+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Jane Seymour & Tony Dovolani - Season 5

Re: Jane Seymour & Tony Dovolani - Season 5

They over scored her. She did a great job with the tango and it was the only properly sultry one in my opinion but it definitely shouldn't have gotten the same scores or higher than some of the others. I doubt she'd appreciate pity scores, she strikes me as the type who wants what she deserved.

Either way, she's quiet the lady and looked beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2603760;
    I don't know who pays for it, but it's not unusual for the professionals to go to other locales to make sure they get their rehearsal time in. Anybody remember if Jonathan went to England last year for rehearsal time with Heather Mills? Seems to me that he might have.
    Marie is on tour and Mark has been back and forth taking his partner on the plane with him. I think the show should pay for it since their expenses aren't all that high for such a top rated show but it could be the star. Remember last year someone followed their partner to China.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2603760;
    I don't know who pays for it, but it's not unusual for the professionals to go to other locales to make sure they get their rehearsal time in. Anybody remember if Jonathan went to England last year for rehearsal time with Heather Mills? Seems to me that he might have.
    The professionals do fly around with their partners all of the time, and have in most all of the seasons. Jonathan definitely went to London at least once with Heather, Emmitt used to take Cheryl back with him to Dallas often, Julianne went with Apolo on different promotional and event trips, etc.

Who pays.. I am not sure. But since there have been ABC cameramen there filming most of them, I would imagine ABC has paid as part of the celebrity's contract for appearing on the show. I believe that I read that Jane, however, paid for Tony's trip. I have absolutely no confirmation of that, however, so that part's just speculation.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by CdnINXSFan;2606746;
    Marie is on tour and Mark has been back and forth taking his partner on the plane with him. I think the show should pay for it since their expenses aren't all that high for such a top rated show but it could be the star. Remember last year someone followed their partner to China.
    I was going to mention that Clyde Drexler's partner went with him to China, but I wasn't positive of that either. Thanks for confirming it.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

I adore this team. What class! Go Jane and Tony!

I was a little disappointed with Jane last night. It was obvious, even to me, that her feet were about an inch or two off the ground. Instead of accepting it (after all she's not a professional), she and Tony went on to argue no stop, even when proof was shown. Then, for the rest of the show, they were quiet and unsmiling. Had Floyd or Cuban acted that way, he would have been called a spoiled brat.

FORT Fogey

All anyone can say about Jane is that she is classy. So what? She does not appeal to me in the least. She is very controlled right down to her skinny and tortured body. I doubt she will be able to pull off Latin dances that require some raunchy moves or jive to the judges liking. Well, Len will hand her high scores because he is quite smitten with his fellow Brit.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2614834;
    All anyone can say about Jane is that she is classy. So what? She does not appeal to me in the least. She is very controlled right down to her skinny and tortured body. I doubt she will be able to pull off Latin dances that require some raunchy moves or jive to the judges liking. Well, Len will hand her high scores because he is quite smitten with his fellow Brit.
    He is actually a lot more smitten with Jennie Garth! He gave her a 10.

Personally, I love Jane and Tony and think she is truly a class act. There was a lot of lifts including Cameron and Edyta, but I think Carrie Ann is a fan of male eye candy and much harder on the women. Plus, if not being able to do something yourself qualifies for a deduction, how about Mark Ballas dragging Sabrina across the stage. She couldn't do that herself.

I very much like Jane and Tony. Her dancing is lovely and follows the traditions of ballroom.

I think that to be considered a lift, a movement must include having both feet off the floor for more than 1/2 second AND be something the dancer cannot do by herself. I believe that both elements must be present.

While I am a stickler for the dancers following the rules of ballroom, I also think that besides competing, these choreographers have to entertain the viewing public, especially those who are not ballroom fans. They must be very innovative to avoid having the pairs look as if they are doing exactly the same thing. For that reason I think some leeway should be granted regarding lifts.

Perhaps something like the difference between pairs skating and ice dancing would be appropriate. In pairs skating, lifts can be anything. In ice dancing the point of lift cannot be above lifter's waist.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2614834;
    (FA edit) skinny and tortured? Jane has probably the best figure of anyone out there. I am quite sure Jane could do raunchy- she was in Wedding Crashers, she chose not to but sensuous- which is the rumba is something she may do quite well. Len hasn't overscored Jane yet- if he were going to he would have done so in the mambo.
    Last edited by DesertRose; 10-21-2007 at 11:38 AM.

+ Reply to Thread