+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Jane Seymour & Tony Dovolani - Season 5

Re: Jane Seymour & Tony Dovolani - Season 5

That does seem a bit bitter, but there is some truth to it. Mel and Maks dance was a whole lot of nothing and they got 10's. The judging is just bizarre this year.
    Tahoe bound....

Jane is coming across as a sore loser. I realize that she prides herself in excelling at everything she tackles, but keep the comments to yourself Jane. The public is voting, so just fall back on that knowledge if it helps your ego. That Jive just was not good. She's 56 MUCH older than the young contenders. Also,I'm not a trained dancer, but I thought Mel and Max deserved a 10--athough honestly part of that is because Max makes her look so great.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2638218;
    That does seem a bit bitter, but there is some truth to it. Mel and Maks dance was a whole lot of nothing and they got 10's. The judging is just bizarre this year.
    That may be true, but surely she must realize she's benefited from the bizarre judging. Many of her dances were highly overscored, in my opinion.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

There was a little blurb on the news last night about DWTS that had clips of Jane and Marie complaining that the judges were being tougher on the older contestants and noting that Jane and Marie had the lowest scores from the judges. I'm hoping that after they've watched all the performances, the realization will set in that they actually didn't dance that well last night. Jane's Jive would've gotten 6's in any previous season and Marie's Paso was just not well executed. Quit whining. Though the whole night was overscored, Jane's and Marie's dances were rightfully placed where they should have been. At the bottom.

FORT Fogey

The whining seems so out of place for both Jane and Marie that there's a part of me that wonders if ABC isn't trying to manufacture some sort of controversy to ensure they get more time on the entertainment shows like ET and Access Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2638532;
    The whining seems so out of place for both Jane and Marie that there's a part of me that wonders if ABC isn't trying to manufacture some sort of controversy to ensure they get more time on the entertainment shows like ET and Access Hollywood.
    Good point, it does look suspicious. ABC has to always have it's drama.

I think you're right. Marie calls into a local show every Tuesday and she didn't complain at all about how the judges were last night.

Unless ABC is manipulating what Jane says to reporters? Then it's all her. I used to think she was this classy and elegant lady and I was so excited about her coming on this show. Could not wait to see her dancing and just bask in her loveliness. And now? She's a bitter woman who has way too many excuses (funny how when Tony called her to tell her that they were safe she suddenly felt well enough to practice.. hmm.. didn't know food poisoning was that easy to get over).
    Seymour was starting to feel the heat more than anyone, having been scolded by Inaba for what looked like lifts during a couple of performances—an exchange which in turn has set off a tame yet pointed war of words between both ladies and Seymour's partner, Tony Dovolani.

"I've never met anyone who loves dancing as much as Jane," Dovolani, who in questioning Inaba's ballroom credentials dug up a rulebook and presented her with the section on lifts, told tvguide.com. "But it's hard to come back from them slamming us." (Inaba, a former Fly Girl, either shrugged off Dovolani's gift or gave him the finger, depending on who you believe.)

"I don't have the doll thing going," Seymour said, referring to the dolls Osmond hawks on QVC. "And some dancers [like Mel B] can come out here and just walk around. You get higher scores in this competition if you just walk around. Or you go up to the judges and you go pat, pat, on the cheek and you get 10s for that."

But despite being told by all three judges that the jive definitely wasn't her "most comfortable dance," Seymour has been given the chance to glide across the floor another day.
    Source

Oddly enough my liking of Mel has gained. I felt nothing but icky indifference towards her but now I'm actually finding HER to be the lovely one and the one that makes me smile a little every week.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2640507;
    Unless ABC is manipulating what Jane says to reporters? Then it's all her. I used to think she was this classy and elegant lady and I was so excited about her coming on this show. Could not wait to see her dancing and just bask in her loveliness. And now? She's a bitter woman who has way too many excuses (funny how when Tony called her to tell her that they were safe she suddenly felt well enough to practice.. hmm.. didn't know food poisoning was that easy to get over).

It is absolutely coming out of Jane's mouth. But could ABC be encouraging it? I have not followed her career closely enough to give an educated guess as to whether or not she'd go along with it if they were to say "we need to stir up some controversy. When you do interviews, complain about ageism. It'll raise your profile on the show, and help with the show overall".

You do have a point. I'm just feeling bitter... like you do when somebody you thought was one way turns out to be another way and also because I was upset that she outlasted Albert and now Sabrina.. and grr....

If the show is encouraging her to act this way? They aren't doing her any favors because its costing her.

When the show finally cut to a commercial break, Dovolani raced backstage to grab his cell phone. "I called Jane and I screamed, ‘Yeah, baby! We're in it!!'" Dovolani doesn't know where Seymour was at the time, but probably en route home to Malibu. Seymour's husband, James Keach, grabbed the phone and told Dovolani, "She's really happy. She's asking, 'When are we going to get to practice?'" And then Keach said, "Tony, she's doing much better."
    Source

Plus the above just makes me wonder about her true nature even more.

+ Reply to Thread