+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Mark Ballas: Why Bristol Palin Is Still on DWTS

She scores the lowest each week, but Bristol Palin may very well make it to the Dancing With the Stars finals next week (her fate will be decided tonight).

What gives?

Her professional partner, Mark Ballas, fills UsMagazine.com in.
    "The thing about this show is, you get people who come from an entertainment background, whether it's a sport, a TV show ... Bristol's not any of those things," he told Us after Monday's broadcast (where they came in last place with a score of 53). "She's not a TV star, she's not a singer, she's not an entertainer of any kind. She's the most normal person; sweet, down to earth ... like a friend you'd hang out with. I think people can watch and relate to that. So for me as a coach, to take someone like this - I've had Olympic athletes, I've had Cheetah Girls, Shannen Doherty, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Kim Kardashian ... this is one of my proudest moments, taking a non-dancer and turning her into what she is now."

Palin, 20, credits Ballas, 24, with being "patient" with her "through this whole process. He really did have to start from scratch, and I'm thankful to have him as a partner."

If she is voted off tonight, she told Us she isn't sure what she'll do (she was working at a dermatologist's office before starting the show).

"I have a lot of opportunities ahead of me, and I'm just blessed to be here now," she told Us. "After the show, I'll be spending lots of time with my family. We'll just wait and see what God has in store for us."
    News - Mark Ballas: Why Bristol Palin Is Still on DWTS - Celebrity News - UsMagazine.com
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;4106729;
    Because she's a poor dancer with minimal personality (and absolutely no personality in her dancing) and she should have left weeks ago.

add that to her ridiculously high scores and glowing comments from the judges for her mediocre at best performances.... that says "fixed" to me

and nobody can tell me it's because she's young... not the way they have no problem insulting the elderly... Buzz comes to mind...so it's not because the judges are known to be kind
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4106749;
    Wow, I guess it's even getting to Tom Bristol obviously has a huge voting bloc that apparently rivals the worst clunkers that had more claim to fame. It seems hard for the show to accept that. Maybe they're finally realizing that most of the Bristol-brigade won't be back next season after all?

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4106749;
    I don't think anybody expects to the cast to ever acknowledge that it could be "fixed" but the timing of her going this far in the show, when she was one of hte worst dancers this season, and the Palin family reality show coming out just doesn't seem like a coincidence to me... it's more like a political campaign IMO until Price Waterhouse starts looking after the votes, I'll remain sceptical
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

LOS ANGELES, Calif. --

Bristol Palin has survived weeks of low scores on “Dancing with the Stars,” and more recently, a barrage of criticism about whether or not she even belongs among the last celebrities standings – something she addressed after Monday night’s show.

“What do you want to say to them?” AccessHollywood.com’s Laura “Dish of Salt” Saltman asked the 20-year-old single mom backstage at Monday night’s “DWTS,” regarding her critics.

“Well, thanks for hating on me because that’s just going to [give] me more motivation,” Bristol said of how the haters have inspired her to improve by leaps and bounds.

“I’m blessed to still be around and I’m thankful for our fans that keep voting us through,” she added.

On Monday’s competition round of “Dancing,” Bristol and partner Mark Ballas got some of their highest scores of the season, including a 27 in the first round for a paso doble, the same score Brandy and Maksim Chmerkovksiy earned for the same dance.

“I was thrilled,” Bristol said of her first round scores. “I was so excited… They’ve never said that much positive feedback to us so it was good.”

Mark said their smooth moves didn’t come easily – the two put in some major training effort.

“We’re working long, long days and long hours as much as we can and dress rehearsal went really well,” Mark said, before turning his attention to Bristol and their last dance – a waltz to a song from the motion picture, “Passion of the Christ.”

“You turned into somebody else on that last one,” Mark told his partner. “You turned around and I was like, ‘Oh! All right! Game on! Let’s go!’ It really felt good. I was really proud.”

Additionally, the professional dancer revealed that it was his idea to perform their semi-final round waltz to a song from the Mel Gibson movie.

“John Denby is one of my favorite composers and that song is just so powerful and it’s something that I think both of us really believe in and we’re passionate about the music,” Mark explained. “It’s just moving… my favorite thing in the world is music and to be moved by music is just the most beautiful thing… and especially if you watched the movie, when that song is playing [over] the scene that’s happening it’s just so inspiring and so motivating. The song is just gorgeous and I’ve always wanted to dance to it.”
    ‘Dancing’s’ Bristol Palin: ‘Thanks For Hating On Me’ | Access Hollywood - Celebrity News, Photos & Videos
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

The media is finally connecting the dots: (yes there's a slight bias to the article but not as much as you'd think. there are links to the conservative activist sites all throughout the article)
    How Palin Conservatives Are Cheating The DWTS Voting System

It's been alleged that the Tea Party's "Operation Bristol" is keeping the teen mom in the competition. However, the real conspiracy is that her conservative supporters have figured out a way to exploit ABC.com's email-voting feature, allowing infinite votes.

While Bristol Palin denies any Tea Party conspiracy theories, there's no denying that conservatives have been pushing for votes for Bristol, using blogs and Twitter to start a movement. But what isn't widely known is the evidence—via message board comments on some conservative sites—that this mobilization involves fixing this (albeit meaningless) election through a technical snafu on ABC's website, which allows Palin's supporters to cast an infinite number of email votes:

Here's a hint: They don't have to be VALID email addresses to register them with ABC.com, there is apparently no validation process. The just have to be formatted like a valid email address, and you must use a valid zip code and a birthdate that makes you old enough to vote. I'm voting like a democrat, all night long…

No, it doesn't have to be a valid email address – I had one of my anonymous ones XXX@yahoo.com that I used, and then just did the sign-up process all over again with XXX1@yahoo.com and it worked.

Got my 80 votes in online…took 2 hours. I am beat

I only got 42 in, I have some catching up to do!

Lord have mercy, I voted for 3 hours online! I got 300 in.

It seems like it's working! Early predictions about the votes indicate that Bristol is the safest bet to stay in the competition this evening. Sure, it may seem like just a group of overzealous fans, but their larger message is not about an enthusiasm for teen activism or ballroom dancing, but rather, is a way to show the left that the Tea Party is a force to be reckoned with. One site wants to "make liberal heads explode" by urging Tea Partiers to vote for Palin, even saying that they "don't need to watch" DWTS as long as they vote.

You may not be a fan of the show or even Bristol but I firmly believe her continued success on the show demonstrates the power of the tea party.

Full article here
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

This is based on an unnamed source but considering Sarah Palin showed up on DWTS for the fourth or fifth time last night, it's totally plausible. What a crackpot mother who should be in her daughter's cheering section to attend college not uphold the family motto of hollow achievement through ignorance and poor performance. The Palin family mocks meritocracy in ways I never could have imagined in my worst nightmare.

Sarah Palin Has Her Eyes On Bristol's Prize

The self-anointed Mama Grizzly is reportedly "desperate" and willing to do "whatever it takes" to assure a Palin takes home the Dancing With The Stars disco ball trophy. America, it's time to start feeling sorry for Bristol Palin.

The 18 year old shimmying embarrassment with the overly handsy partner has received the lowest scores for the last several shows in a row but has yet to be voted off due to the mysterious invisible base of callers that keep voting for her. Could Sarah's media influence be pushing Bristol through?

An anonymous source (and you know how reliable those are) remarks,

She's become obsessed with it, as if it were the election all over again, except this time a Palin will be the winner.

Sarah is making it very clear that she wants Bristol to win.

This is her chance to get even and show all those Democrats that a regular girl with conservative values and common sense can win it all.

Using your children as proxies for fulfillment of dreams you never realized yourself is an excellent parenting technique endorsed by both Dina and Michael Lohan.

If these rumors are true, it's a shame that a young woman is living her life as her mother wants rather than as she wants (and that some consider her body to be open for public scrutiny), but it could also be argued that what ABC did when it cast Bristol in the reality dancing competition is nothing short of saintly. It seems to have partially occupied Sarah Palin for months, keeping her ambition split between ruining America and winning on a show with an outcome that doesn't really affect anyone. We can only hope that Willow is cast on America's Next Top Model by the next election. For good measure, it might make sense for The Bachelor to feature Palin's oldest son Track.
    Read more: Sarah Palin Has Her Eyes On Bristol's Prize
    Last edited by chrisg; 11-16-2010 at 06:54 PM.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Should I even hope that the major media coverage of Bristol today, particularly "the voting scandal," is at all portentous of her imminent departure? Please?

Tom's Twitter account doesn't include any comment on whether or not there's a "shock" elimination -- not sure how to read that.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread