+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 9/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Re: 9/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;2588576;
    There is no way on this earth the Wayne Newton is a better Dancer than Floyd. Wayne wasn't dancing he was along for the ride. I think his Botox face finished the dance before he did.

I cry foul if Wayne Newton makes it past next week
    Awww, he'll get the same type of ride that George Hamilton and John Ratzenberger got based on charm and fan base. It's a perk of being older, charming and well-known. Don't sweat it. He won't last until the end.

FORT Newbie

Wayne wasn't dancing he was along for the ride.
    Yeah, that's it. And they threw water on his shirt to make him look like he was sweating.

Quote Originally Posted by drkim;2588540;
    I wonder if that Mark person was surprised? The one who said in his clip, "you probably know me from..." and my thought was No, I don't know you at all you pompous arse.
    Actually I believe they all said that, "you probably know me from", during their predance interview thingys.

I think Mark will go home next because he doesn't have the fan base. Albert didn't either but after his performance and the way his personality was shown, I'm thinking he probably picked up some.

Quote Originally Posted by klm1;2588647;
    Yeah, that's it. And they threw water on his shirt to make him look like he was sweating.
    I thought we discussed this..... that wasn't sweat, that was his wax boobs melting.....

But seriously, just because he was sweating doesn't mean you could call his movements "dancing." If so, people have a lot of apologizing to do to Master P.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2588667;
    Actually I believe they all said that, "you probably know me from", during their predance interview thingys.

I think Mark will go home next because he doesn't have the fan base. Albert didn't either but after his performance and the way his personality was shown, I'm thinking he probably picked up some.

Of this group, the only ones I had not ever heard of are Albert and Cheetah Sabrina. Albert quickly won my attention, but Sabrina just rubbed me the wrong way.

FORT Fogey

I think Mark should go next - his newly replaced hip won't last the distance as much as he wants it to.

And, maybe they found Sabrina so that a woman can make it to the end and really have the talent to keep up with the female pros to possibly win (the first year was a fluke with the popularity of the soaps)

Whether or not Sabrina has prior dance training (Mario did too as did what's her name... that wrestling poster girl that was with Tony?) I don't think its that big of a deal. Obviously the show is fine with it because its not something she can exactly keep hidden and do the rules specifically state that you can't have any dance experience whatsoever in your past? I don't know which is why I'm asking. Either way, I'd love for a female to win. I'd be thrilled with Sabrina, Mel B, Jane, or Jennie winning and if they have to stack the deck a bit in the woman's favor to compensate for all the votes the men get on looks alone? Then so be it. *grins*

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2588975;
    Whether or not Sabrina has prior dance training (Mario did too as did what's her name... that wrestling poster girl that was with Tony?) I don't think its that big of a deal. Obviously the show is fine with it because its not something she can exactly keep hidden and do the rules specifically state that you can't have any dance experience whatsoever in your past?
    No, the rules don't say they can't have had any experience, but they're being pitted against other celebrities that have had absolutely ZERO dance background.. so it's a bit "unfair" to expect them to be judged evenly or equally.

Mario, Drew Lachey, Stacey Kiebler, Jane Seymour, Joey Fatone (to some extent), Joe McIntyre, Mel B. and several others have all had some form of extensive dance training. I think it all works out in the end because this isn't solely a professionally judged competition and 1) the judges expect them to improve week to week (Carrie Ann spoke about that often last season), and 2) fans have a large say in who moves forward and there's a huge risk of there being a backlash against her at some point solely because of her background.

Well the way I see it, the fact that some go into this with HUGE established fan bases (Emmitt, Jerry) sort of balances it all out. Now what will be hugely unfair would be somebody with extensive training and who also is wildly popular. Hope the show never goes there.

I guess I just don't see it as any big deal that she has had training and I really don't think there will be much of a back lash other than on the boards and I don't think the majority of the fans who vote are actually online (at least on the boards)

Oddly enough, I did think it was a bit unfair that Stacey and Mario had such extensive training but that could be because I hated them. HA, which is probably why I don't have a problem with Sabrina or Jane having training ... I like them (yep, I know its a double standard but we all have them.. if we like the contestant, we are more willing to overlook things.)

Oh and thanks for clearing up the rules thing.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2589190;
    I guess I just don't see it as any big deal that she has had training and I really don't think there will be much of a back lash other than on the boards and I don't think the majority of the fans who vote are actually online (at least on the boards)
    I agree. I have never had a huge problem with contestants having prior dance training because I think most people vote for a combination of talent and personality. I think a great personality can somewhat overcome great dance ability on a show like this where voting is basically just a popularity poll. She may have prior experience, but I think it'll be her personality that either takes her far or send her home.

As far as ranking them the first week, I'm putting Sabrina and Helio as my top two, and I'm actually ranking Helio higher, so her prior experience doesn't help her out enought to take first spot on my ranking. I think, based on what I've heard/read, others feel similarly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast