+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 10/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 10/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

My heart goes out to Jane, thought she did very well.
    Thought Helio & Julianne should have gotten better scores.They are my favorites.

I don't understand why Floyd gets such low scores. I loved his performance tonight.

It doesn't seem to me that his mistakes are significantly more glaring than those of some of the other participants, yet the judges consistently score him much lower.

Can someone explain to me what was so wrong with his dancing tonight that he got lower scores than Wayne Newton (or close to, anyway)?
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Newbie

I thought I was the only that noticed the Judges of very hard and critical of Floyd. Every week they are NOT showing him any love!!!!! I don't want to say they are treating him that way because of the color of his skin. However their corrective criticisms of all the other celebrity dances are much more kinder and gentler, huh! Even as bad as Wayne and Mark are the Judges are much nicer them!!!
    And how can they justify given Jane the same scores as the best celebrity dancer Sabrina.

FORT Newbie

I missed a lot of the show tonight can someone out there give the all scores and rankings. Thanks

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by foxy1953;2604682;
    I missed a lot of the show tonight can someone out there give the all scores and rankings. Thanks
    I may be off here so someone correct me where I'm wrong:

27: Jane/Tony, Sabrina/Mark, Mel B/Maks
    26: Jennie/Derek, Marie/Jonny
    24: Julianne/Helio
    23: Cameron/Edyta
    21: Floyd/Karina
    20: Mark/Kym
    18: Wayne/Cheryl

Tomorrow should be interesting, but I think any of the bottom 3 deserve to get the boot.

I liked Sabrina The best tonight. I like Floyd also. it bugs that he tries hard, gives it his all and gets low scores. I wish they had the cajones to actually give Wayne a true evaluation of his dancing skills.

Quote Originally Posted by foxy1953;2604674;
    I don't want to say they are treating him that way because of the color of his skin.
    I seriously doubt the color of his skin had anything to do with the scoring. It didn't affect Jerry, Layla, Monique, or Emmitt in the past with the same judges.

Anyways, I think its more a case of them not liking Karina. The producers evidently like her enough to keep asking her back but I don't think that liking goes much past that level.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2604855;
    I seriously doubt the color of his skin had anything to do with the scoring. It didn't affect Jerry, Layla, Monique, or Emmitt in the past with the same judges.

Anyways, I think its more a case of them not liking Karina. The producers evidently like her enough to keep asking her back but I don't think that liking goes much past that level.

It has not had any effect on Mel B either. There are participants of many ethnic backgrounds on the show.

Why would you say the judges dislike Karina (sp?)? She did very well when she was paired with Mario.

I think the judges are critical of Floyd because he doesn't look like he's working on becoming more polished. The lack of toe point and the super stiff trapezius muscle are driving me C R A Z Y!!! Also, his musicality doesn't compare with many of the other stars.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2604867;
    It has not had any effect on Mel B either. There are participants of many ethnic backgrounds on the show.

Why would you say the judges dislike Karina (sp?)? She did very well when she was paired with Mario.
    I don't know what their deal is. I thought maybe it was race, but then I remembered how they've fawned over Emmitt, Layla and others. Can't be because of his sport, because they've been nice to other boxers, too. All I can make of it is that he's too "street" for their taste. They're treating him like he's another Master P, and that makes me mad, because he's trying hard, and I find him very entertaining.

I thought he knocked it out of the park last night. I thought he was almost as good as Sabrina, but there were viewers (including some of the people I watch with) who agreed with the judges and thought he sucked, so again, I'm wondering what he did wrong. Was he off the beat? Was he technically terrible, or were there just some minor things that needed fixing?

I thought he was adorable, and I thought he related very well with Karina, too. I just don't get why the low scores, and it wasn't just his week. They've been hard on him from the beginning. More so than other celebs with what seems to be equal talent.

Edited to add: Thanks, Aceon, for pointing out some specific problems. I don't get the musicality part, because it seems to me that he is totally feeling the music, and I thought his posture was much better this week. I'll have to pay more attention to some of the other things, I guess.
    Last edited by Miss_Griss; 10-09-2007 at 08:10 AM.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread