+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Melanie Brown (Scary Spice) & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 5

Re: Melanie Brown (Scary Spice) & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2627328;
    I think Mel's a great dancer, and that's part of why I don't vote for her. She's basically a trained dancer, so it's an unfair advantage to all the other participants. I think TPTB wanted a girl to win after 3 guys, so they stacked the deck. The only decent male dancer left is Helio, and the soap star is starting to get better, but it is obvious the producers are expecting a Sabrina & Mel finale. Both are far better dancers without training than anyone else. It's pretty unfair.
    Totally agree with you on this. I just mentioned that in another thread. Sabrina and Mel are both professional dancers, so it is not fair towards the others.

I do like Mel though, but I prefer a fair competition. It seems to me that Sabrina will win, because she has the most fans between the 2. (from the US)
    Crazy Foreign Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Marlene-NL;2632672;
    Totally agree with you on this. I just mentioned that in another thread. Sabrina and Mel are both professional dancers, so it is not fair towards the others.

I do like Mel though, but I prefer a fair competition. It seems to me that Sabrina will win, because she has the most fans between the 2. (from the US)
    I still believe that she deserves votes. From my knowledge I don't believe that Mel has done Ballroom before the competition.
    Put me in a special school, 'Cause I am such a fool.
    'Troublemaker' from the band Weezer

Quote Originally Posted by astrotronix;2638374;
    I still believe that she deserves votes. From my knowledge I don't believe that Mel has done Ballroom before the competition.
    Well Mel DID say that she'd only practiced a few hours (what maybe 4) last week. That tells me something about how her career is helping her, jmo. Being a professional dancer HAS to be a huge advantage, imo. I can't help but feel that the winner should have to work at it harder than she's been working. This is a tough one, because she is very good, it'll be interesting to see how the voting goes.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Is there anything in Mel's bio that says she is a trained dancer? Lots of people have had some dance experience, but dancing in videos doesn't make one a "professional" or even a trained dancer. Hell, I've danced my ass off in clubs (and looked pretty good doing it), but I don't think that has prepared me at all for the structure of ballroom dancing. It's just not the same thing.

I get your point BlueSongstress, however I still find it suspicious that it took so little rehearsal time for her to get the very good dance down this week. jmo

It only took a few hours to learn because it was a super easy dance, requiring no skills or technique. It didn't deserve a 10 from a single judge, let alone all three.
    Tahoe bound....

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2638793;
    It only took a few hours to learn because it was a super easy dance, requiring no skills or technique. It didn't deserve a 10 from a single judge, let alone all three.
    That's very interesting. I guess it's all in the style of delivery they made it look good, especially Max. Max knows how to sell a dance and deflect from the shortcomings, imo.

It was simple, sensual and sensational. A dance doesn't have to be laden with tricks to be good. It was a very good, very true rumba. Maybe not worth 10's, but not too much less in my opinion.

FORT Newbie

Ballroom dance has many similar steps and moves in all the dances. So if you take the time and learn the technique (as Maks does) early on, then it is less to learn the steps and more to perfect the style. Maks said early on that Mel learns the routines quickly and Maks is the master of the rumba. So no surprise that they learned it quickly.

There was an article that said Mel wanted to practice practice practice and get nuts and Maks said No, you have it down. [mod edit] Go watch their videso, you will know they knew a few steps and shook.

I loved the rumba
    Last edited by Marleybone; 11-03-2007 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maksfan616;2638865;
    Ballroom dance has many similar steps and moves in all the dances. So if you take the time and learn the technique (as Maks does) early on, then it is less to learn the steps and more to perfect the style. Maks said early on that Mel learns the routines quickly and Maks is the master of the rumba. So no surprise that they learned it quickly.

There was an article that said Mel wanted to practice practice practice and get nuts and Maks said No, you have it down. [mod edit] Go watch their videso, you will know they knew a few steps and shook.

I loved the rumba
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 11-03-2007 at 03:03 PM.

+ Reply to Thread