+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: DWTS Media Thread

My mom likes Bristol. She doesn't vote (the only time I think she ever did was for Donny Osmond), but she enjoys the fact that Bristol has to work hard, train, and has something to prove over people like Jennifer and Brandy. I wouldn't put Bristol in the huge underdog improvement category like some other past contestants. I don't like ringers who could pass as the pros, but eventually seeing better dancers leave is tiring. Even some of my favorite two left footed hoofers I wouldn't want to see win. I don't think Bristol's fanbase is based solely on her mom's doing. It will be interesting if she makes it to the finals, and what tweaks the show might throw in to prevent her from winning. But maybe they want her to. I think that would be a huge turn off for next season, and I wonder what potential dancing celebs to be would think if they considered signing up. The fact that she hasn't been ousted yet makes me think the show isn't rigged, because I think she's got a fanbase to keep her in. How big remains to be seen. I wonder if the show saw a Rick boot coming by voting totals or if his dropped big time this week.

I think no matter what they might try to do - realease the phone numbers later, etc. - the results will be the same.
    It's totally like AI where they always boast about how many people vote.
    Obviously, that's going to result in a popularity vote and not a true talent vote.
    That the viewing audience actually gets it right sometimes is just a bonus and a total surprise.
    When people vote on DWTS because they feel that a "pro" deserves to finally win, you know it's got to be a popularity poll.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I think it's unfair Bristol has gotten this far and I'm going feel even sicker about it if she makes it to the finals.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Voguerista;4098397;
    I think it's unfair Bristol has gotten this far and I'm going feel even sicker about it if she makes it to the finals.
    But why is it unfair? It is true that she is not a good dancer, as witnessed by the fact that last week she got the lowest scores, but it is her fans who call in and keep her in the running.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Voguerista;4098397;
    It's not unfair. If the voters are the ones keeping her in, then the results are fair, because those are the rules of the game. I may not like it personally, but I don't understand the wailing and gnashing of teeth of those who think it's unfair.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;4098480;
    But why is it unfair? It is true that she is not a good dancer, as witnessed by the fact that last week she got the lowest scores, but it is her fans who call in and keep her in the running.
    To me nobody who has left this show was a "good" dancer...and because someone is still there they lost the chance to win.

Rick and Audrina would never have made it to the finals...and from watching this show most seasons Brandy or Jennifer will take the "prize"....

In the next few weeks it will be between Kyle, Kurt and Bristol... who will leave does not matter in WHAT ORDER they all can't compete with Brandy or Jennifer the two with a natural talent for dance.

Audrina was a good dancer. She should have been in finals over Bristol, Kyle, Rick, and Kurt. Unfortunately she just didn't have the fanbase to get here there. Bristol is the weakest dancer left and has been for weeks so it's a shame she is still there as her dancing and performace just aren't vg. Out of the men I would say Kyle is the best performer and Rick perhaps a bit better in his dancing but none of them are strong dancers or will be turning into a Gilles this season.

Quote Originally Posted by bibbitybobbityb;4098490;
    It's not unfair. If the voters are the ones keeping her in, then the results are fair, because those are the rules of the game. I may not like it personally, but I don't understand the wailing and gnashing of teeth of those who think it's unfair.
    For me, the part that's "unfair" in this is the ridiculous scores she's received from the judges. I think she's been overscored from the first episode.
    Fan votes only make up part of the total and I think if the judges had been more honest in their scoring of her fan votes may not have always been enough to bump her out of the bottom spot. I keep citing the Monkees week as an example, but imo, even if she'd danced it clean it would have barely qualified for a score of 18. She was all over the place in that dance and should have been scored accordingly by the judges.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4098611;
    For me, the part that's "unfair" in this is the ridiculous scores she's received from the judges. I think she's been overscored from the first episode.
    Fan votes only make up part of the total and I think if the judges had been more honest in their scoring of her fan votes may not have always been enough to bump her out of the bottom spot. I keep citing the Monkees week as an example, but imo, even if she'd danced it clean it would have barely qualified for a score of 18. She was all over the place in that dance and should have been scored accordingly by the judges.
    They won't tell us the votes for several reasons, and one, I think, is because it would not have mattered if she had gotten a 4 on the monkey suit dance; her fan vote would have been high enough to counteract the judges' vote that week.
    They want controversy. They don't want mayhem. Therefore, they don't tell us the specifics.
    (Sometimes, I think they don't tell us the votes because they fudge here and there "for entertainment purposes", but that is a issue than this one.)

I think you're right, it wouldn't have mattered.
    I can't remember all the other scores that week, but three 4's might have given her a low enough percentage of the judges total scores to the extent that fan votes could not make up the difference, we just have no way of knowing.
    None of that alters my feeling they the judges have overscored her almost every week. I mention the Monkees dance most often because for me they was the most glaring and blatant example of overly generous scoring.

I just realized we're in the media thread, perhaps we should have a thread for discussing the scoring.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread