+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Dancing With The Stars 5 - *Possible Spoilers*

Re: Dancing With The Stars 5 - *Possible Spoilers*

I saw something somewhere (one of the tv guide type sites) that with the schedule the way its being put out that the likelihood of DWTS being shown both in the fall and spring are high.

Anybody else hear this? I would love that! But.... do you think it would be too much and do you think they could hold their own against that other dance show *grin and wink* Well unless they plan on being done before it starts?

I've heard the Wayne Newton rumors too and that Scary Spice is going to be a judge and not a contestant. But who knows? Can't wait for the announcement.

They had two shows last year, I think. DWTS finished just before SYTYCD started so it went well! In fact up until now there has been a dancing show on... I'm having withdrawls with no dancing on tv right now ..
    Tahoe bound....

Me too! I need a dancing show, isn't America's Ballroom Challenge on? I keep forgetting to record it. Anyways....

I've read that the chance of Newton being on this show are nil to none because of his tour schedule. Its on his official site and he's supposed to be touring all over the country during the taping of DWTS. Makes you wonder. Is the info a smoke screen or is the spoiler that off?

Also there are a bunch of names being tossed around that I've never heard of, mostly sports stars. But as of yet no real eye candy. I need the eye candy!

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;2543770;
    I saw something somewhere (one of the tv guide type sites) that with the schedule the way its being put out that the likelihood of DWTS being shown both in the fall and spring are high.

Anybody else hear this? I would love that! But.... do you think it would be too much and do you think they could hold their own against that other dance show *grin and wink* Well unless they plan on being done before it starts?

I've heard the Wayne Newton rumors too and that Scary Spice is going to be a judge and not a contestant. But who knows? Can't wait for the announcement.
    As for SYTYCD, that show will never be competition for DWtS. The celeb and pro factor on DWtS puts it way out of the league of that other show. The other show isn't even a speck in the dust in DWtS's universe. Although it shares some viewers, the number is small. And what a viewer gets out of DWtS is very different than what a viewer gets out of the other show (I only call it the other show because it has too many initials for my lazy fingers to type, lol). Their demographics bump into each other only very rarely, and the demographics for DWtS translates to big advertising bucks, and that is the god they all bow down to at the networks.

As for DWtS: it is currently planned for 2 cycles this upcoming season, but where the cycles break, I don't know. The news about the 2 cycles of DWtS is buried in another announcement by ABC's Stephen McPherson about a DWtS spinoff they're planning. I'll let ABC Entertainment president Stephen McPherson explain it in his own words (dated July 25, 2007).

In other news, McPherson spoke about several of ABC's other projects and fall shows:

Dancing Spin-Off
    ABC will extend its Dancing With the Stars mega-brand with a new spin-off, Dance Acts. ''It's a show that's on the air in England,'' McPherson says. Judges from Dancing will appear on the show, which pits competing teams of dancers against each other until only two groups remain. No launch date has been set, but it could possibly air in the gap between the two cycles of Dancing With the Stars this season.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I believe Carrie Ann and Bruno are the two judges who are involved in this new project. I hope they don't go the "celebrity Judges" route like "that other show" ...
    Tahoe bound....

I'm so psyched for Wednesday's GMA. can't wait to find out who our dancers are.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Most of the dancers we know, since one of them posted it in his MySpace blog - bad boy, lol. I don't know if it's still there or not, I never visit MySpace, just read it elsewhere.

One of the celeb contestants I'm looking forward to, if it turns out to be an accurate report, is Jane Seymour. I've liked her since she was Serena on the original Battlestar Galactica 30+ years ago.

Some of the other celebs and pairings rumored, I'm not so keen on, but will watch, as always, of course!
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Here's the spoiler list I found...

Guys
    1. Aaron Carter - singer
    2. Wayne Newton - Mr. Vegas
    3. Mark Cuban - (who?) some billionaire
    4. Floyd "Pretty Boy" Mayweather - Pro boxer
    5. Lou Ferrigno - a.k.a. The Hulk
    6. Richard Quest - CNN reporter
    7. Helio Castroneves - hottie Indy 500 racer

Gals
    1. Jane Seymore - a.k.a. Dr. Quinn
    2. Tori Spelling - former 90210 actress and certified husband stealer
    3. Jennie Garth - former 90210 actress
    4. Nia Peeples - actress I'm guessing
    5. Gisele Bundchen - model
    6. Sabrina Bryan - ???
    7. Mel B., a.k.a. Scary Spice will not be dancing, but participating some other way

With that said.... has anyone heard anything about which pro dancers are coming back?
    Last edited by kittykat3006; 08-27-2007 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat3006;2547586;
    3. Mark Cuban - (who?) some billionaire
    He's the owner of the Dallas Mavericks. A local radio station named him this morning as a contestant on the upcoming show.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Sabrina Bryan... one of the Cheetah Girls...
    Tahoe bound....

+ Reply to Thread