+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Re: DWTS Media Thread

At this point, I'm fully expecting the Pistol to dance her way into the finals.
    The true shocker, for me, will be if she does get ousted.

For me, Piper seems to be the only likable one in the family.
    Perhaps DWTS will look to cast her next season.
    I'm already thinking what her byline might read?!!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I've noticed that Tom hasn't been very vocal on twitter about any "shocking" eliminations, which since Florence I think would mean anyone but Bristol. Saying it now would likely give it away that she's in the finals, but it could also be a red herring if he said that (since so many of us are expecting her in the finals).

I'll let Bristol live with her image on the show, but I still consider it pure crap that she's there. For me, she's no underdog, no most improved, and if she gave better dances last night than she has all season, they have to give her a 9 because her jive got 6s and her samba got 8s. So they can't score what's horribly her best at what was her worst. However, I think she's gotten too caught up in all the hype and story line of being the come back princess. I'm sure it'd be nice to think everyone's voting for her because of her, and because they love a story/contestant like her with no experience, and no real Hollywood claim to fame other than having the media spotlight thrust at you. Yes, I'm sure people are voting for her for those reasons, but I bet it pales in comparision to those voting for the reasons above. She got cast as a Palin, she's being helped along because she's a Palin, and she was stunt casting for ratings, and the show probably isn't happier as a result

Speaking of which, that's all you needed to do for e-mail votes? And here I've been going the long way around I've long thought that maybe eliminating the online voting would help against campaigns of popular pros fans and people like Bristol sticking around.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;4107010;
    Tom's Twitter account doesn't include any comment on whether or not there's a "shock" elimination -- not sure how to read that.
    Absolute braincramp! In a season of "shocking eliminations," the shocking part has now become the norm??? So is the shock that the shocker (Bristol) finally goes home, or will they stick with the norm that is now not shocking and have a front-runner go home, like Jen or Brandy, which, in the past would be shocking? Everyone, drink for every time I wrote "shock" or a derivation in those sentences

It's obviously stressing me out

P.S. Oh, and if Maks and Brandy do have the encore, is it a good thing as it has been in past seasons, or is it another setup for a Rick & Cheryl?
    Last edited by veg_out; 11-16-2010 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4106992;
    Should I even hope that the major media coverage of Bristol today, particularly "the voting scandal," is at all portentous of her imminent departure? Please?
    "voting scandal"? Are you kidding me? This has been going on for years and I even participated once, just for a night during season 8. You have to be commited to do that because it takes forever.

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;4107025;
    "voting scandal"? Are you kidding me? This has been going on for years and I even participated once, just for a night during season 8. You have to be commited to do that because it takes forever.
    Why did I not get the memo?! I coulda cheated for Maks ages ago!

Sarah Palin's Daughter Willow Palin Uses Homophobic Slurs | TMZ.com

Bristol and DWTS are mentioned in this article.

Commentary on last night's elimination including interviews with Brandy, Maks, and Conrad Green. Green is loving the Bristol Effect:

'Dancing with the Stars' eliminated contestant: 'I am numb' | EW.com

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4107028;
    Why did I not get the memo?! I coulda cheated for Maks ages ago!
    I don't know, but someone sent me a message on myspace when they figured out I was a fan of Tony/Melissa and asked if I would like to participate. I did, obviously to no avail. It was for the championship and I guess Shawn & Gilles fans had the same idea and were better at it. Of course, M/T were a couple of points behind them and Shawn won by less than 1% of the vote than Gilles. They were all good, so I don't think anyone was really upset at the end.

Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

'Dancing With the Stars' host Tom Bergeron: 'Brandy wanted it more than anything'

The initial shock of Brandy's "Dancing With the Stars" dismissal has yet to wear off, but as her partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy acknowledged during the show, there's no arguing with how America votes.

Zap2it spoke with Tom Bergeron the morning after Brandy's Week 9 elimination, and though he has seen his share of surprising exits in his 11 seasons, Brandy's still caught the host off guard.

"You get down to this point, and it's always going to be hard, but I was surprised," Bergeron tells Zap2it. "I would have thought she was going to the finals."

Bergeron generally knows about the eliminations beforehand -- other than during the finale, when he wants to be surprised -- and this was no exception. But that didn't prepare him for how the news was received in the studio.

"I don't think I've ever done this at the end of the show," says Bergeron. "I just said 'I need a hug.' Everyone was just standing around. No one knew what to do."

Contributing a bit to the awkward quotient was the judges' offer for Brandy to return to the finals to perform her freestyle... for fun.

"That kind of landed with a thud," says Bergeron. "I suppose it was meant with all good intention, but if I had just been stunned and found out I wasn't going to make it to the final, the prospect of busting my butt to do a freestyle wouldn't have much appeal. I would fully understand if they politely decline."

Brandy didn't comment on whether or not she was interested in returning with a freestyle, but it was clear during the broadcast that she was still digesting the news.

"I thought Brandy wanted it more than anything, quite frankly" says Bergeron, "which made it very hard."

We'll have more from Bergeron between now and the Nov. 22 finale.

'Dancing With the Stars' host Tom Bergeron: 'Brandy wanted it more than anything' - From Inside the Box - Zap2it

+ Reply to Thread