+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Melanie Brown (Scary Spice) & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 5

Re: Melanie Brown (Scary Spice) & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 5

Amen, sister. LOL.

Maks is cocky but he's funny about it, IMO....and those bedroom eyes.. yum. I have to have eye candy to enjoy a show and he's it. I'm going to be so sad when he gets the boot because who will I drool over?

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2608150;
    Looks like I am in the minority when it comes to this guy. He seems like he is very arrogant and cocky.
    Nah, I'm with you, Savh. I don't like him at all, and there are a lot who don't -- we're just not that vocal.

While I don't mind his cockiness too much, I do think his ego is out of control, and that makes him very unattractive to me. Well, that and he's just not the type of boy (yes, boy.... he's not manly at all, too me) that I find attractive in the least. Last season he especially got on my last nerve with his talking back to the judges, but so far this year he's curbed that, although he looks like he's chomping at the bit to do so sometimes. To me, he's almost the male version of Karina. If he'd grow up a bit, and stop looking for every opportunity to take his shirt off (sorry, it's not appropriate in every dance, and not everyone finds him attractive), then I'd have more respect for him. That's why I thought him and Karina dancing together this week made perfect sense.... they're two birds of an ego feather.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Fogey

Glad to hear there are others who do not care for him.

Maybe he has not been talking back to the judges because for some inexplicable reason, they seem to love him and the Spice Girl.

I don't think they are so great.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2608174;
    Amen, sister. LOL.

Maks is cocky but he's funny about it, IMO....and those bedroom eyes.. yum. I have to have eye candy to enjoy a show and he's it. I'm going to be so sad when he gets the boot because who will I drool over?
    My thoughts exactly. I love my eye candy and Maks fills the bill. Sometimes, we have other eye candy also. This year there is Cameron, and there was Alec and Albert. But Maks is the one I most enjoy watching. I know, I know - he is arrogant and cocky and he has a huge ego . . but, for some reason he pushes my buttons. The biggest problem I have is that he takes too much attention away from his partners and I tend to focus more on him.

FORT Newbie

Maks is just playing a role on DWTS. In person he is so nice and not egotistical at all. Yes he does know he is good looking and he goes along with the role. Drew brought up the shirt not Maks. I am one who watches the show for Maks' dancing and his antics. I love Maks and Mel together. What a match. A shirtless Maks makes a great evening! Maks fans want more!

Quote Originally Posted by maksfan616;2609570;
    Maks is just playing a role on DWTS. In person he is so nice and not egotistical at all. Yes he does know he is good looking and he goes along with the role. Drew brought up the shirt not Maks. I am one who watches the show for Maks' dancing and his antics. ....... A shirtless Maks makes a great evening! Maks fans want more!
    As we all know, what makes someone attractive to some and not to others is all a matter of opinion to each of us. Just like I find a shirtless Maks a comedy evening. Whether he's playing a role or not is completely irrelevant to me, he's still projecting the image he wants viewers to see, and it is not attractive to me in the least. Quite the opposite, in fact. But even if he stood there with no words or actions, he's still not the type of guy I find attractive at all. Nor am I talking about the Drew comment.. if I were, I'd have mentioned it in my opinion. That was an obvious joke.

There are lots of viewers who love Maks, and I have respected that as long as he's been on DWtS. There are also those who do not like Maks, and we've always been able to respect each other's differing opinions. I think we can still co-exist.

ETA: And I have met him in person, by the way, and I found him egotistical in person as well. Again, it's all a matter of differing perceptions, making neither of us right and neither of us wrong.
    Last edited by Nemeses; 10-11-2007 at 10:43 PM.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Link Here

BABY ON BOARD
    It's bring your Angel to work day! Dancing with the Stars contestant Melanie Brown keeps daughter Angel Iris, 5 months, close as she heads to the ABC studio in Los Angeles to compete on Monday's show. The Spice Girl made her little girl proud with her jive performance, which earned top scores from the judges.

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2608150;
    Looks like I am in the minority when it comes to this guy. He seems like he is very arrogant and cocky.
    Not really, but I expect those of us who don't care for him don't frequent his thread all that often. I don't find him the least bit attractive.

I love these two together. I hope they win. Who knew Scary Spice could do Ballroom?
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

They aren't going to have a chance to stick around if the voting goes anything like tonight. Though, I don't imagine she would have as huge a following as some of the other stars. I really hope she makes it far.

+ Reply to Thread