+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Dancing With The Stars 5 - *Possible Spoilers*

Re: Dancing With The Stars 5 - *Possible Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by aname;2552468;
    I always find it interesting what type of man interests different women. Thank goodness we all have different tastes. I love beautiful men, but if they are too pretty, they are usually not as attractive to me. I tend to favor the more rough featured, rugged, very manly types and Maks falls more into that category.
    I agree, aname, about how interesting it is what different people find attractive in others. I also favor the more manly types, rugged, and reliable. What's funny though is that I put Maks in the pretty-boy non-manly type, lol. But our differing opinion probably is due to what we each think of as 'manly' and rugged. Well, also part of my problem with Maks is I automatically think of smokers as less attractive, and having seen both he and Cheryl (who I otherwise like) smoking like chimneys in video clips on TMZ and other entertainment sites, that's all I can picture him as anymore. Probably a lot to do with how a man dresses, also. For instance, last season, when the whole cast danced the 1940's jive number, I thought Maks looked great in what he was wearing. And he didn't have that god-awful facial stubble that he had in previous seasons. His hair also didn't look as greasy slicked-back as it usually does. He really looked sharp! But then he goes back to the shaved chest shirt-unbottoned to his waist look that I think looks ridiculous and feminine on him, and back I went to thinking how icky he was.

But it is fun to see what we all like
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;2552843;
    Marie Osmond is teensy-weensy height-wise. I've never seen her height listed, but I've seen her from a distance, and I've met Donnie, and they're both quite short. I don't think he was much taller than I am (5'4"), and as I recall she used to wear fairly high heels when standing next to him on their TV show. (But maybe he was wearing high-heeled platform shoes at the time.) Still, I'd be very surprised if she's more than about 5'2".
    Marie is 5'5" tall, and Donny is 5' 8 1/2" tall. I can remember meeting both Donny and Marie at an event back in the 1980's and Marie and I were the same height (I'm 5'5" also). Their mother, Olive, was there also, and she was a very short woman, though. Donny and Marie had just come off stage after a performance at a charity event I was involved in, so was still in their stage clothes, and I also remember admiring her shoes, which were similar to a pair I was wearing, except hers were a different color, so I remember the heel height, which was roughly 2-2" inches, as mine were, and we stood eye-to-eye.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses View Post
    Note to ABC/DWtS, et al: Please start working now on signing up Steve Martin and Donny Osmond for future seasons. Thank you very much.
    That would be a hoot. Wasn't it DWtS that had a contest with people dancing in shadow for only two episodes? Or was that Celebrity Duets? Anyway, I remember that one was Donny, and I think that he'd be great on the show. And I loved the skit on SNL with Steve Martin and Gilda Radner as dancers. I'm sure that he wouldn't be able to resist reprising that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses View Post
    Oh, and finally..... THANK YOU for not bringing back scary Brian Fortuna this season!
    My daughter was really glad that Brian isn't back; she found his eyes creepy, as well as his smile. I feel kind of bad for him because people called him scary-looking, but maybe he should look at his smile in the mirror and try to make it less serial-killer-like.
    Last edited by dcamonkeys; 08-31-2007 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dcamonkeys;2553338;
    That would be a hoot. Wasn't it DWtS that had a contest with people dancing in shadow for only two episodes? Or was that Celebrity Duets? Anyway, I remember that one was Donny, and I think that he'd be great on the show.
    Oh wow, you know I had forgotten all about that, dcamonkeys. You're right, it was DWtS, and it was Donny, and that was a great bit on the show.

Thanks for reminding us of that, brought a big smile to my face!

Who was Jonathan Roberts partner last season? I can't place him.

Jonathan's partner last season was Heather Mills.

This is his thread from last season.

http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...eason-4-a.html

Thank you, I should have remembered that.

This season should be good. I'm anxious to see who can actually dance. Looks can be deceiving.

Wow, I just checked who will be on the show, Wayne Newton, Marie Osmond, Jane Seymour. I can't wait until the 24th. Think they might be able to get Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie for season 6????
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2555460;
    ...Angelina Jolie...
    If they did, it would be one season I wouldn't watch.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Me too, Nemeses, me too...

+ Reply to Thread