+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 9/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Newbie

Re: 9/24 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

The Cheetah chick is irritating. I don't care if she can dance, I don't like her dancing or her personality. But she'll be around for a while. Too bad.

I can't wait to see Wayne Newton! He is so cool!
    Peekaboo...I see you!

They could have done a better job with the casting this year! Marie, Scaryspice, Wayne Newton, and Jane are great, but the rest of the cast is ho-hum!
    Peekaboo...I see you!

I'm so glad my favorite tv show is finally back!

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2584578;
    She had to stop taking ballet.
    Actually, she had to stop dancing entirely for almost a year, according to Jane. And she was never again able to pick up her ballet training, which became the reason she switched to acting instead of dancing.

Quick first impressions from tonight's show:

Josie -- gave me a bad personal impression right off the bat, when she described herself as a supermodel, instead of 'a model'. Whether she is or isn't, I don't care, but I don't like the Janice Dickinsonian arrogance. I actually kind of enjoyed the fact that after that ego-filled statement, she was so bad at dancing.

Jennie -- a decent first outing for her. Nothing impressive, but nothing horrible, either. I'll be satisfied to give her a chance. She's lucky in who her pro partner is. Derek is young, but shows wonderful potential for being my favorite pro dancer in spite of his youth. I like that even at his young age, he has a gentlemanly, classy quality about him -- something that puts him way above a Maks, for me. I enjoyed watching Derek dance.

Sabrina -- Another one who fell to the bottom of the list in impressing me. Her description of herself was too arrogant for me, the ego-tripping never impresses me. And aside from the ego, her personality is really REALLY annoying. I think this will be the one I have to put on Mute when she comes on this season. Either that or let some of the air out of her head. Leave the hip-hop out if the dance isn't a hip-hop, and she needs to shut up and listen to the pro now and then instead of running her mouth non-stop. Does she ever stop talking?

Melanie - She's a bit hyper, but she's not as annoying as I thought she would be. I loved her dress. Since she was paired with Maks, it's hard for me to have much of an impression, though, since I really dislike him so much and don't pay that much attention when he and whatever partner he has dances. At least he wasn't wearing a chest-baring shirt right off the bat this season, and he shaved (except for that furball under his lip), so he didn't gross me out as much as usual. Melanie didn't do too badly, though.

Marie -- Now this couple's dance tonight is a perfect example of why I first started loving DWtS and still love it. We all know that being the best dancer isn't the point of the show, so I really don't care if Marie was the best dancer or the worst dancer, or whatever. She and Jonathan embodied the sheer joy and entertainment that is ballroom dancing. I'm not embarassed to say I had a few tears of sheer happiness for her as I watched her and Jonathan dance. They both just glowed with charm and charisma, and that infectious Osmond smile is as intact as it ever was. THIS is what the show is about -- celeb and pro team dancing for the joy and entertainment of it all. And considering what Marie has been going through personally this year, it was so nice to see her enjoying herself. And she and Jonathan looked great together, a good match. She is a gracious and classy lady, and he is a gracious and classy gentleman. Even if they were to be the first voted off, just seeing their dance tonight made the whole season one of the best, for me.

Jane -- Exactly what I knew she would be... elegant, gracious, and classy. I normally don't like Tony, and don't think he's a good teacher, but I enjoyed him with Jane tonight, and like how he seems to be a bit in awe of her as a lady. As he should be. And her dress was beautiful on her, pure Jane Seymour. Watching her dance tonight gave me so many flashbacks of her in the movie Somewhere In Time -- she has a timeless romantic elegance about her that comes through no matter what role she plays, and it came through tonight also. She and Marie both have made this the best season, so far, for me. And also like Marie, Jane has a natural charisma that someone like Sabrina and Josie could never hope to have.

~~~

Drew - it was nice to see him again!

As for the guys, just my quick impressions of them as personalities (since they don't dance until tomorrow night), is that ego has run amuk in the ABC studios again. The only one who didn't display a childish amount of ego or act like a spoiled brat was Wayne Newton. And Mark Cuban was downright embarassing. Mayweather and Karina probably deserve each other. Given a choice in personality with all the celeb guys, I'll take a Wayne Newton any day over the others who seem to still belong in kindergarten. I'll take class over assinine any day.

All in all, the celebs ran the gamut of personalities from egotistical immaturity to elegance and class. It will be an interesting season. And I'm glad it's begun!
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Before tonight's show, I was rooting for Wayne and Marie, dancing sight unseen.

Now, add Jane to the mix (how she dropped off my radar in the first place, I'll never know).

So, those are the three I'm really pulling for.

Don't know if Marie will outdistance Jane (don't think so), but then again, you never know.

Gotta admit, I enjoyed Mel B.

And Derek Hough is a WONDERFUL dancer. I was really pleasantly surprised that he was able to back up his: " . . . when I get on the dance floor, I'm deadly!" comment (although I shouldnt've been, given that Julianne is his sister).

It was nice --- for once --- to see somebody make a bold statement and be able to back it up!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I wasn't too crazy about this season when it was first announced and we saw who the celebs were (no one really appealed to me) but it was very enjoyable tonight and the women did a fantastic job. I cast all my votes for Jennie, since I'm a 90210 fan. She looked so nervous and I wasn't really expecting much but she impressed me. I don't think Josie is long for the season; people seem to have sympathy for the men who can't dance but not so much for the women.

As for the guys, the only one I really care about is Wayne Newton. And Mark Cuban can't get eliminated soon enough for me.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Nemeses, like you, I was beaming with pride over Marie's performance. I love and adore her. I was so proud of her tonight and ALL of my votes went for her.

One thing I have noticed with ABC that is different from last year.....I have 5 different email addresses that I used last year to vote from (all on the same computer). This year, it wouldn't let me do it. Once I had cast my 6 votes from one of my email addys, it wouldn't let me vote anymore. It said you have reached your maximum number of votes. I guess ABC got smart then!

Oh well, 6 votes from email, 6 from a landline, 12 from 2 different cell phones and 12 text messages from 2 different cell phones=36 votes for Marie!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by rcurrytoo;2584451;
    I agree, I thought she looked great and she did a fantastic job! She's just a kid
    All the Cheetah Girls are heavier set. And they all do dance numbers in their concerts. One of them, I don't know if this is the one, even has a dance excercise video out (according to my neices)

Had a late start on tonights show. Hubby was watching Prison Break and I lost track of the time...

Anywho........I did get to see Marie, Mel and Jane.....

I really hope Marie and Jane do well. I was real impressed with how much Jane put into her practice and performance....her twins are really cute.....
    off to the Bachelor..
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

I think I threw up inside my mouth after watching Marie Osmond dance. I felt a cold chill as she tried to elicit some "sexy"...ewww. I want Josie to get another chance but I fear all the 40yr old moms around the country will vote for Jane and Marie.

+ Reply to Thread