+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

FORT Fan

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4052828;
    At least we dodged one bullet this season (very brief article but you get the idea):

Rivers upset over DWTS snub | Celebrities | Entertainment | Toronto Sun
    Oh dear lord - and you just know she would have insisted that her evil spawn, Melissa, would have to be on the show also!

I would root for Kate Gosslein before I'd ever cast a vote for those 2 hags!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

That's exactly what I'm thinking. Trying to size up the cast and see what they'll bring to the table (without seeing them dance), the Hoff is probably good for comic relief. I'm excited Kym is back, and for her sake hoping he can shake it. I also hope he doesn't turn into the slimy old ladies man. Either way I'm thinking he's going to last awhile. He's well known enough and I think has enough current and nostalga factor to get him through. Of course I could also see him fizzling out.

This whole post was pretty funny and somewhat sad because it often points out the winner as well ( as if it is pre-determined ahead of time).
    However, I would have to disagree bigtime in one area, and that would be with "The Guy Who Will Totally Take Over The Show". This person lists the "Past Version as 'None'".

Anyone who watched the season with Gilles, knows that category selection simply...is...not...true. (And, I wasn't anywhere near as enthralled with Gilles as the majority of the board!)
    I think it depends on your definition, but I'd completely agree about Gilles. He came out of nowhere when everyone figured he'd be lucky to get past the first elimination (I don't think anyone with such little name recognition has ever done so well). I might also throw Emmitt Smith in there, and maybe even Ty Murray and Helio Castroneves. I don't think David is going to win, but he might win over a lot of viewers if he brings the funny and doesn't say 'don't hassle the hoff' every other sentence (who am I kidding). I just hope this David is better to Kym than the last one.

I was just about to come post that article, Kara! I too wonder why they won't cast Melanie Griffith...I think she'd be pretty good, and she is a star. And I sure do wish Stallone had said yes!

As far as Bristol's whining goes, if it is ONLY about not liking only being asked questions about her mom...well, I don't really blame her. This is something for her to do that shouldn't have anything to do with Sarah Palin. Granted, nobody expects that to really happen, including Bristol I'm sure, but if I were wanting to get out of the shadow of my famous/polarizing mother and every question that were directed at me was all about her, I'd probably get crabby too. I do hope it won't ruin her experience with the show.

Does anyone know when they'll release the pair photos?
    I'm surprised they wouldn't cast Melanie. She's very well known, married to Antonio Banderas, and would definitely fit into the roles they dish out every season. I also don't blame Bristol about being upset with the questions regarding her mom. She has to know it's coming, but this is her time and her experience, so I'm sure she'd rather not focus on her mom and what she's doing. I think she's very nice, but very nervous, and I wish her well. At least she's got her head on more straight than some other young people in the spotlight. Including her douche of a baby's daddy who has no justification for being in the spotlight and trashing the family who put him there.

I think the photos have been taken, so I'm guessing probably within the week, maybe early next week.
    Last edited by karalott; 09-01-2010 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RyMac;4053113;
    I was just about to come post that article, Kara! I too wonder why they won't cast Melanie Griffith...I think she'd be pretty good, and she is a star. And I sure do wish Stallone had said yes!

As far as Bristol's whining goes, if it is ONLY about not liking only being asked questions about her mom...well, I don't really blame her. This is something for her to do that shouldn't have anything to do with Sarah Palin. Granted, nobody expects that to really happen, including Bristol I'm sure, but if I were wanting to get out of the shadow of my famous/polarizing mother and every question that were directed at me was all about her, I'd probably get crabby too. I do hope it won't ruin her experience with the show.

Does anyone know when they'll release the pair photos?
    Yet the reason Bristol was picked is because of who her mother is AND that ABC hopes Sarah will be in the audience each week. Bristol really has no other credentials of her own.
    I don't think unwed teen mom (though now, former teen) or being on the cover of People magazine a couple of times are the reasons that ABC's Casting Team selected her.

I'm going to try and give Bristol the benefit of the doubt. But, I do have to say, were it not for her mother's fame / notoriety, she'd be nowhere near the DWTS stage. So, she should happily answer and smile through all the talk about her mama. Without her, little Ms. Palin would just be shoveling snow with a zamboni (sp?)
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe;4053133;
    Yet the reason Bristol was picked is because of who her mother is AND that ABC hopes Sarah will be in the audience each week. Bristol really has no other credentials of her own.
    I don't think unwed teen mom (though now, former teen) or being on the cover of People magazine a couple of times are the reasons that ABC's Casting Team selected her.
    You're absolutely right, but it's not as if Bristol could control that, correct? I'm sure that at 18 (17?) and pregnant she wasn't wishing for her mother to go on the national stage and run for vice-president, racking up points against their whole family from across the nation. It was the hand she was dealt. She's making the best of it, or so it seems.

It doesn't really matter. The point of DWTS is to entertain us. If Bristol does that I'll be happy, no matter who her mama or daddy or hairdresser is. Same goes for the rest of them. I'll even give the Situation a chance at first, even though at the moment I think he's disgusting.

Just watched a snippet of an interview with Tony at the OK Magazine anniversary party. I think it was on ET online. He seems very excited to have Audrina as his partner. He said she's never done ballroom but she has rythym (did I spell that right?) and that she is very driven. He said all he asked the producers was to give him someone that wanted to do the show and learn and he would teach them (veiled dig at Kate?) and that's what he got, so he's very happy. I really hope Audrina surprises everyone. I so want Tony around all season!

They also spoke with Hayley Hasselhoff and Holly Madison. The article mentioned a quote from Corky, but I didn't see him on the interview.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4053092;
    It seems like everyone is predicting it's Jennifer's to lose. I'm not sure why. I guess she had ballroom training, which negates the theory that they couldn't have had previous training in that dance genre. I'm hoping she's not as good as being predicted, but if Derek got another Nicole/Joanna/Lil Kim/Brooke I'm going to think he does have dirt on the producers. He needs a horrible hoofer. I don't care how old or young. I'll eat dust if he makes the finals and wins. I guess I'm one of the only ones who didn't like Jennifer in Dirty Dancing.

A somewhat interesting article from the producers. Given the names they've thrown out as people they wanted cast, I guess we dodged many bullets. Though I'm sad by some of the names who've turned it down, and wonder why they don't cast Melanie Griffith. Looks like we're probably in for many more seasons heavy on reality TV casting:

Who turned down ‘Dancing With the Stars’

And apparently, showmance rumors are already starting.
    What are the rumors?

Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe;4053133;
    ITA. It's a bit of a double-edged sword for her. If not for her mother, why would anyone know her name to even be given the opportunity to be on the show. I hope the attention she gets from this show doesn't glamorize being an unwed teen mother. I understand she had a bit role on a reality tv series about teen moms.

Given the payout for the experience, even if she does get eliminated the first week, the $125K is enough seed money to start up the coffee shop business she was talking about a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by moflan;4053581;
    ITA. It's a bit of a double-edged sword for her. If not for her mother, why would anyone know her name to even be given the opportunity to be on the show. I hope the attention she gets from this show doesn't glamorize being an unwed teen mother. I understand she had a bit role on a reality tv series about teen moms.

Given the payout for the experience, even if she does get eliminated the first week, the $125K is enough seed money to start up the coffee shop business she was talking about a while back.
    The best way for Bristol to get out of her mother's shadow and get the conversation away from SP is to perform well on the dance floor. If she comes out on the first show and shows some real potential (and not just the judges saying it to be kind) and personality/likeability, people will start buzzing about that soon enough.

Since expectations are so low, it may actually work in her favor.

In the meantime, she needs to accept the fact that if not for her mother, she wouldn't have this opportunity. And the fact that part of the trade-off for getting outrageously overpaid is that people will ask you intrusive questions.

+ Reply to Thread