+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Helio Castroneves & Julianne Hough - Season 5

FORT Fogey

Re: Helio Castroneves & Julianne Hough - Season 5

I wonder at what point during the season this happened? Before or after the Julianne kisses?

Quote Originally Posted by dcamonkeys;2695761;
    Well, this should fuel the gossip fire--TV Guide's website is reporting that Helio told People Magazine that he and his fiancee are officially quits. Let the Helio/Julianne rumor-mongering begin!
    I was so happy to see Helio & Julianne win they deserved it.
    I've read several of the articles. He and his fiance agreed to postpone the wedding when he agreed to do DWTS but there were rumors before that she was not happy with all the time he was away. He moved to Las Angeles for the duration of DWTS, his fiance was the one who officially called it off. It had nothing to do with Julianne. Helio has said they were both strictly professionals and are not romantically involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvstruck;2696083;
    It had nothing to do with Julianne. Helio has said they were both strictly professionals and are not romantically involved.
    I'm sure, though, that the timing of the announcement is going to set many people to speculating over when/why they broke it off. Just like when Julianne and her fiance called off their engagement last year, people were certain it was because she and Apolo were dating. It probably doesn't help that after all the speculation about (and denial from) Mark and Sabrina, they then released a statement that they ARE dating, but it only started after her elimination. Some people will believe what they want to believe, and won't let the truth get in their way.

Vote for Hillary! IstateTheFacts's Avatar

Helio- born in 1975 (he's 32).
    Julianne- born in 1988 (she's 19).

There's a 13 year age gap, so I don't know if they could make it in the LONG RUN. I do see that Helio has his eye on her though. That is as plain as day.

I don't think Julianne wants him though. I think after the attention dies down, Julianne will move on to her NEXT partner and Helio will be begging for his ex back.

Watch and see....I have a crystal ball. Julianne isn't going to go for Helio...he is kind of obnoxious and she needs a "manly type" of person...not a flamer.

Tennessean.com - Nashville news from The Tennessean, MUSIC CITY U.S.A
    Nov 28, 8:56 PM EST

Helio Castroneves, fiancee call it quits

By ERIN CARLSON
    Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK (AP) -- Helio Castroneves won the mirrorball trophy on ABC's "Dancing With the Stars," but lost his fiancee, Aliette Vazquez. Less than a day after Castroneves was declared the winner, Vazquez, a Miami-based business executive, announced she had called off her engagement to the Brazilian race-car driver.

Castroneves out-danced finalists Melanie Brown and Marie Osmond on Tuesday night's show.

"There's been a lot of rumors and a lot of stuff said, and she just wanted confirmed that they are no longer engaged. There's no animosity, there's nothing mean. Just a simple confirmation," Vazquez's publicist, Howard Bragman, told The Associated Press on Wednesday.

Sparks flew this season between "Cheetah Girl" Sabrina Bryan and her dance partner, Mark Ballas. Two seasons ago, Mario Lopez and Karina Smirnoff reportedly generated heat off the dance floor.

Was Bragman hinting at viewer speculation that something seemed to be brewing between Castroneves and dance partner Julianne Hough?

"I'm not gonna talk about the rumors. I mean, they're clearly out there," said Bragman.

"I will tell you (that) we wanted to be respectful and wait until the show was over," he said. "We did not want to affect the outcome of the show."

Bragman said Castroneves and Vazquez had been together for more than six years and became engaged last year.

Castroneves confirmed his split with Vazquez to People.com.

In an interview that was to air Wednesday night on "Access Hollywood," Castroneves described Vazquez as "a fantastic person."

"We had the engagement off for one or two weeks," he told the syndicated entertainment TV show. "It's a shame. ... I'm sure we're going to be friends."

Hough called off her engagement to dancer Zach Wilson earlier this year.

"I'm 19. I'm really focused on my career. We're really good friends," she told "Inside Edition" of her split with Wilson.

Hough was also the partner of "Dancing" champion Apolo Anton Ohno.

She told "Access Hollywood": "There was nothing with Apolo last season and there's nothing with Helio now."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by IstateTheFacts;2697065;
    Helio- born in 1975 (he's 32).
    Julianne- born in 1988 (she's 19).

There's a 13 year age gap, so I don't know if they could make it in the LONG RUN. I do see that Helio has his eye on her though. That is as plain as day.

I don't think Julianne wants him though. I think after the attention dies down, Julianne will move on to her NEXT partner and Helio will be begging for his ex back.

Watch and see....I have a crystal ball. Julianne isn't going to go for Helio...he is kind of obnoxious and she needs a "manly type" of person...not a flamer.
    I would think that the time of separation he has had from his fiance has much more to do with this than Julianne. I do not know what the fiance does for a living, but if I had a gorgeous, adorable fiance like Helio, I would have been at his side through this competition, not staying in another country.

Julianne is a gorgeous, talented 19 year old young woman in a very exciting time in her life where opportunities abound. I can't see that this adds up to her wanting to settle down. I wouldn't assume that she would come between Helio and her fiancee', but I could assume that a Brazilian race car driver would not want the public to get the idea that he was dumped, but rather that he'd picked up a young, gorgeous new girlfriend.

I still can't believe that Julianne is ONLY NINETEEN! She seems so much more poised than her chronological age.

It did seem that it was her publicist that announced the engagement was off because on GMA yesterday he acted like all was well.

Julianne just got a music deal with Universal. She's been working on a country album. It's good she called off her engagement (they are still friends) she's so young and has so much to do still.

FORT Newbie

This is my first ever post. I hope I do it right. I finally realized who Helio reminds me of. Don Adams of "Get Smart" .

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redtopper;2699500;
    This is my first ever post. I hope I do it right. I finally realized who Helio reminds me of. Don Adams of "Get Smart" .
    Welcome redtopper. I see it, Helio and Don Adams, good one!

+ Reply to Thread