+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 5/21 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/21 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I hope that he is supporitng him privately too Schmoo. But if any of the rumors regarding the downfall of NSync are true, I doubt it. And if those stories are true, then I'd say that Justin isn't there because he doesn't want the public to associate him with NSync, and not to avoid a circus. After all, Muhammed Ali managed to sit in the audience, and I'd say he's a much bigger icon than Mr Timberlake.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;2412000;
    I was disappointed with the final - didn't they used to do 3 dances - one ballroom, one latin and one freestyle? What happened? It gave us a chance to see who had endurance, and improved in both styles of dance! My votes went to Apolo because I thought that all season this couple really showed the best improvement, and were entertaining without being over the top and cheesy. Both Joey and Laila I thought had times when it wasn't just about the dance, but about them.
    They said at the end of last nights show that there would be a third dance during tonights results show that WOULD be judged. This is one where the judges can "adjust" the outcome after the public vote.

Who do you guys think had the best performance last night, mine has to go to Apollo's freestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonator;2412215;
    Who do you guys think had the best performance last night, mine has to go to Apollo's freestyle.
    Apolo's freestyle, no question.

And if he really didn't know how to break dance before this week ... I'm doubly impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;2409581;
    the last time they did the rumba, they used the chair and Bruno loved it and Len hated it.
    I like the one with the chair better

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2409914;
    Has anyone tried to vote online tonight?
    I've never voted before and it's taking forever for the page to open for me.
    I don't know if the ABC site is having problems due to traffic on the Bachelor message board.

ETA, OK, managed to get all my votes in now
    I just waited until this morning to vote, and it only took a couple minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2411517;
    Just saw this on tape.

Laila's downfall is Maks. Yes, I know the female contingent here lusts endlessly after him, but as a choreographer, he ain't that great. Leila had strengths and it was his job to push her towards them. And he didn't..
    I agree that Maks is a terrible choreographer .. but I want to point out that not all females on this board lust after him. He does nothing at all for me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Johnsonator;2412215;
    I think I saw Apolo's freestyle last year when Mario did it. Seriously, I don't associate freestyle in a ballroom competition with hip hop and breakdancing. I think they should put a caveat on the freestyle - it has to be freestyle and associated with ballroom dancing.

I know I could be accused of being a Joey fan, so very biased toward he and Kym, but I think their freestyle was more along the lines of what I would expect of a freestyle, plus, those lifts and spins they did were so much more difficult (and dangerous!) than anything A/J did. A/J are cute and will probably win, but J/K had the best dance of the night the last 2 weeks. Last week I'd even go so far as to say they had the best TWO dances of the night.

And neither of Laila's dances were up to par with the guys. She barely moved in the first one, although Maks' dancing was very impressive. And the second one, well, it was the same as every other dance she had done most of the season.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I have truly enjoyed this year's shows! I think the judging has left a lot to be desired. They flim and flam, shake and bake, and totally about-face their comments from one dancer to another. With Laila, first they were waiting for her to "come out" and when she did, they told her she shouldn't "come out"-she should have "stayed in". I think any one of the three could win-they each had their strengths and weaknesses. (My personal view on Maks is that he might be ok looking and have magnificent pecs, but I don't think much of his choreography,...unless you're only watching him!)

All my votes went to Apolo and Julianne. I really hope they win.

I believe Apolo's dancing has improved each and every week compared to Laila and Joey. IMO, Laila just doesn't have the talent to justify a win and I can't believe she's a finalist. Joey was a semi professional dancer to begin with so he came to the contest with dancing experience and, to be honest, I don't think his dancing techniques have changed at all from week one.

+ Reply to Thread