+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Re: DWTS Media Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;4048097;
    Wow. That'd be a quandry. I love Jennifer Grey though she'd have a bit of an advantage. Pairing her with Derek would mean he gets yet another ringer. Boo!
    Boo is right. Why not let Derek have Kirstie,Florence, or Nancy? Oh no...can't have that. Give him yet another one with a dance background. The pros should just walk out if it happens again.

I'd love to see Jennifer Grey on this show.
    I prefer to see the former "stars" rather than the current reality "wannabees".:nono
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Because it's Derek, CA would probably ignore the lift, and praise the move as something so excellent and never done before.

I guess we can't argue now that Derek gets the young partners-but I won't be happy until he gets a Kate style dancing celeb. Assuming they are partnered that is.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4048179;
    Because it's Derek, CA would probably ignore the lift, and praise the move as something so excellent and never done before.

I guess we can't argue now that Derek gets the young partners-but I won't be happy until he gets a Kate style dancing celeb. Assuming they are partnered that is.
    It would be interesting if they paired Kirstie with Derek instead of Maks. That could be interesting to watch. Remember Derek playing drill instructor with Shannon and making her run up hills to improve her stamina?

I just want Derek with someone who will get him out early and who the judges can't sugarcoat. And no to Kirstie/Maks. I do like her and wouldn't object to her being on the show. But give her to someone else. I'll still wait for the confirmation. I'm trying to think back to seasons past and remember how accurate spoilers were. The season 9 cast spoiled themselves for the most part. I remember Aaron, Kelly, Debi, Ashley, Tom Delay all being out there. Last season Pam was officially spoiled, and because the pros met their partners before the cast announcement, everyone got leaks as to what connections people had (90210, AMC soap star, etc). Some of these people are rumored every season. I don't know if they've ever gone as far as saying they're officially signed, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I wonder if a certain celeb dropped out and they decided the replacement is a better fit with Lacey (which is probably what happened last season if the Audrina/Dmitry rumor is true).
    Last edited by karalott; 08-25-2010 at 09:50 PM.

I read on AOL today that Bristol Palin is going to be on and that she'd like to be paired with Maks. ugh.......

(What's the definition of "Stars" again??? )

Not Maks! Bristol's guaranteed to go far, but in no way will she win, and she'll probably end up dancing like crap. Give her to Mark. At least they don't butter him up and pretend he's God like they do Derek.

I'm really questioning how many of these names are going to turn out true. Last season the show really tried keeping a lid on who was cast, and was successful up until the final days before the announcement. Even then it was mostly speculation, because Cameron Mathison said an AMC star would be on (turned out to be Aiden), another 90210 alum (Shannen), etc. The show really tried keeping a lid on spoilers this season, so either most of these names are a red herring and used for pre-show publicity, or it's the real cast and the show thinks it's going to be the absolute best or is scared and getting public opinion early. Names are flowing too freely. For me, if even half the list turns out to be true, it's going to suck. Can't pick the winner yet from who's been rumored. I like Brandy and David Hasselhoff, and am excited for Kurt Warner. But if we get through the cast names and we start seeing a lot of these faces, it's going to be depressing. The pros are all meeting their partners this weekend, so we might here/see more through the grapevine. Only pros who haven't yet officially confirmed being on (or not) have been Edyta, Alec, Louis, and Anna T. If there's 12 couples, going with the other pros, I think they're in, unless a newbie pops up.

Also from Cheryl's latest tweet, sounds like she's definitely in. Hoping in the spring, finally, she, Derek, and Mark are out (along with Lacey and Karina). I don't want Jonathan brought back only when they have a Macy Gray type they want out first again.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-27-2010 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4049586;
    Not Maks! Bristol's guaranteed to go far, but in no way will she win, and she'll probably end up dancing like crap. Give her to Mark. At least they don't butter him up and pretend he's God like they do Derek.

I'm really questioning how many of these names are going to turn out true. Last season the show really tried keeping a lid on who was cast, and was successful up until the final days before the announcement. Even then it was mostly speculation, because Cameron Mathison said an AMC star would be on (turned out to be Aiden), another 90210 alum (Shannen), etc. The show really tried keeping a lid on spoilers this season, so either most of these names are a red herring and used for pre-show publicity, or it's the real cast and the show thinks it's going to be the absolute best or is scared and getting public opinion early. Names are flowing too freely. For me, if even half the list turns out to be true, it's going to suck. Can't pick the winner yet from who's been rumored. I like Brandy and David Hasselhoff, and am excited for Kurt Warner. But if we get through the cast names and we start seeing a lot of these faces, it's going to be depressing. The pros are all meeting their partners this weekend, so we might here/see more through the grapevine. Only pros who haven't yet officially confirmed being on (or not) have been Edyta, Alec, Louis, and Anna T. If there's 12 couples, going with the other pros, I think they're in, unless a newbie pops up.

Also from Cheryl's latest tweet, sounds like she's definitely in. Hoping in the spring, finally, she, Derek, and Mark are out (along with Lacey and Karina). I don't want Jonathan brought back only when they have a Macy Gray type they want out first again.

Do you think they will be meeting Saturday, due to the Emmy hubub on Sunday?

The show premieres Sept 20 right?? So doesn’t that mean all the players have been selected and paired up with their partners??
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Kate and her Paparazzi costume had one more day in the sun just now -- she wore it during the opening number of the Emmys. She got to sing and dance with Jimmy Fallon, Tina Fey, Jon Hamm, the cast of Glee, Betty White, Joel McCrea, and Jorge Garcia from Lost!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread