+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree504Likes

Thread: DWTS Media Thread

Re: DWTS Media Thread

'Dancing With the Stars': Let's brainstorm a dream cast for season 11!
    by Annie Barrett

In a stunning marriage of the skanky and the sparkly, ABC will announce the season 11 cast of Dancing With the Stars during Aug. 30′s episode of Bachelor Pad. (Skanky and sparkly are not mutually exclusive, of course.) It’ll be a creepy mass wedding co-sponsored in part by Macy’s and Valtrex. What a fun, sexy time for trashy reality TV!

As usual, ABC will not leak anything before the announcement, even if I lovingly prod the DWTS publicists through the Internet with my fringed magic wand. But here are some rumored season 11 hoofers anyway: Newly engaged Bachelorette “stars” Ali and Roberto (they deny it), Jersey Shore‘s The Situation, former NFL quarterback Kurt Warner. Troy Aikman said he would appear on the show but he was just joking; who would do such a thing? Capt. Sig Hansen from Deadliest Catch would totally do it, but he’s supposed to be at sea. Meanwhile, Real Housewife/recent pauper Teresa Giudice Tweeted that she was “thinking about” doing the show, but that’s almost as meaningless as me announcing that I’m back into Hawaiian Punch.

Compare and contrast. We all have crazy thoughts sometimes!

People I’d like to see on ‘DWTS’: They might be long shots, but let me have my fantasies! Elizabeth Berkley because she’s a natural showgirl and every season needs a “ringer.” Brain Austin Green unless he’s too busy guesting on Desperate Housewives. Lindsay Lohan fulfilling some sort of court-appointed disco fever requirement. Leonard Nimoy as the token old guy. And Charles Barkley because he’s funny and seems to think he was perhaps miscast in the universe as primarily an athlete instead of a TV star.

Danielle Staub reportedly just got sacked from Bravo, so I’d rather see her than RHONJ castmate Teresa. I know Danielle is totally heinous in every way under the sun/chandelier, but as a person who recaps the show, it’s actually more fun when the cast includes a nationally detested attention s’more a la Kate Gosselin. Tila Tequila: same reason. Kara DioGuardi because she likes to rip off her clothes. Betty White as long as she gets a limited range of motion and a 10-point handicap. But not really. I want her to live, damnit!
    Finally, I understand that Sig Hansen is too busy to bother with this unless DWTS ever does a summer season (nooooooo!), but I do wish he would drop everything this fall and piss away his crew’s seasonal livelihood for his own chance to win a hardened knob of glitter. As EW’s Deadliest Catch recapper Mandi Bierly just said, “He pushes his crew to the brink on the Bering Sea, so it would be awesome to watch him push himself on the ballroom floor.”
    Who’s in your Dancing With the Stars dream cast? Do you agree with EW readers Veronica and Lola that “if there is any representation of NJ (either show), I won’t be watching”?
    'Dancing With the Stars': Let's brainstorm a dream cast for season 11! | EW.com
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I wouldn't not watch, but would be disappointed (and feel even more sorry for whoever got The Situation than I did for Tony getting Kate) if he wound up being on. Since the rumor of Hills alum Audrina not taking part in the show last season was because MTV said no, I can hope the same applies to that walking hazard. If this is an attempt to snag younger viewers, ABC needs to hang it up. It's not going to happen. I'm really just over the stunt casting of celebs who aren't going to care about the process or their poor partner, and are doing it just because they feel everyone's in love with them.

I don't watch any Real Housewives series, but would give a there, too. I'd be surprised to see them cast 4 reality TV "stars". That's scrapping the bottom of the barrel if you ask me.

And whether this means anything or not, Melissa Rycroft must know something as she said we'll be shocked as to who's on the show this season. Could just be aimless hype by ABC or someone she's impressed with but will leave us wondering where the big name is.

These are the names I've heard rumored to be on show:

Kurt Warner
    Female Jockey
    Nikki Blonsky
    Jennifer Love Hewitt
    Ali Fedotowsky
    Roberto Martinez
    Ryan O'Neal
    Johnny Weir
    Nastia
    The Situation
    Teresa Guidice

Who have you heard? Maybe we can have one master list. lol

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

As usual, I completely disagree with 99% of People's choices. In fact, the only one I'd be behind would be Miss Piggy (just not with Corky-please keep him far, far away from the show). I'm terrified The Situation will show up this season, but please don't put that sleaze with Chelsie. No to a Landon/Cheryl pairing. I wouldn't mind seeing Cheryl sit out this season, or at the very least get an early exit. I'm bored by her and would like to see some of the other female pros do well with a good partner for a change (I know she's had Wayne and Tom, but she's also had Emmitt, Drew, Gilles, Chad, and Cristian, along with decent finishes with Maurice and Ian).

And another no to giving Tony the oldest female in the cast. After Kate, he deserves first dibs on the ringiest ringer they cast this season.

I'd love to see Magic Johnson on the show. Wouldn't mind David Hasselhoff either.
    I'd be very happy if they sat out Cheryl, Karina, Lacey and Louis this season, also.

Does anyone else have Time Warner Cable out there?
    They keep running ads that TWC will no longer be showing ABC and its affiliates as of beg. of September.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Really? I may have to cancel my subscription then. I don't watch much on NBC so of course it couldn't be that network Typically, they make deals with whoever they're having issues with in terms of rate hikes, but that's good to know. Is that for certain areas or in general? I've been seeing ads for the roll over or get tough, but don't really pay attention.

I love Louis so would hope to have him back. Karina, Cheryl, Lacey, Derek, and Mark I can use the break from.

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;4042920;
    I love Louis so would hope to have him back. Karina, Cheryl, Lacey, Derek, and Mark I can use the break from.
    I could stand a permanent break from those you listed. I'm also not a huge fan of Dmitry. Probably because I didn't see him on SYTYCD, but I also didn't like his atitude with Holly Madison. I'm not a fan of hers but he seemed rude when he was paired with her as a substitute.
    Damien was a new pro that I'd love to keep around. Chelsie has been a breath of fresh air and a great addition. Other than those two and getting rid of the five you mentioned above, my ideal pro line-up would be the ones who have been with the show for a while: Maks, Kym, Tony, Edyta, Alec, Anna T, Jonathan, Ashly and Louis. (With an occasional Julianne and Cheryl thrown in!)

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;4042934;
    I could stand a permanent break from those you listed. I'm also not a huge fan of Dmitry. Probably because I didn't see him on SYTYCD, but I also didn't like his atitude with Holly Madison. I'm not a fan of hers but he seemed rude when he was paired with her as a substitute.
    Damien was a new pro that I'd love to keep around. Chelsie has been a breath of fresh air and a great addition. Other than those two and getting rid of the five you mentioned above, my ideal pro line-up would be the ones who have been with the show for a while: Maks, Kym, Tony, Edyta, Alec, Anna T, Jonathan, Ashly and Louis. (With an occasional Julianne and Cheryl thrown in!)
    I'd probably miss Cheryl after awhile (and I hate admitting it, but Derek, too-just tired of him, the judges love obsession, and being made out like he turned Nicole into that good of a dancer). But Lacey's been my least favorite edition and could care less to see her back. I thought she had an attitude with Mark, and am not crazy about her in general. Same with Karina. I could take or leave Dmitry. Like you, I thought he had an attitude where Holly was concerned. For his first season and originally being paired with Jewel, who likely would have gone much further than some other veteran pros got, he really didn't have room to pout. And I was left unimpressed with him and Mya. He's good eyecandy, but I have Maks for that, and he brings more to the table

Chelsie has probably been my favorite addition since Julianne. She's young, fresh, creative, and unique, and has such a great, bubbly personality with her partners. The show would lose something without her. I liked Damian too, for the same reasons, even if he and Pam looked like an odd couple. They performed on the Aussie version of DWTS this season. I agree completely with your line up, and would toss Julianne in over Cheryl. I really hope one of the long time pros takes the trophy this year. They've worked so hard, been dealt some of the worst partners, and it's probably frustrating to have the mirrorball stay within the same three people for 6 seasons.
    Last edited by karalott; 08-19-2010 at 07:21 PM.

Karina will be on Bio's Celebrity Ghost Stories tomorrow night at 9 pm (with frequent re-runs). She already appeared in one edition last week (along with DWTS alum Paulina Porizkova). Karina's first episode was about a spiritual visit from her deceased grandmother.

YouTube - Celebrity Ghost Stories-S2E04 5/5
    ETA: Here's the clip of Karina's first episode
    Last edited by karalott; 08-21-2010 at 01:20 AM.

+ Reply to Thread