+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: 9/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 9/25 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;2586881;
    Mark and Kym - He was quite stiff to me, but I guess with the hip surgery. Now what I didn't get was the outfits and the song. He was dressed like a Hobo and she was all glamed up. I just didn't get it.
    It's the song King of the Road, about hobos. Mark's costume was supposed to be a patched up suit like it's seen alot of travel on the road.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I haven't read much of this thread, or the one from Monday, but I just want to make the comment that I HATE the fact they spread this out over two nights, just so they could add more commercials. It was one dance, 60 commericals. It took away some of my enjoyment. Not that I watched the commercials, but just the idea of it ticks me off.

I actually liked it much better, Misty, and understand completely why they did it. It was too, too difficult to remember exactly how each contestant did by the time you got to the end of 12 dances. Who the heck would remember the first dancer? No one... and that first person always suffered in the votes.

But I did hate that they had a commercial break in between every dancer. They could have made each of the first two shows only an hour long instead of an hour and a half.

With the fall premieres and other stuff I had taped I was able to finish watching two other shows between the 6 minutes long commercial breaks. Yeap, they were that long.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;2587740;
    I haven't read much of this thread, or the one from Monday, but I just want to make the comment that I HATE the fact they spread this out over two nights, just so they could add more commercials. It was one dance, 60 commericals. It took away some of my enjoyment. Not that I watched the commercials, but just the idea of it ticks me off.
    You are so right about the cazillion commericials. That is when I just channel surf.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2587780;
    I actually liked it much better, Misty, and understand completely why they did it. It was too, too difficult to remember exactly how each contestant did by the time you got to the end of 12 dances. Who the heck would remember the first dancer? No one... and that first person always suffered in the votes.

But I did hate that they had a commercial break in between every dancer. They could have made each of the first two shows only an hour long instead of an hour and a half.
    I don't mind that they spread it over two night, there's nothing else on to watch these days anyway. What I do mind is that they did it mainly IMO to load on more commercials.

By they time they got back from commercials (and I got back from whatever channel I had surfed too) I often forgot we were waiting for scores for the dancers.

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat3006;2586410;
    I thought Al was cute! Yes, please. Shirt. off. = good. LOL at Drew's comments about getting some guys votes for that.
    My comment when he said that was, please, put your shirt back on!

Tivo the show then fast forward thru the commercials.

LOL Dreams I do that with all the shows I follow. Its really the best way because you can also fast forward through anything you don't like in the show. Last season the judges were so vile that I would fast forward right past them and the scores. Now I just fast forward past the backstage commentary and just watch the actual dancing.

I had to laugh when he promised to take his shirt off because to me he isn't all that hot and don't particularly go for that smooth, oiled chest. He looks like HE'S had pectoral implants.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreams;2591215;
    Tivo the show then fast forward thru the commercials.
    Don't have Tivo.

+ Reply to Thread