+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Melanie Brown (Scary Spice) & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 5

Re: Melanie Brown (Scary Spice) & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 5

Drats Nemesis! Now what am I going to throw at the TV when the judges get too mean with one of my favorites? I need that popcorn lol.

I think Edyta picks her own costumes so there is no help there and if Posh designs anything like the clothing she chooses to wear? Hmmm.. not sure it will be an improvement.

Maybe they think that the really bad costumes are sexy and will draw in the male viewers? Trying to figure it out here.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2560978;
    Drats Nemesis! Now what am I going to throw at the TV when the judges get too mean with one of my favorites? I need that popcorn lol.
    Well.... okay! I'll bring the popcorn!

As long as you promise not to mention that person's name who had no business being on the show again.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Deal! LOL

Ok.... for those of you who have said you are fans of the Spice Girls, Posh Spice is going to be guest staring on Ugly Betty. Her hair is blonde, really short, and asymmetrical now (that style that is all poufy with the long side swept bangs coming over the face? Hate it). If her picture in the TV Guide is anything to go by? She cannot dress herself... I fear for Mel B's. outfits.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2561310;
    She cannot dress herself... I fear for Mel B's. outfits.
    Everytime I hear something said about Posh designing outfits for Mel B for her DWtS stint, the thought that keeps nagging me is this:

Dance costumes aren't designed the way a 'regular' dress would be. The costume has to be designed for a specific dance, to allow certain moves and looks, all without tripping the dancer as she performs those tricky moves, and with the dress maintaining a certain look as the dance is in progress. And the costume has to match the mood/theme of the dance/music. It's not as easy as just designing a pretty evening dress or cocktail outfit and having the dancer put it on and wear it during one of the very active dances in the show. The costumes have to stand up to constant extreme motion, and have to be safe and be functional. I have to wonder if Posh is up to that challenge. If she's not, I certainly hope she gets some basic dance costume design instruction or tips from one of the seasoned designers or pros. I would hate to see Mel B trip or fall or look stupid because of a costume not designed well for this type of dancing.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Or have her suffer a costume malfunction ala Kelly M and that dress was designed by somebody who knows what they are doing.

I'm pretty sure we all knew that about the costumes but never really thought about it. Does that makes sense? I knew that the costumes have to be different than what one would wear to go .. clubbing.... but never really thought about it or how hard it would be to design one.

it's not hard to design... I've been doing it for years. It is the fabric that is important and the amount of stretch, attachments. Lots of clear elastic and sheer materials. You have to know where to get the fabric too. There are some great fabric houses in LA, plus tons of dance costume catalogs to get ideas from, for the novice.
    Tahoe bound....

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2561945;
    it's not hard to design... I've been doing it for years. It is the fabric that is important and the amount of stretch, attachments. Lots of clear elastic and sheer materials. You have to know where to get the fabric too. There are some great fabric houses in LA, plus tons of dance costume catalogs to get ideas from, for the novice.
    As you said, you've been doing it for years. Posh hasn't, hence our posts above.

I guess my point is, if I can do it (with no formal training and can barely sew in a straight line) Posh should be able to do it... with all the real costumers to back her up
    Tahoe bound....

Broadway, I totally agree with you as far as Mel needing fantastically savvy, and well connected pr reps right now. Although her resume is impressive, she's still kind of a "nobody" here in the states, other than being the mother of EM baby girl.

She's got the public in her hands, but I think she needs to be super friendly, very fun and open. Hey, they say all sorts of stuff about Victoria B, but after I watched her reality show, I fell in love with her!

+ Reply to Thread