberts
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Thursday, November 18th 2010, 3:36 PM

They survived the semi-finals while higher scoring contestant Brandy was voted off causing viewers to balk. The Tea Party may be overflowing with pride over Bristol Palin's "Dancing with the Stars" success, but don't accuse them of stuffing the ballots.

The conservative website Hillbuzz.org claimed to have cracked ABC’s online voting system by registering fake emails -- resulting in one person claiming to have voted for Palin 300 times in three hours.

But a big name behind the network’s highly-rated dancing competition aid this is impossible.

"It's possible to register lots of email addresses, but the IP address identifies which computer sent it,"executive producer Conrad Green told the Daily News. "If that does happen, we will wipe out [those votes]. We have a number of security checks to identify people trying to multiple vote."While he would not reveal specific details for "security purposes," he said that votes associated with texts, emails and phone calls go through a secure system.

Though a voter may try to use their landline and their cell phone to vote for one contestant more than once, Green said a breakdown of votes shows this is rarely the case.

An ABC spokesman added that an integrity report ensures consistency between votes registered by phone as opposed to email.

After being voted off "Dancing with the Stars" on Tuesday, pro dancer Maksim Chmerkovskiy told eonline.com that he the voting system was flawed because his friends in Philadelphia were not able to get though ABC’s phone lines.

But Green said this is just par of the course on a popular show.

"Local phone services get jammed due to volume, that's technical limitations due to popularity," he said. "It's just the nature of the beast but it affects everyone equally."

Since Brandy and Maks were eliminated on Tuesday in favor of the lower scoring Palin, ABC has been flooded with emails of viewers saying they are planning to abandon the show and that it's a "joke" and a "disgrace" that the teen mom is still competing.

One man in Wisconsin reportedly shot his television on Monday after watching the ex-Alaska governor’s daughter perform on the show.

But Green said there is no basis for the show’s recent controversy.

"There's nothing in the voting that looks dissimilar to previous seasons," he said.
    Referring to the bolded, I don't see how that's possible. They say you can exit out and use a new e-mail address once your votes are used up for one; so how does that stop someone from just signing in over and over again? How do they determine when it gets into the 'dirty vote' territory? I think, like Idol, they should wait until the show is over and allow more time to call to get votes in. Allowing half an hour after the show (and calling it generous) never made much sense.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4109113;
    News - DWTS' Bristol Palin: "Haters" Are Trying "to Destroy" Me - Movies, TV & Music - UsMagazine.com

Referring to the bolded, I don't see how that's possible. They say you can exit out and use a new e-mail address once your votes are used up for one; so how does that stop someone from just signing in over and over again? How do they determine when it gets into the 'dirty vote' territory? I think, like Idol, they should wait until the show is over and allow more time to call to get votes in. Allowing half an hour after the show (and calling it generous) never made much sense.
    What Green said above is not true. Most ISP providers these days use dynamic IP addresses which means anytime a user ends the session (like if you switch to a new screename (email address) in AOL which allows up to 7 to each account) when they sign back on they have a new IP address. No possible way for that to ever be tracked that I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticker;4108683;
    When Bristol beat out Brandi the other night, I think I heard quite a few boos in the crowd. Along with the shock + mumbling in the crowd, it seems the boos were there as well.

I agree that if Bristol ends up winning again and her dancing skills appear to be obviously not nearly as good as the others, I have to bet some money that the boos will get louder next time. The crowd is trying to be respectful, but when things get too obvious, they will not be as reserved the next time.
    How do we know Bristol "beat Brandy out?" Bergeron made it clear before the announcement that they were not necessarily the bottom two. Unless ABC does the unthinkable thing (being they haven't done it all season) and reveals the bottom two, we don't actually know who she was competing for spot #3 with. It could've been Kyle or Jennifer or it could of been Bristol. That is one of the problems I have with this whole thing with the media. Seems like every article has some sort of Brandy vs Bristol slant. It could have been Brandy vs Kyle or Brandy vs. Jennifer. Without a true bottom two, we will never know and ABC will keep that secret to their grave. I'm just sayin...
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Press release from ABC on Season Finale:Daily News Releases

SEASON FINALE

THREE COUPLES REMAIN...BUT ONE STAR WILL OUTSHINE THE REST,
    ON THE FINAL TWO NIGHTS OF ABC'S "DANCING WITH THE STARS"

Recording Superstar Christina Aguilera Will Perform

Eleven Couples from This Season Will Return to the Ballroom to Dance

"Episode 1110/1110A - After ten weeks of electrifying performances and shocking outcomes, Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough, Kyle Massey & Lacey Schwimmer and Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas have earned the right for a chance to be crowned champions of "Dancing with the Stars." Eleven of this season's couples will also return to the ballroom to dance one more time. The three finalists will have their last opportunity to impress the judges and viewers on two final nights of competition, MONDAY, NOV. 22 (8:00-9:11 p.m., ET), and concluding on the Season Finale, TUESDAY, NOV. 23 (9:00-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

In the final performance show on MONDAY, NOV. 22 (8:00-9:11 p.m., ET), each of the couples will compete in two dances. In an effort to show their improvement over the course of the season, all three couples will dance for redemption by re-choreographing and doing a previously performed dance chosen by the judges with new music for a better score. Each couple will also perform the unpredictable and always entertaining no rules Freestyle dance.

In the two-hour Season Finale on TUESDAY, NOV. 23 (9:00-11:00 p.m., ET), the thrill of the competition will continue as the three finalists perform their personal favorite ballroom dance of the season and will be ranked by the judges. In the final element of the competition on Tuesday, each of the couples will do an "Instant Dance" -- in which they will have to master the Cha Cha Cha to music they've been given for the first time after the show's broadcast has begun.

Also on Tuesday's spectacular Season Finale, multi-platinum, award-winning recording star Christina Aguilera will perform two songs. Aguilera's performance will feature a number from her show-stopping new film, "Burlesque," which will be released by Screen Gems, a division of Sony Pictures, on November 24. The soundtrack to "Burlesque" will be released on November 22nd on RCA Records and features numerous original songs co-written and performed by Aguilera, as well as production by Tricky Stewart and Linda Perry and songwriting by Claude Kelly, Tricky Stewart and Sia. "Burlesque" also includes remakes/covers of classic songs such as Etta James' "Something's Got a Hold on Me" and "Tough Lover" and Mae West's "A Guy What Takes His Time." Aguilera will also perform her breathtaking Grammy Award-winning single, "Beautiful."

Aguilera has sold more than 30 million albums worldwide, achieved four #1 singles on the Billboard hot 100 chart and has won five Grammy Awards, as well as three top five albums in the United States. She has collaborated with other legendary artists including Herbie Hancock, Andrea Bocelli, Tony Bennett, Elton John and The Rolling Stones. This month she will appear in her first feature film, "Burlesque," opposite Cher and Stanley Tucci. Earlier this year, she launched her new album, "Bionic," which featured collaborations from artists such as Sia, Le Tigre and Ladytron, as well as producers Tricky Stewart and Hill/Switch.

All of the frenzy and anticipation will lead up to the moment we've all been waiting for when the couples' scores from the judges will be combined with the audience votes to determine who among the three finalists will win reign as champion of "Dancing with the Stars" and take home the coveted mirror ball trophy.

Hosted by Tom Bergeron ("America's Funniest Home Videos") and Brooke Burke ("Dancing with the Stars" Season 7 champion), the celebrities perform choreographed dance routines which will be judged by renowned Ballroom judge Len Goodman and dancer/choreographers Bruno Tonioli and Carrie Ann Inaba.

Viewers may cast their votes for their favorite teams via phone on Monday night during and up to 30 minutes after the "Dancing with the Stars" performance shows. Wireless customers with AT&T may also text message their votes by texting the word "VOTE" to the number that corresponds to the team they want to support (message and data rates may apply). Viewers may also vote online at ABC.com - Official Site of the ABC Network starting from the opening of each episode on the East Coast. Fans may cast the maximum limit of votes for each voting method.

"Dancing with the Stars" is the U.S. version of the international smash hit series, "Strictly Come Dancing." This version is produced by BBC Worldwide Productions. Conrad Green serves as executive producer and Rob Wade is co-executive producer. Alex Rudzinski directs. "Dancing with the Stars" is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format, with 5.1 channel surround sound. This program carries a TV-PG,L parental guideline.

About BBC Worldwide Productions:
    BBC Worldwide is the main commercial arm and wholly-owned subsidiary of British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). In the U.S., BBC Worldwide Productions, one of BBC Worldwide's seven core businesses, is based in Los Angeles and New York. It is responsible for the smash hit "Dancing with the Stars" and develops scripted and non-scripted projects for U.S. cable and broadcast networks.
    Regarding the bolded, the judges/show will determine the winner.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Yeah, this is the first time they've ever done 2 dances just for the judges scores. So...yeah, looks like they'll make sure Bristol doesn't win and will do what they need to to offset her fan totals from the night before. The scoring will be very telling. I'm sure they'll let her down gently. Though it'd be worth it for the judges to really give Kyle his due and tell him they feel he's the most improved of the competition. I doubt he'll win, but he deserves at least that. I'm feeling good going into the finale. I have no desire to watch Monday, but there's no one I care about enough to want to lose/win, and it'll all be over Tuesday. Then I can agonize over the rumors and spoilers until next season.

I guess I'll say it's safe for Derek to keep a spot clear for that 3rd trophy

Normally I hate that the judges get anymore say after the first night of competition, as I've often wondered if that's the way for them to boost their desired outcome. Of course I've felt this entire season has been manipulated by the scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules;4109147;
    How do we know Bristol "beat Brandy out?" Bergeron made it clear before the announcement that they were not necessarily the bottom two. Unless ABC does the unthinkable thing (being they haven't done it all season) and reveals the bottom two, we don't actually know who she was competing for spot #3 with. It could've been Kyle or Jennifer or it could of been Bristol. That is one of the problems I have with this whole thing with the media. Seems like every article has some sort of Brandy vs Bristol slant. It could have been Brandy vs Kyle or Brandy vs. Jennifer. Without a true bottom two, we will never know and ABC will keep that secret to their grave. I'm just sayin...

Two Things: 1. The media, viewers, fans are not given the numbers and as of recently the official bottom two. SO, based on that in discussing the topic of the elimination we have to deal with what's presented. What was presented was Brandy & Bristol being the last two in the decision for elimination. Add to that what is definitively known, judges scores, Bristol and Brandy were the bottom 2 in judges scores. Add to that Bristol has been in the bottom or near the bottom of the judges scores for the entire season. While Brandy has been at the top except for in the Top 4. So, in discussing who Brandy was eliminated over most media, viewers,fans discuss what they were presented with and referenced, Bristol & Brandy in bottom 2 on tv and definitively in the judges scores for that particular week. Simple as that. If Jennifer had been presented in the bottom with Brandy and miraculously (lol), Bristol & Kyle had been at the top of the judges scores, people, media, would be discussing Jennifer beating out Brandy. However, item 2 below brings out why people would also still be definitely mentioning Bristol, and also a little Kyle even if that situation occurred.

2. Bristol, of the final 4, has been in the bottom or near the bottom in judges votes the entire shore. She has been viewed by many fans, professionals, and media to be the worst dancer of the final 4 and not far from the bottom in dancing ability the entire season. She has not been viewed by media, professionals, or even those voting for her to be the best dancer of all the dancers on the show this season or within the final 4. While Brandy has been viewed by the judges, professionals, and viewers to be one of the top dancers of the season and of the final 4. We're not talking popularity, personality, or absolutely best dancer. Merely one of the best and strictly dancing. So, when Brandy is eliminated based on how Brandy is viwed as a dancer versus Bristol, Bristol remaining over Brandy is a no--brainer to come up and be discussed. Even if you didn't have it presented that way in week 9 judges scores or in the final 2 standing there on tv. If the situation was reversed and Jennifer was in the position Brandy was and sent home, Bristol would come up for the same reason. If it had been been jennifer and Brandy standing there Tuesday and Bristol and Kyle were safe, Bristol & Kyle would come up due to how their dancing ability is viewed in comparison. If it had been Bristol and kyle presented as final 2 standing for elimination and Kyle went home, Bristol still would have been brought up. However, probably not as much because their is less of a disparity in their dancing abilities although Kyle is viewed better than Bristol. This is strictly dancing ability nothing to do with Palin name and hoopla. If it was Master P or Kenny Mayne on this season instead of Bristol and either of them made it into the finals over Brandy or Jennifer after being in the bottom for so long with their dancing ability, people would still be irate and going why is he still there and discussing it. Now, granted the political , polarizing ex-VP candidate, Tea party aspect wouldn't be there to take it to the exponenntail media levels that it's gotten. However, it would get to high levels of of media attention, irateness, and conspiracy theories just with a Master P or a Kenny Mayne beating out Brandy or 'Baby'. Bottom line even though there is popularity/fan vote aspect to it, most media, people feel there has to be some strong basis in actual dancing ability demonstrated on the show for there to be any credibility in the show. So, regardless of who was in the actual bottom 2 with fan votes once combined with judges votes, Bristol's name would come up against who actually went home this week, Brandy. In the eyes of the media and others Bristol has been viewed in majority to be the worst dancer of the 4 and of who actually went home. It would be the same if it had been Master P dancing next week. It's what people/media have to work with in what was supposed to be a dancing competition, in which fan vote numbers are not known, to discuss.

All I can think is how great Brandy's Cha Cha Cha was.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by nikkij_26;4108935;
    Insiders: If Bristol Palin Wins, 'Dancing' Is Ruined

The producers know they are in big trouble for sure."

And it's not just future contestants and viewers that the show needs to worry about. A friend of one of the judges tells me Bristol has made a fool out of all of them. It's now painfully obvious that the judge's scores and opinions mean nothing.

Insiders: If Bristol Palin Wins, 'Dancing' Is Ruined | PopEater.com

These two statements could not be more wrong.

The producers and judges have no one but themselves to blame. The greedy short-sighted producers for seeing dollar signs (ratings) by casting someone completely against the premise of the show in the first place, and the idiot judges for consistantly week after week coddling her with gentle criticisms, and giving her scores continually 3 to 4 points above what she should be receiving.

Has she shown improvement. Yes. But not nearly enough to bring her close to the talent level of the remaining contestants. And worse than that, not enough to even bring her close to the talent level of the last 5 contestants that departed before her. They were all leaps and bounds better than her.

Is is wrong to hope that she just breaks her ankle this week and puts everyone out of their misery?
    Last edited by TiaMaria62; 11-19-2010 at 12:32 AM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4109113;

You know, this heifer just needs to stfu.

At least Mark had the good sense yesterday (after he got bombarded by "haters" I guess, lol!) to sign off of his Twitter account until the end of the season.

Hopefully all these "interviews" and fake apologies for acting like a 12-year-old will distract her from practicing - not that that matters anyway.

+ Reply to Thread