+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac;4053505;
    Just watched a snippet of an interview with Tony at the OK Magazine anniversary party. I think it was on ET online. He seems very excited to have Audrina as his partner. He said she's never done ballroom but she has rythym (did I spell that right?) and that she is very driven. He said all he asked the producers was to give him someone that wanted to do the show and learn and he would teach them (veiled dig at Kate?) and that's what he got, so he's very happy. I really hope Audrina surprises everyone. I so want Tony around all season!

They also spoke with Hayley Hasselhoff and Holly Madison. The article mentioned a quote from Corky, but I didn't see him on the interview.
    Tony said in an OK interview not too long ago he talked to the producers about this upcoming season, and they knew how he felt. Tony's gotten the short end of the stick more often than most pros, but Kate was the absolute worst. I remember watching GMA when Kate and her partner were announced, praying it wasn't Maks, and seeing poor Tony sitting there like he was being held at gun point not to flee. I don't know much about Audrina, but for Tony's sake hope she at least provides more fun for him. I feel like next season Mark will get the contender to make up for having Bristol this season. I think that's a trainwreck waiting to happen. Maks is reportedly very happy, and Kym's having a lot of fun. She's always spoken fondly of Jerry Springer, so David is probably right up that alley for her.
    What are the rumors?
    Nothing major yet, just that Audrina has a crush on Maks, the Hoff is smitten with Kym, and that Brandy/Maks are getting pretty friendly with each other.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4053722;
    Tony said in an OK interview not too long ago he talked to the producers about this upcoming season, and they knew how he felt. Tony's gotten the short end of the stick more often than most pros, but Kate was the absolute worst. I remember watching GMA when Kate and her partner were announced, praying it wasn't Maks, and seeing poor Tony sitting there like he was being held at gun point not to flee. I don't know much about Audrina, but for Tony's sake hope she at least provides more fun for him. I feel like next season Mark will get the contender to make up for having Bristol this season. I think that's a trainwreck waiting to happen. Maks is reportedly very happy, and Kym's having a lot of fun. She's always spoken fondly of Jerry Springer, so David is probably right up that alley for her.

Nothing major yet, just that Audrina has a crush on Maks, the Hoff is smitten with Kym, and that Brandy/Maks are getting pretty friendly with each other.
    What ever became of Erin & Maks? At the end of last season they seemed pretty fond of each other, but after that I lost track of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47;4053734;
    What ever became of Erin & Maks? At the end of last season they seemed pretty fond of each other, but after that I lost track of them.
    Erin has been seen out in public with Evan Lysacek more than once since the show wrapped. Too soon to tell though.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4053722;
    Kym's having a lot of fun. She's always spoken fondly of Jerry Springer, so David is probably right up that alley for her.
    I would compare the Hoff more to Donny Osmond than I would to Jerry Springer.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad;4053752;
    Erin has been seen out in public with Evan Lysacek more than once since the show wrapped. Too soon to tell though.
    It looked to me like Evan had a crush on Erin during the show. I know they became close friends, but I don't know what else. She had the CHEMISTRY with Maks. They're still close. She has commented on Brandy as Maks' partner. I don't know if there's still the romantic angle. I hope so!

I don't know anything about Audrina, but my teens do. I think it's cute that she has a crush on Maks. Of course these young 20-something reality stars are more experienced than the rest of us! My daughter says Audrina's one of the good ones, "I... L-O-V-E... h-e-r"! She is also waiting to see The Situation. She's more excited about watching than I am!
    Stay tuned for "Dancing with the Dancers"!

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;4053585;
    The best way for Bristol to get out of her mother's shadow and get the conversation away from SP is to perform well on the dance floor. If she comes out on the first show and shows some real potential (and not just the judges saying it to be kind) and personality/likeability, people will start buzzing about that soon enough.

Since expectations are so low, it may actually work in her favor.

In the meantime, she needs to accept the fact that if not for her mother, she wouldn't have this opportunity. And the fact that part of the trade-off for getting outrageously overpaid is that people will ask you intrusive questions.
    There is no getting out of her mother's shadow -- everything the family does is orchestrated toward providing exposure for Supermom. You just know Sarah will be in the front row the first few weeks, and they will certainly do an interview piece with Mom working her busy schedule on the road, but always coming back to Alaska for dinner with her loving, agreeable family, then flying down to LA to cheer on her little girl.

If Bristol has dreams of her own "career" in public life (and I'm surprised she does, to be honest), going on DWTS isn't the way to do it. She can easily end up looking like a fool if she doesn't dance well, or gives Mark a hard time in rehearsals, or displays a Kate Face™ if the scores aren't great.

Most celebrities who go on the show to actually get involved and learn the dances and win or lose with grace and good humor usually do well and/or come off looking great. Those who go on with ulterior motives without thinking about the actual amount of work and commitment involved are exposed early on. I really wonder which camp Bristol will fall into.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Maks's first blog of the season:

Dancing's Maks: Brandy Is "Very Capable of Winning" - Celebrity Blogs | TVGuide.com

Their first two dances: Viennese Waltz and Cha Cha.

I'm curious how this show will fare this year in the ratings. Everyone I've read they talked about the Kate factor last year and how that led to an increase in ratings, as we all know. Even though they've cast some note worthy types this season, I don't know if anyone brings the notorius figure like Kate did They've got Bristol, which will help I'm sure, but I don't see anyone else. If it winds up being predictable the second week, that may hurt ratings, too.
    Last edited by karalott; 09-03-2010 at 01:31 AM.

Just for the record, I don't believe Audrina has a crush on Maks. She's dating Corey Bohan, I think he's a BMX biker? Anyway, I read an interview with her on Ryan Seacrest and he mentioned the whole her and Maks thing and she was like, "oh my God. The show hasn't even started, and this stuff is already being said?" or something like that. It's predictable that people would say stuff about her and Maks. He's the hottest male pro to most, and she's the "hottie" this year. Makes sense, but I don't see any truth to it whatsoever.

Broadwayworld.com is reporting that Santana and Daughtry will perform on the first results show.

I'm betting that we're going to have to wait until late next week to get the official photos of the pairs, because Karina and Jersey aren't supposed to meet until when, Wednesday? We'll probably have to wait until they take their photo and get them all at the same time. Sucks, but doesn't surprise me that they would want to release them all together.

Photo Flash: 'Dancing with the Stars' Reveals Rehearsal Photos 2010/09/02
    Last edited by RyMac; 09-03-2010 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac;4054126;
    Just for the record, I don't believe Audrina has a crush on Maks. She's dating Corey Bohan, I think he's a BMX biker? Anyway, I read an interview with her on Ryan Seacrest and he mentioned the whole her and Maks thing and she was like, "oh my God. The show hasn't even started, and this stuff is already being said?" or something like that. It's predictable that people would say stuff about her and Maks. He's the hottest male pro to most, and she's the "hottie" this year. Makes sense, but I don't see any truth to it whatsoever.
    Hey, just because you're dating someone doesn't mean you can't peek Of course I wouldn't recommend being public about it. Maks addressed it in his blog up above. I'm sure it does get annoying when the media runs with these rumors and turns them into reality (or tries to). There's one paparrazi photographer that always asks the couples who has romances. None of them are going to spill on the other, and it's their business if they want to spill on themselves. I can't say they help matters when they play it up, but in the end, I could care less. Even though I'm a sap for romance

Since the results show is two hours (why show?), I hope it isn't going to be where the couples perform a second dance for the judges scores only to kill time. I don't think it is, as they probably would have said so, but that'll make me think they don't have much faith in their cast that they have to have the judges try and save the ratings grabbers.

+ Reply to Thread