+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Helio Castroneves & Julianne Hough - Season 5

Re: Helio Castroneves & Julianne Hough - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi;2634913;
    Has anyone else noticed that Helio and Julianne don't seem the same toward each other? It almost seems like something has happened in their personal relationship with each other and not in a good way. I noticed that they aren't all huggy like the other couples like they used to be. Makes you wonder.
    I could be wrong, but it seems like they're still on good terms. On youtube they have a segment of them together on ET just before their rhumba I believe and they were interviewing each other. It could be an act, but it looked like they were fine with each other.

They were goofing around, laughing and asking each other questions. And I didn't know that Julianne was in the first Harry Potter movie as an extra. And she also gave Daniel Radcliff a love note and valentine's teddy bear. Awww.
    Last edited by TVDude; 10-29-2007 at 05:15 AM.

I'm glad to hear that it's ok with them. I would really like to see them win. I'm not rooting for a Spice Girl, and Marie I don't want to see anymore of that. Meh to the soap stars. So I'm rooting for Helio and the wonderful Julianna. She is an amazing performer and her dancing is so mature. I also loved that cat dance suit last season. It was so cute. She and Apollo were adorable together I like her with Helio, too.

This season the music is so bad it's beyond belief, a joke! The wardrobe people must be on vacation and they are working out of reruns at the '60's consignment shop. Eck.....so bad. Enough of Edyta in fringe and men in hero costumes somebody call the fashion police.

Tobi: This season the music is so bad it's beyond belief, a joke!
    I'm glad someone else noticed the bad music. I give all the dancers a gold star for being able to dance all the fantastic Latin dances with music that has absolutely nothing to do with the Latin dance. I've noticed when the dancers are lucky enough to get Latin music they score higher than the others. The band does screw up occasionally and accidentally plays a Latin number giving the dancers a break.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

In the band's defense, they don't select the music for the dancers. If I understand correctly, the professional dancers submit music they would like to use to the producers. The producers, in turn, get approvals to use the selected music and the dancers get to use whatever is approved for use. The band just plays the music.

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2638474;
    In the band's defense, they don't select the music for the dancers. If I understand correctly, the professional dancers submit music they would like to use to the producers. The producers, in turn, get approvals to use the selected music and the dancers get to use whatever is approved for use. The band just plays the music.
    Hmm. That's interesting. For some reason, I had always assumed that someone else assigned the music and dance to them and the professionals just had to work with it. It would make more sense the way you say(although it would make me question the sanity of some of the professionals).

The music does really affect the way a dance gets scored I think. With Sabrina and Mark's dance this week, for example, how is one supposed to to a light flowy dance to "I'M A WOMAN! W-O-M-A-N." I love that song, but it's very heavy-handed, and I thought the dance that Mark and Sabrina did totally fit the music, so if it wasn't appropriate as a quick step, that kinda says more about the music, doesn't it?
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;2643404;
    Hmm. That's interesting. For some reason, I had always assumed that someone else assigned the music and dance to them and the professionals just had to work with it. It would make more sense the way you say(although it would make me question the sanity of some of the professionals).

The music does really affect the way a dance gets scored I think. With Sabrina and Mark's dance this week, for example, how is one supposed to to a light flowy dance to "I'M A WOMAN! W-O-M-A-N." I love that song, but it's very heavy-handed, and I thought the dance that Mark and Sabrina did totally fit the music, so if it wasn't appropriate as a quick step, that kinda says more about the music, doesn't it?
    I thought like you said that the music was assigned. At the beginning of this season they said the music is assigned to both the dancers/pros and the band at the same time, right after the show. That the band has to learn the music in such a short time. (which explains why the singers aren't always so great!!) The music this season I think has particularly been music that didn't fit the dances at all. I think it's really affecting the performances. Edyta sure had a hard time choreographing to the Superman music that I didn't think that was her choice at all. I thought they gave Cameron that Superman music because of Bruno's comment to him.

FORT Fogey

They've had a few catchy songs that had great choreography to match it - like Jenny/Derek's pasa doble, Helio/Julianne's Mambo and Cha-Cha, Tony/Jane's V. Waltz and Tango.

Where can we find out the titles to some of the music they used this season?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;2643823;
    I thought like you said that the music was assigned. At the beginning of this season they said the music is assigned to both the dancers/pros and the band at the same time, right after the show. That the band has to learn the music in such a short time. (which explains why the singers aren't always so great!!) The music this season I think has particularly been music that didn't fit the dances at all. I think it's really affecting the performances. Edyta sure had a hard time choreographing to the Superman music that I didn't think that was her choice at all. I thought they gave Cameron that Superman music because of Bruno's comment to him.
    There was a segment about two shows ago when we saw the process on the show -pros get the music for the first time, then they handle choreography in their individual ways before teaching their celebrity partners. Pros don't get to pick the song, Edyta said the music was hard to choreography because of it's tempo (I think it was their superman number). Why would she pick a tough one given a choice?

The music and choreography in American Ballroom Championship on PBS in Feb/March has fantastic music and choreography. Toni Dovalani and Elena G.did a great dance to Justin Timberlake's "Sexyback" in the Rhythm division in the championship round.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;2645785;
    There was a segment about two shows ago when we saw the process on the show -pros get the music for the first time, then they handle choreography in their individual ways before teaching their celebrity partners. Pros don't get to pick the song, Edyta said the music was hard to choreography because of it's tempo (I think it was their superman number). Why would she pick a tough one given a choice?

The music and choreography in American Ballroom Championship on PBS in Feb/March has fantastic music and choreography. Toni Dovalani and Elena G.did a great dance to Justin Timberlake's "Sexyback" in the Rhythm division in the championship round.
    And we've learned from this season and last that it's the pro dancers themselves who actually come up with a list of songs they'd like on the 'authorized list'... the producers ask them to come up with approximately 100 songs/music they'd like on the list. Then the producers have to do their legal thing, dealing with royalties, permissions to use the songs/music, etc., and they eventually end up with the completed authorized list from those suggested by the pros. So even when a team is given a song that is horrible for them, in their opinion, they have their fellow pro dancers to thank for it, since all the songs on the season's authorized list came from their suggestions. So one thing's for sure... at least some of the pro dancers have very odd ideas about what would make for good choreography.

Or perhaps they're hoping one of the other dancers gets one of the songs they put on the list, knowing it would be a headache to choreograph?
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;2615694;
    I love this team! They are very engaging!

I agree. I think Julianne is so beautiful. I don't think I have seen anyone so perfect in every aspect, meaning her body, face, hair....she has it all. And to think she is just 18 and the ability to choreograph the dances we have seen so far is remarkable. I so hope they are the last ones standing.

+ Reply to Thread