+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Jane Seymour & Tony Dovolani - Season 5

Re: Jane Seymour & Tony Dovolani - Season 5

I think I may have been the first the post against the stream re: my dislike of her, but I've found her to be rather arrogant since some point in the mid 70s, so I don't think this current bout of finger-pointing and whining is at all out of character. The arrogant don't appear to be able to comprehend that others may be better than them at something, and that life isn't going to hand them a series of 10s just because they're them.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I have no idea what Jane's normal way of behaving is. Maybe she really is this poor a sport and these "bitter" remarks are the way she responds when she's seen as less than perfect. (She does seem to be a major perfectionist.)

If that's not the case, however, then this may be a good illustration of why "the show must go on" isn't always the best approach to dealing with the death of a loved one. Having lost both parents and a sibling, I personally thought that she was nuts for staying in the competition and putting the extra pressure on herself of "doing it for my Mum."

It's entirely possible that her upset about various aspects of the competition is displaced anger and grief over her mother's death. (And she's also been dealing with being evacuated from her home during the fires. That's a lot of pressure to be under even without being in a competition and practicing a gazillion hours a day.

It might just be enough to cause ungracious comments to come out of the mouth of someone who is normally refined enough to not say everything she thinks.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I'm disheartened in Jane's attitude and behavior. I had to rewind one of her comments about Sabrina and listen to it again, because I just knew I heard it wrong. Nope. I heard it correctly. What a disappointment.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2638203;
    Wow, Jane certainly seems bitter at this point.

I take it she did not like Mel B's performance this week.
    Can I make one point- Did you notice Mel B was in parentheses? If Jane had used her name it would have been in quotes. Also noone knows the context of that quote- We didn't hear the question. Suppose Jane had been asked right after the dance she knew she had flubbed - so what kinds of dances DO get 10s? In frustration and disheartened she may have been generalizing i.e. chacterizing the kind of dance where it looks like people just walk around or play up to the judges. Still a bit sour, but nothing like people are making it out to be. Again for the comment with Marie- the question may have been- so do you think your fanbase is big enough to keep you in this- or more likely what kinds of fanbases do the other have to which Jane answers with 'I dont have the doll thing going' is simply a statement. for all you know the rest of her statment was but I do have a huge Dr. Quinn fanbase . Marie Osmond says in her own blog she was the one Jane first went to when her mom died. Jane says Marie's arms were the first around her- they are known for being close friends. So I think that was in no way meant to be derisive. Everyone talks about Marie's huge QVC fanbase even Jane's own fans remind her that its hard to fight that. - I am very leery of statments taken out of context like this. Its easy to twist things. I used to freelance articles for a fan magazine and I interviewed the cast of Dr Quinn, including Jane. I could easily have twisted the words of anyone I was interviewing by creative use of parentheses. You just simply insert who you want people to think they mean. The writer's bias does come through, this is a tabloid reporter remember. That said, Jane's latest blog has nothing but kind things to say about Sabrina- ALL the contestants have at one point said something about Sabrina being a professional dancer, it was a given so I dont think that was meant to be derisive. From the pics and video I've seen of Sabrina and Jane they seemed to like each other. Consider the source is my motto

Since her appearance on the show and some of her comments, I've really started to not like Jane as much. I've become very disappointed in what I'm seeing and hearing. I've also been seeing a lot more less than flattering articles popping up about her. I'm not liking it because I loved who I thought she was from her time on "Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman".

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by RomanticHeart;2643299;
    I'm disheartened in Jane's attitude and behavior. I had to rewind one of her comments about Sabrina and listen to it again, because I just knew I heard it wrong. Nope. I heard it correctly. What a disappointment.
    Did you read her blog about Sabrina? doesn't sound very mean there.

I am, as everyone was, completely stunned that Sabrina was voted off. I consider her to be an extraordinary dancer, a really lovely girl. I looked to her to learn about dance, to learn about so many things. But when I saw the way she handled her elimination, I realized that this is a young woman with extraordinary maturity, extraordinary poise. She handled the situation better than anyone I can ever imagine. My heart goes out to her, what I do know for sure, in my heart, is that she is going to become a huge star and have a major fan base for the rest of her life because she is a very special young lady.
    Last edited by DesertRose; 11-03-2007 at 06:26 PM.

I am a huge fan of Jane's and what is being printed is just that, it's being printed. Unless I hear the words come out of Jane's mouth I will continue to believe she is one of the sweetest warmest ladies I have ever known. And I don't mean known as known in person, but on the screen.
    I have read Jane's blog and she has nothing by nice things to say about everyone on the show.
    I think we need to remember that Jane is a lady and has always acted liked one.
    This is just my opinion and I don't want to upset anyone, but I just don't think it is in Jane's nature to be mean to anyone.

I feel that Jane has been VERY harshly judged by the judges and by the viewers. She has a way of speaking that comes across different but she is a very sweet person. She looks so young and maybe it's easy to forget that she is doing a lot for her age and looks so great that people are being meaner to her than they should. I agree that you can present someone any way you want to. Basically I think the whole show is being manipulated to insure a woman wins it, first they wanted it to be Sabrina. When that upset came they want it to be Mel, I think they would settle for Jenny or Marie if it came down to that but to set out saying they want a woman to win it seems extremely unfair. The one with the votes is the one who should win. I don't trust them for exclaiming this in the beginning that they want a woman to win. I hate it when women and men are pitted against each other for no good reason. If a man wins every time what's the big deal?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112