+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;4099578;
    The rhumba is the easiest dance of the bunch to deal with in the insta-dance because it is danced within a dance hold. Derek, being in the lead, should be able to teach Jennifer the basic moves and then lead her through the choreography that he works out on the fly. The competitors that need to work side-by-side will have a more difficult time. I anticipate that the samba and the jive will pose the biggest problems here.
    Thanks for this info, DancingDad. I wonder if they're trying to screw Kyle and Bristol in the Insta-Dance. Brandy and Kurt have had a taste of the cha-cha in team dance, but it could still get messy.

Maks made a comment that, if they make it to the semi-finals (next week), that their final dances will be the AT and the Paso. What are the other contestants remaining dances? If I asked this question in the wrong thread, sorry!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by veg_out;4100072;
    Thanks for this info, DancingDad. I wonder if they're trying to screw Kyle and Bristol in the Insta-Dance. Brandy and Kurt have had a taste of the cha-cha in team dance, but it could still get messy.

Maks made a comment that, if they make it to the semi-finals (next week), that their final dances will be the AT and the Paso. What are the other contestants remaining dances? If I asked this question in the wrong thread, sorry!
    What a week that will be! I can't wait! After this week, Bristol has the waltz and paso doble left; Kyle and Kyle both have the AT and samba; and Jennifer has the waltz and cha cha. So, I expect Jennifer to have a more redeeming edit having an easy insta-dance this week, and two easy dances next week (at least for her; I've heard the pros say the cha cha is one of the harder dances to choreograph for). So that's 3 AT, 2 pasos, 2 sambas, 2 waltzs, and a cha cha, if I have everyone right.

I'm more than ready for this season to be over, but I realize I want it to keep going if Maks isn't back next time.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;4099870;
    Karina Smirnoff Is Engaged! - omg! news on Yahoo!

Don't know if anyone has seen this.
    Interesting!

Brad Penny was Eliza Dushku's boyfriend before she got together with Rick Fox. Small world!

All the best to Karina and Brad!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

mkp
    FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4099895;
    Hopefully this one lasts for her. Of course, Mario was 'the one' and her best boyfriend (she said this in an interview while dating her current one, after breaking up with Maks, and the fact that Mario cheated on her), and Maks was 'the one'.

I wish her the best, though I may not be a fan of Karina's, but I love watching her dance. I just hope she's not back as a pro next season. And I tend to have a hard time believing she showed up anywhere in public looking like her foxtrot persona that night.
    Unbelievable! This woman sure gets around. Makes me want to gag. Yesh!

This Penny guy is big and ulgy, yet he has apparently dated some of the most desirable women in hollywood. I tell you, the world just maks NO sense to me.

Isn't she the one who left Maks cuz she wasn't ready for marriage?? Is she going to be a runaway bride again this time??
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4100537;
    Isn't she the one who left Maks cuz she wasn't ready for marriage?? Is she going to be a runaway bride again this time??
    Some analysts (aka fans ) believe that Maks was Karina's rebound from Mario Lopez whom she dated for two years prior to Maks. Mario cheated on her, and I *think* they broke up the spring of '08. Maks and Karina supposedly began secretly dating the fall of '08 (around September?), and they were engaged by January 2009. They both did BTF in NYC together while Maks reportedly made the wedding plans. The date kept being pushed back, and while Maks said that he immediately wanted kids, Karina seemed less committal to the whole kit-and-caboodle. By September 2009, they'd both returned to DWTS and were ending their relationship. Though she was linked with Aaron Carter, it appears that Penny was her follow-up to Maks.

Many assumptions have been drawn about Karina and Karina/Maks' relationship which shall only be discussed in PMs

As for her and Penny, I wish 'em nothing but love (I did my best as a Maks' fan).

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4100537;
    I think Karina is a little too in love with the limelight-I remember when she and Maks were together, and out in public, she seemed to be looking for the paps and doing her best to make sure they knew she knew they were there. After the split, she seen out with some male friends (which led to rumors she was dating them), she definitely played it up in front of the cameras.

I've heard Brad has a reputation just like hers. I'll give her this, she seems much different than when she dated Mario.

Karina Smirnoff: Why Did She Break Previous Engagement to Maks? | Famecrawler

Interesting take on what I think might have been part of the reason of their break up (though it's all speculation). I'd find it even more strange that she wasn't ready for kids and marriage then, but wants to be married by January and have kids so soon now.
    Last edited by karalott; 11-08-2010 at 03:55 PM.

Shannen Doherty "Beyond Devastated" After Father's Death

Shannen Doherty is mourning the loss of her father, who passed away last Friday at age 66.

In a statement to UsMagazine.com, she says her dad -- who had suffered a devastating stroke last Christmas Day and was the inspiration behind her decision to do Dancing With the Stars last year -- was "the greatest man in the world," her "heart and soul."

"We are beyond devastated," she tells Us. "My dad touched everybody he met and even those who didn't know him personally. The world is a much lonelier place without him.

"He was loved, adored, cherished and admired. He was a fighter and stood strong to fight his health issues until the very end. He was smart, beautiful in every way and was my best friend and rock," she concludes.

"I love him with every inch of my being and cannot imagine life without him."
    News - Shannen Doherty "Beyond Devastated" After Father's Death - Celebrity News - UsMagazine.com
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Very sad news about Shannon's father. You could tell how much she loved and adored him. Thoughts and prayers go out to all of them during this terrible time. RIP.

+ Reply to Thread