+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: 10/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Re: 10/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6;2604883;
    I think the judges are critical of Floyd because he doesn't look like he's working on becoming more polished. The lack of toe point and the super stiff trapezius muscle are driving me C R A Z Y!!! Also, his musicality doesn't compare with many of the other stars.
    I wonder if Karina is working with him on this. Shouldn't she be putting that thing on him that MAKES him use proper posture?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2605214;
    This is what I get from him each week, also. It's very uncomfortable to watch him and Karina because they aren't working together -- she's doing her thing, he's doing his thing, now and then they'll come together for a turn or something, then they're each on their separate ways once again. Although he did finally smile some during his dance last night, he usually has a pained, intense, confused look on his face, and he doesn't appear to be having any fun. The poor posture just adds to that. He's uncomfortable to watch.
    You really summed this team up, Nemeses. The first week they were painful to watch. The last two weeks they were watchable because footwork was the focus and that and stamina are his only assets.

I hope they don't hire Karina on for another season. She will always showcase herself in the choreography and minimize her partner's role or just push them through the dance with little or no guidance.

There is nothing that will get the judges turned against you like not putting 100% effort into this competition. Floyd set the tone on week one and even though he apologized to Karina and has worked harder since then, a bad first impression is hard to override.

Loved seeing Karina dance to Seals song, very beautiful to see the extensions and what she can really do with the right partner.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The thing I like most about this show is that I feel no need to watch the results show! I can always get the pertinent info from here, or other media.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Luvstruck;2606868;
    Loved seeing Karina dance to Seals song, very beautiful to see the extensions and what she can really do with the right partner.

I loooooooooved Karina and Max's dance last night too.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Link Here

Dancing with the Stars Backstage Report: No Pain, No Gain by Deborah Starr Seibel

Every Monday and Tuesday night, Dancing with the Stars' head costume designer stands at the back of the studio audience waiting for the show to begin. It's his reward to himself for making it through another grueling week. He needs to see his staff's original creations come to life as the stars and pros enter the ballroom down the twin twinkling staircases. Conception, design, manufacture and fitting of these highly technical dance garments all happen in the space of five short days. Major adjustments happen within hours of the show. The colors, fabrics, feathers and Swarovski crystals all have to be just right. "I have to be here," says Randall Christensen. "It's like watching my babies being born."

But on this Monday night, he's already seen something that took his breath away: Jane Seymour, in dress rehearsal, performing the tango. "She is a phenomenal professional," says Christensen, who designed her dress working in concert with Seymour's assistant. Seymour, who just lost her mother a week ago, has been away in England attending the funeral and, at the same time, somehow preparing to dance again. "She's exhausted, jet lagged and emotionally tired," says Christensen. "But when you saw that dress rehearsal? You would never know. She looked great when she was out there performing."

There was a lot of pain emotional and physical coming to the surface on Monday night. Two-time Indy 500 race driver Helio Castroneves hurt his foot and his knee on Wednesday and limped out of the ballroom. "I'm taped up everywhere," says Castroneves, showing off thick Ace bandages under his tux.

Billionaire Mark Cuban, who has become this season's Incredible Shrinking Celebrity, with a weight loss so far of 25 pounds, says the jive was a wicked test of an artificial hip that was installed at the end of June. "This is the first dance that actually made me nervous," says Cuban, who plans to spend Tuesday icing and resting. "There were moments when it was really bad. I mean, I'm OK now because the adrenaline's still flowing, but I'll be in pain tomorrow." His pro partner, Kym Johnson, is obviously concerned. "I was really worried about the jive," says Johnson. "Because it's such a demanding dance. And if Mark does too much, he might end up back in surgery and have to have the hip replaced again." How does Cuban's doctor feel about his recovery? "I won't let my doctors watch the show," says Cuban, who spends 30 minutes every morning in physical therapy, stretching, before beginning six long hours of rehearsal every day with Johnson.

Don't think the pros are immune to injury. Johnson says she was in Dallas last week when she ended up on the Dallas Mavericks' training table getting her ankle looked at. Cuban owns the team. "He's the one with the hip replacement, and I was the one sitting on that table," says Johnson, laughing. "I did something to my ankle and it was all swollen. I think I had a little bit of tendonitis. So Casey, the trainer for the Mavericks, helped me out."

Cuban loved it, because it offered a welcome diversion for his team. "All these guys come in from practice, walk into the locker room, and there's Kym laying on the training table!" Cuban says he has profound respect for the women who ballroom dance in heels. "I can't even imagine the pain that she's in," he says. "I couldn't do this in heels. A lot of times, during practice, she'll say, 'I have to take these off.'"

Marie Osmond is another celebrity who won't let pain be her master. But don't think it's not there. When Osmond performed the big finish to her tango, with her right leg pointed straight to the sky, she said, "This dance is a labor of love and I need an epidural," laughing. After the show, she's thinking about another medication. "Ibuprofen is a beautiful thing." For Osmond, it's all about soldiering through, conquering what she calls "getting stale." Then she smiles. "I gave it everything I had."

But there was wonderful pain relief for Jennie Garth, who attacked the dance floor as if she were beating a sworn enemy. Garth and her pro partner, Derek Hough, took a spill at the end of their lovely routine the week before. Garth was mortified. "There were so many times during the week when I just didn't want to dance," she says. "The frustration and the anxiety, I was really freaked out and overwhelmed. I just wanted to go home and hide in my bed and be with my children and not come out." But when she mastered the tango and got a standing ovation, the strain disappeared from her face. "I pounded it out," says Garth. "It was a true test of my character."
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Thanks bama

The backstage reports are a highlight of the week for me.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Thanks Bama... me too! Love this kind of insight.
    Tahoe bound....

+ Reply to Thread