+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Technically, they could still do their freestyle and not even add any time to the show. All the axed couples have to get up and dance one last time on Tuesday night anyway, so they may figure, hey, why not?

Personally, I'd like to see what Maks would have come up with, so I'm for it. But, quite obviously, that's up to Brandy and Maks (and the show).

Bristol Palin: Why I Deserve to Be in DWTS Finals

Bristol Palin is as shocked as everyone else that she's made it to next week's Dancing with the Stars finals -- beating out early favorite Brandy, who was eliminated Tuesday.

"I'm thrilled! It hasn't fully sunk in for me," Palin, 20, told UsMagazine.com after Tuesday's show. "I know we're in the finals, but it doesn't seem real yet."

The famous teen mom (and daughter to former Alaska governor Sarah Palin) said she knows that her final-three status is controversial, since she routinely garnered the lowest scores from judges. (One 67-year-old Wisconsin man was so incensed that he blasted his TV with a shotgun following the results -- leading to an overnight standoff with a SWAT team, the Associated Press reports.)

But Palin said she's not hurt by the skeptics. "I know I've worked hard to get where I am," she said. "I definitely feel like I'm the most improved dancer on this show -- so I'm comfortable with that."

Her pro partner Mark Ballas added that DWTS has a long history of "shocking" results. "It's not as crazy as when Sabrina Bryan went home, or [when] Joanna Krupa went home. Or Jennie Garth going home, or Mel B not winning... same story, different day, you know?" Ballas, 24, told Us.

Ballas added that the final three (which also includes Jennifer Grey and Kyle Massey) is a "good group" with "positive energy...no matter who wins, we're all going to be there hugging and shaking hands, having a great time!"

Tell Us: Does Bristol deserve to be in the finals?

News - Bristol Palin: Why I Deserve to Be in DWTS Finals - Movies, TV & Music - UsMagazine.com
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Her pro partner Mark Ballas added that DWTS has a long history of "shocking" results. "It's not as crazy as when Sabrina Bryan went home, or [when] Joanna Krupa went home. Or Jennie Garth going home, or Mel B not winning... same story, different day, you know?" Ballas, 24, told Us.
    He is mistaken. Palin being in the final three is absolutely the most crazy thing that has ever happened on this benighted program.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Last night on TMZ they had Mark comment on the Bristol situation and his response was – “if you didn’t vote, you can’t complain” – seems to be the company line this season. And by the way – a lot of us did vote, and I betcha the most of the complaints are coming from those of us who do vote.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4108602;
    Last night on TMZ they had Mark comment on the Bristol situation and his response was – “if you didn’t vote, you can’t complain” – seems to be the company line this season. And by the way – a lot of us did vote, and I betcha the most of the complaints are coming from those of us who do vote.
    I bet the complainers are voters too... after all, most of the complaints are coming from on-liners... which are all pretty much voters too... it goes with the "territory" of being a boardie
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;4108607;
    I bet the complainers are voters too... after all, most of the complaints are coming from on-liners... which are all pretty much voters too... it goes with the "territory" of being a boardie
    This philosophy is unsolicited and free of charge. The complaints, as always, come from those who choice or preferences lose out. It only makes it worse to have voted.
    Dear paranoid people who check behind their shower curtains for murderers, if you do find one, what's your plan?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;4108589;
    He is mistaken. Palin being in the final three is absolutely the most crazy thing that has ever happened on this benighted program.
    It's much, much crazier than all of the other examples he offered, though I can see why he may feel that way about Sabrina or Mel B. It's crazier simply because it's much stranger that she was ever put on the show in the first place, since the other contestants he named had established some kind of career/fame/notoriety for themselves. At least they might have been considered stars for something they'd done, as opposed to someone to whom they were related.

Internationally acclaimed Ballroom dancer and dance instructor Pierre Dulaine, who the movie 'Take the Lead' with Antonio Banderas was based on, gives his take on Tuesday's results show of DWTS:

Bristol Palin Advances On 'Dancing With The Stars'

NPR's Robert Siegel talks with internationally acclaimed ballroom dancer and dance instructor Pierre Dulaine about the results of Tuesday night's Dancing With the Stars — specifically about Bristol Palin continuing on to the final three. Dulaine tells Siegel that his immediate reaction after watching last night's results was to e-mail the dance instructors he works with. His e-mail's subject line: "Totally Frivolously WRONG RESULT!"

Transcript of audio interview:

ROBERT SIEGEL, host:

Last night, a surprising twist on ABC's "Dancing with the Stars." America voted off...

(Soundbite of show, "Dancing with the Stars")

Mr. TOM BERGERON (Host, "Dancing with the Stars"): Brandi and Maks.

(Soundbite of booing)

SIEGEL: That's right. R&B singer Brandi and Maks, her professional dance partner, had been toe to toe in the competition with "Dirty Dancing's" Jennifer Grey and her partner. But Brandi was voted off last night. Instead, Bristol Palin, daughter of Sarah Palin, moved on, despite having consistently low scores from the judges.

(Soundbite of show, "Dancing with the Stars")

Unidentified Man: Bristol's Argentine tango was precise, but lacked intensity, keeping her near the bottom of the leader board for the sixth week in a row.

SIEGEL: We thought that we would get an outside opinion of last night's result from internationally acclaimed ballroom dancer and dance instructor Pierre Dulaine. Welcome to the program.

Mr. PIERRE DULAINE (Ballroom Dancer and Dance Instructor): Thank you very much. Nice to be here.

SIEGEL: I should say that Mr. Dulaine joins us from New York. You watched the results, where were you and what was your immediate reaction to the results?

Mr. DULAINE: Well, I was at home, actually, watching television and I was so shocked. My words were: unbelievable.

SIEGEL: You were moved, actually, to email your dance instructors?

Mr. DULAINE: Yes. We have many, many sites that do our work, you know, for the children, and I emailed everybody. I said, unbelievable. Bristol Palin in, I just can't believe it.

SIEGEL: To a trained eye you would say it was unquestionable that Brandi had danced better?

Mr. DULAINE: Much, much, much better. With all due respect to Ms. Palin, I think she has done wonderful by staying in so many weeks and learning everything she learned, and she certainly improved from where she started. But as she said herself, she's not a dancer.

SIEGEL: As a dance instructor, what are you talking about? What are you seeing that says to you, vote that woman off the show?

Mr. DULAINE: Basically, I mean, she followed her partner quite nicely enough, I suppose, but her shoulders were up. She had a, excuse my expression now, I'm being very honest here, dull face many times. Smiling was hard for her. Her technique was not good at all. She just walked across the stage with the steps that were given to her, with difficulty. And certainly for me, not pleasant to watch, when you compare it to the other two ladies.

SIEGEL:You teach kids how to dance, and I wonder if you could give Bristol Palin some advice, since she's a relative newcomer to all this, and since she's going to be in the final anyway, what would you say?

Mr. DULAINE: If she does get through to be a winner, then I would be horrified. That, I would be even more horrified than last night. But what I would tell her to do, I suppose, is to try and relax. Her shoulders are up in her ears and to smile a bit more, to be natural about it. At the moment, just go for it, just enjoy it, just live the last few moments and, you know, go on.

SIEGEL: Pierre Dulaine, thank you very much for talking with us about this. Pierre Dulaine runs Dancing Classrooms. It's a program that teaches kids to dance. Dancing Classrooms was the subject of the 2005 documentary "Mad Hot Ballroom."

Bristol Palin Advances On 'Dancing With The Stars' : NPR

Love Pierre Dulaine!!
    Last edited by nikkij_26; 11-18-2010 at 11:24 AM.

DWTS' Bristol Palin: "Haters" Are Trying "to Destroy" Me

It's been a controversial two days for Bristol Palin.

Even though she's consistently received the lowest judges' scores on Dancing With the Stars, she managed to make it to the finals next week. Ardent DWTS fans claim Republicans have spearheaded a campaign to keep Sarah Palin's daughter on the show. (One Wisconsin man was so disgusted, he shot his television when Bristol, 20, advanced.)
    Then, Bristol and her younger sister Willow spewed a homophobic slur online to attack a schoolmate who was making fun of their family.

On her Facebook page, Bristol addressed both issues.

Of their derogatory statements, she said: "Willow and I shouldn't have reacted to negative comments about our family. We apologize."

She then took time out to thank her DWTS supporters: "On a nicer note, thank you for supporting the great competition in Dancing with the Stars!"

Hours later, she added, "Thank you supporters who continue to support. The haters are already pulling out all the stops this week to destroy."
    News - DWTS' Bristol Palin: "Haters" Are Trying "to Destroy" Me - Movies, TV & Music - UsMagazine.com

Here's the world's smallest violin, Pistol, and it's playing just for you. With that crack, she loses whatever sympathy I had left for her as a supposed innocent in all this. Now she's in the game.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread